[Accepted] Yonnimer's Diona Whitelist App

BYOND Key:

Yonnimer.

Character Names:

Russo Trosk, Isaac Jorgson

Species you are applying to play:

Diona.

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Exempt.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:

Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Big reason is it was extremely fun to play as one after starting out as a nymph. It was just a fun change of pace to try something different rather then always playing a human. It just felt really unique having the different interactions and the different mechanics. That and also I like the idea of a race thats composed of multiple entities to form one big entitie.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

One big thing is, is that all they need to survive is a source of light, they don't need to eat other then if they want the nutrients from the food. Another thing is unlike other races, they don't really have any set culture or a single home planet, least a known one, they all come from. Although some of them do share some cultural traits from some groups. They also aren't just one entite, they're a group of a smaller life form they combined into one to grow and better themselves. This also allows them to re-split into the smaller diona nymphs if they need to.

hr][/hr]

Character Name:

Grown By Star Light

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Grown By Star Light was born a small, wee nymph on the NSS Aurora where they began to learn to speak, among other things, from the crew of the station, developing a curiosity for the world around them. After being meet with friendliness, curiosity, and hostility, they grew into a gestalt, and what would be known as Grown By Star Light. Although with this growth their curiosity grew, along with their hunger for knowledge. With this wish they became employed by Nanotrasen as a lab assistant back on the NSS Aurora, to work towards understanding about the universe and everything around them.

What do you like about this character?

I like the idea of a character that doesn't know much about anything more then where they were born, but also has an extremely curious mind. And I feel like they would be fun to play as ,as well as other people interacting with them.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

7/10

Notes:

Please post any feedback, thank you for reading.

Even if it's just one paragraph about the nymphs time growing, and what it learnt when it grew up would help. Have your character gain a trait of some sort from its first moments of life, who was accepting towards it and who wanted to chase it around, something like that. Add on to that and it's most likely to be accepted.

I've no problem with Russo. I like 'im. He's a loyal part of the civilian community.

I suggest adding a paragraph to the backstory about how the nymphs came together. Were they all grown on the Aurora? Did they meet up in the ventilation shafts one day and group up for the raid? What do each of them bring into the whole of the being?

Another thing I'm curious about is the name. Where does it come from, if they were grown on the station? They aren't... technically grown by starlight are they (starlight is actually one word, meaning the light emitted by stars)? So where does the impactful memory of this come from?