[Retracted] Climax708's Moderator Application

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account:Climax708

Character Name(s):Yisheng-6, Jishi-8, SSF-840, and a few more you're unlikely to have met or remembered

AI Name(s):Shepherd

Discord username + tag: Climax708#4846

Timezone:GMT+2

When are you on Aurora?:Evenings. Increased intensity in weekends.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?:A bit over a year

How long have you played on Aurora:About 8 months

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:All the SS13 I played are Baystation builds. I'm competent in medical & engineering.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?:No.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:Never.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?:Fun. I enjoy the group dynamics, and the emergent stories.

Why do you play on Aurora?:Sizeable community, solid moderation team, great code base.

What do moderators do?:Police. Enforce the rules, keep the game fun, mediate, welcome new players, and generally be helpful.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:Fancy color in the chat. Oh, also you get to give back to this wonderful community.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:Philanthropy. Also, contribute to a community I belong to, especially during "dead hours".

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

• Game mechanics competence
  • Growth mindset
  • Care for the community
  • Some previous experience
  • Communication skills

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:I like stress. It's fun. Angry people tend to be irrational, so I give them some time to cool off before engaging in rational conversation. I don't care about insults coming from internet strangers.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

Words words words.

I'm a software developer professionally, and I'm comfortable diving in to the code (if someone queries about a game mechanic for instance).

I have a certain curiousity regarding management work, and I'm hoping to hone some soft skills by being a moderator.

Those who know me describe me as cold and detached, which is possibly a good thing for someone who should be sort-of judge.

I made some minor contributions to the code, and I am currently a wiki maintainer. (Shows some seriousness & dedication to the community)

When I was 12 years old I used to run my own server in a game called Rune: Halls of Valhalla. It was fun. (that's where I developed a love for coding)

I used to moderate in a high roleplaying server in San Andreas : Multiplayer. Talk with me about it, it's a funny story.

I used to be in a military, so I'm comfortable with structure and chain of command.

Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...