[Accepted] Colfer IPC Application

BYOND Key: Colfer

Character Names: Regulation Apparatus | AD-D15-SN-(random 4 numbers)

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Exempt

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Because I enjoy being alien races (in this case synthetics) more than I enjoy playing humans. Its more interesting and motivates me more to roleplay interesting and unique characters when they aren't human, especially when they are robotic or synthetic in nature. I've been playing synthetics since I've joined Aurora as borgs and AI and I think I've gotten a good understanding of how to play as one, but I still am interested in learning how to play IPC's on this server and see how they differ from baystation.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: As stated this species is completely synthetic in nature, no part of them is organic and all of them is pure metal. This species also houses an interesting way aspect in that they arent fully developed citizens themselves, unlike most servers which have them as either citizens or lawed synthetics that can be citizens, this server treats them as tools, machines, and I love that. the synthetics on this server speak and think more logically, taking the most logical and most efficient course of action rather than the one that makes them the most comfortable unlike humans. IPC's come in a various amount of 'chassis's that have special kinds of stats for each one, ranging from durable and slow to fast and weak, somewhere in-between, or none of the above, allowing roleplaying of 'components' doing things faster than a human could or doing races or laughing as somebody punches you in the metal chest, etc

Character Name: ASIPY (Or Ace)

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs Ace was meant to be a ship bound synthetic, being a dormant posibrain on board a Xion manufacturing mining vessel, the vessel was exploring deep space for rare materials operated almost completely by lawed synthetics and only a few security officers making sure everything was in order. An unfortunate event occurred, a shipjack had docked to the vessels docking port and was hijacked by vox, the security guards were injured, the synthetics were pried open and their brains were stolen, and all the inactive positrons were taken as well, the ship left marooned with no trained pilots or even spare fuel to get back to the closest sector. On board the shipjack rose ASIPY, at least his intelligence, After a while ASIPY was traded off for not even a quarter of what he was worth and put into a lawed synthetic on board one of the orbital stations in the Outer Colonies. After a few years of work Xion manufacturing had finally traced down ASIPY and took them out of the chassis Years of work finally payed off as the station they worked on had a few volunteers that offered up help to ASIPY for a humanoid chassis for them and allow them to finally stand up straight and tall. They could have requested to be free and venture in search of freedom. Ace decided that they would remain lawed and continue mining but wished instead to preform such ventures in pursuit of science instead of materials, becoming a very well mannered and well trained archaeologist. enjoying and studying every find they came across until NanoTrasen got word of them and hired them into their research department.

What do you like about this character? Personally I just like the fact of them being a robot alone, but I also like learning how to think more logically and help establish a more robotic roleplay for both cyborgs and as AI. But I also would like to use them for roleplay, as Im more comfortable with robotic based machine roleplay esc things and can get quite creative and carried away sometimes.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I want to think Im at least 9/10 but, I'll honestly say I'm close to around 7/10, I have some issues with using me alot and I've been trying to incorporate audio emotes into helping me get my message across, such as saying that the robot 'state in a monotone voice,' instead of 'states' by using radio emotes

Notes: I do play IPC's on baystation and I've had an administrator watch one of my more detailed and intricate roleplays and say it was one of the best hes seen in a long time, though the character I was playing was a stowaway and not an actual crewmember Im still proud of that