[Accepted] CommanderXor's Vaurca Application

BYOND Key: CommanderXor

Character Names: Sean Richter, Romeo Patton, Rosey Woods, Jackson Holiday, Edward Cane

Species you are applying to play: Vaurca

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): RGB 150, 180, 255

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes,

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I wish to play as a Vaurca partially because of my love for non-human species in fiction, and due to the insectoid nature of them. Besides that, however, I think playing something so foreign, would make for an interesting experience and would allow a different atmosphere in RP. No longer playing the loathing Solarian soldier or the aging priest, but rather a large insectoid would be a fresh breath of air.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Where to start? Vaurcae are vastly different from Humanity in various fields. The hivemind aspect is a dead obvious, many being bound and not having free will, The unbound having free will in the sense of it being subdued when needed by the Queens' for the 'Greater Good' of their hive. The insectoid nature is obviously a vastly foreign thing to humans, people do not have compound eyes, chitin nor an open circulatory system. There is a vast amount of subjects to touch upon besides those two. You also have the cultural differences, and how humanity can touch upon that. Fashion is such a thing. It wasn't really a thing besides the eye garments, but humanity helped influence it greatly, thus making their own style. There are many more possible aspects that could be touched upon.

Character Name: Ka'Akaix'Vizea C'thur

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Vizea began life like many unbound Vaurcae, they were given six months to develop organically before they were thrown into the hive's normal development for Unbound. Given a Neural Socket, they were placed in the Virtual Reality Network of Ta'Akaix'Mouv'lek'tanta C'thur and began their virtual reality training.

Unlike others in Muov's Virtual Reality, they stemmed away from constantly helping catalog the mass amounts of code and data, they set out instead on the field of medicine. Vaurcae related, and human-related. For six long months, they spent in the network studying the various aspects of it. How to treat various ailments, wounds and such of the most common species in Tau Ceti and Jargon Federation space. This was only the start of their education 'pathway'.

Once the six months were up, they were augmented briefly once more. Oxygen-filters, language synthesizers and the other standard fare for Vaurcae interacting with non-Vaurcae. They were sent to help work in a smaller medical facility in one of the planets under Jargon's control. They spent most of it as a student, working closely with doctors to help cement the 'theory' of the Virtual Reality's lessons into solid 'practical' lessons. Treating mostly Skrell and humans, eventually, Vizea was given an offer by external affairs. The ability to work on the NSS Aurora, by NanoTrasen. Paperwork was filed and eventually, they were transferred to Tau Ceti to begin their contract with NanoTrasen on one of their state of art facilities.

Vizea now attempts to prepare themselves for the journey ahead on the NSS Aurora and Tau Ceti. To see how the 'authentic' face of the Human race was, and experience more than the rare human and Skrell.

What do you like about this character?

I like Vizea because he's one of the first characters that I've made that isn't a human. He's an experiment, a prototype. To see how well I can tackle the challenge of playing something truly foreign to the human mind. Along with that, he's a character dedicated to medical, which I haven't done in a while which will be fun.

Obviously, I also adore the entire challenge of seeing what it's like to face new specific challenges that may arise from playing him. Specism? Lack of Phoron? So many things may occur from his background, race, personality or such that will be interesting to experience first hand.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I'd say that my roleplaying abilities vary on the situation and concept. If I have time, I love to roleplay out doing certain actions. ActionRP and PassiveRP and the need to detail things out was a major emphasis by staff when I played on various Clockwork Half Life 2 RP servers. For HRP servers like Aurora, where mechanics tend to dictate the flow of roleplay, I still cope and I love to try and use the various mechanics and roleplay elements to help shape a story.

Overall, I think I consider myself an average roleplayer.

Notes: None really, besides the fact it's my first ever species application and would love some feedback!

Its good to see you going outside of your comfort zone. I have seen your character around, and your application is solid. You showcase an understanding of the lore, and I look forward to seeing you develop your characters further, application accepted!