[Rescinded] Toska's Moderator Application

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: Toska

Character Name(s): Tsezar Kondrati, Sofya Mrrazhiikani, Sioz Leksaruk are the ones I play most

AI Name(s): N/A

Preferred means of contact: Discord, Skype and steam if needed.

Timezone: PST (UTC-08:00)

When are you on Aurora?: Just about all the time when I’m not working.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: I’ve been playing on and off for about a year now.

How long have you played on Aurora: Collectively.. 4 or so months I believe. I’ve lost track at this point.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I’d say quite a bit. Still learning new things, I could learn engineering/atmos/telecoms as I’ve not played around with that yet. Anything I don’t know I’m willing to pick up however.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: Not for an SS13 server, but I have experience as a mod for other servers.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: I have not.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I play SS13 for this server in particular, though I do enjoy just how crazy the game can get and the depth it has.

Why do you play on Aurora?: The roleplay. I love the interactions with other characters and believe it or not I enjoy the company of quite a few of the players OOC.

What do moderators do?: Moderators are there to help. They guide players that need help, warn those that are breaking rules, and are there for people to come to if they need it. They deal with ahelps and do their best to uphold server rules.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It means setting an example for others. To be a part of the community, uphold server standards, and to help make the game enjoyable for everyone.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I’ve really come to love this server and I think it would be nice to be able to contribute and help keep it running smoothly.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I like to think I’m friendly and approachable, easy to talk to, which helps when communicating directly with players or staff (something that is very important in my opinion). I can remain level-headed and know when to step away from something if I begin to feel that my actions are biased. I’m not afraid to ask for assistance as needed and know that part of being a mod is being firm and following through with what you say.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I think I handle it well. I don’t let insults get to me, as there’s little reason to. It takes a lot to work me up and even then I know to take a step back, breathe, and relax.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

• 3 weeks later...