[Accepted] CommanderXor's Head of Staff Application

BYOND key: CommanderXor

Character names:

9f3e640b016d2cd581b855632189d959.png

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Nearly two years now, I believe.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: Because I always found command roleplay to be fun and exciting since you helped drive the round forward and ultimately helped antagonist gimmicks and events. Not to mention generally seeing the characters develop over time was fun. So ultimately because it's a fun thing to juggle around with.

Why did you come to Aurora?: I came to Aurora because it was the largest HRP server at the time that I could play on, with Polaris being dead-hour constantly for me due to timezones, Aurora appealed to me with its more-than-low-RP nature and an almost constant high population.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yes.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? I've got a handful of notices and I believe two bans on record. Mostly minor stuff with the heaviest punishment being a 3-day ban. Other than that, nothing really major or concerning, unless the staff thinks so.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay ultimately is assuming the role of something or someone in a fixed - or sometimes unfixed - universe and attempting to drive a story involving them. It's about having fun, while at the same time creating something realistic, believable, and in canon. People should be able to look at it, see that it is a realistic thing and get immersed in something fun. It isn't about hard-lining or elitism, but rather for everyone to help drive forward entertainment.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

The OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is to help maintain a solidified responsible person in a department. A CMO is there to make sure people are treated, a CE to ensure the engine is set up and the station functions. They're also there to help uphold cohesion and help new players in their department. Another purpose is a sort of guiding-hand for rounds. They're expected to help further the round through their department and to help drive forward any events with assistance from Central, usually with the announcements they send. Overrall the OOC purpose of them is to help drive forward a round, maintain their department to a standard that keeps the round functioning and ultimately make the experience more enjoyable for everyone.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

The responsibilities of a whitelisted player are similar to the actual purpose. They are expected to be more in line with the rules than normal and are typically under a larger scope of scrutiny. They're also expected to be more 'fair' in terms of their interactions both as antag and non-antag. Instantly shutting down someone without any real room to allow for it to progress is frowned upon and using their extended access to just murder is right out. Basically, they're expected not to be elitists, but rather help foster actual roleplay and allow gimmicks progress when believable.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

Currently, there is a massive Lii'dra threat into Tau Ceti region, with the attack on New Gibson and the assaults on the Aurora along with the visits from Purpose. There is, of course, some minor fluff about raiding fleets but that's in Sol and not related to Tau Ceti. This generally has placed a great deal of pressure on military and security personnel throughout the Tai Ceti region. This has resulted in Wasp being placed in a higher place of authority given the need for more logical and sound strategies and preparation in the event should the Lii'dra attack a NanoTrasen vessel again. Thus Wasp was promoted to a higher role in internal security. Having originally been stationed on the NDV Icarus, they have now been re-transferred to the NSS Aurora to help organize the security team should any Lii'dra arise once more on the station.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

I plan on making Wasp a Head of Security.

Possibly make an IAA character, and maybe promote one of my engineers to CE.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:

Wasp - HoS

Amber - CE

A New Character - IA

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: As said on all my previous applications I view myself as an alright/average roleplayer. I started in HL2RP on Garry's Mod and I'm used to more serious/word driven roleplay than the mechanically driven ones in SS13. But I've gotten used to it slowly, even if others don't roleplay as much I adore settling down and typing out actions when I can. I started off in Bay, and moved to Polaris before coming to Aurora given the low-population count on Polaris.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? Yes.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? Yes.

Extra notes: I made Wasp specifically for this application, since that is allowed from what I have been told.

• 2 weeks later...

Having now played a round with Wasp as HoS, I really like the character and their role on the station. They implemented a really cool and helpful code over the security comms, which helped us when they became compromised. Overall, from my experience, they did a good job roleplaying and making the round interesting. +1 from me.

So, I'm only seeing two rounds as HoS that you played recently. Have there been any issues with your playtime or am I missing a character?

I asked you via Discord if playing as Internal Affairs counts towards the trial and you said yes. I've mostly been playing as Internal Affairs as I've actually found that role more enjoyable than Head of Security and generally is less played.