[Retracted] Lilah's Fun Moderator Application!!

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: LilahNovi

Character Name(s): Lilah Novi, Aelia Volvalaad, Nora Vincent, Millie Eidola

AI Name(s): N/A

Discord username + tag: LilahNovi#2506

Timezone: Central Standard

When are you on Aurora?: Usually between 11am and 9pm many days.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: Around May 2015

How long have you played on Aurora: My guess is about a full year.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I feel like I know a lot. I can usually figure out most things pretty quickly. …Except engineering wires. Those things are possessed.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: I was a mod on /tg/ station for a little while. I resigned because I got busy, and then ended up finding a better server—this one!

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes!

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: I’ve never been banned!

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I like to roleplay. Also the particular and detailed mechanics of this game fill a comfy, cozy part of my brain that many games never quite could. It’s very unique.

Why do you play on Aurora?: While on /tg/, we had a second, more quiet server that was more rp-based (Until they put it on the hub and destroyed the culture. Oof.) I wanted the heavy rp environment with the fun, non-canon threat of dangers lurking. It checks off my wants for a spess game.

What do moderators do?: They help the players with problems, and put people at ease with their presence! They know when trouble is going down, they can ahelp!

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It means being kind, careful, courteous, helping people out with their problems, and protecting the game immersion for others by putting a stop to troublesome behavior. It also means asking questions for things you don’t know about so that you can better serve the playerbase.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: When I was doing it on /tg/, I enjoyed it. Generally, I like helping people a lot. I also enjoy this community, and would like to help new people get their bearings.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I’m friendly, and I’m good at approaching people without making them feel cornered!

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I usually keep it to myself. I understand sometimes people feel freaked out or wronged, and it doesn’t work to start insulting them back or become mean. I try to see things from their point of view as best I can. You just have to be firm and calm when things start to get wild.

Anything Else You Want to Add: (Do not put words here)

I admit, I’m not very good at these kinds of applications. I apologize if any answers seem to miss the point. I just felt that I could be a helpful and good-natured member of the team and I remembered enjoying doing the work on /tg/. I’m a calm person, a hospital volunteer, and a housewife (I don’t know if that really says anything about me, you be the judge.) I feel like I have a lot of time for Aurora. I MAY NOT KNOW MUCH, but I want to do my best to help everyone have a nice time on the Aurora.

Timezone: Central Standard

Best timezone and makes me feel like I'm not alone in being old. +1

But seriously...

Lilah's a good sort. I've seen no issues with her IC or OOC conduct, and she seems to know her stuff really well (jobs, lore, IC conduct, etc). She has a good attitude and I don't doubt she could be an excellent addition to the mod staff. I'd definitely trust her with a trial. Having prior experience is definitely a plus.

Lilah is indeed good people, and I appreciate that she's had experience on a previous server. Someone positive and helpful is the sort of staff I like to see and always wish we had more of.

There are times for mods, though, when being positive and helpful may not help you carry out some staff duties. How do you handle having to be hard on someone?

Lilah is indeed good people, and I appreciate that she's had experience on a previous server. Someone positive and helpful is the sort of staff I like to see and always wish we had more of.

There are times for mods, though, when being positive and helpful may not help you carry out some staff duties. How do you handle having to be hard on someone?

I do not feel guilt when I have to shift the way I am approaching someone.

Usually I take on what I call the "mom response" in my mind, where I am firm, clear-cut, and set the boundaries. I like to let people know I have faith in them, and let the person know they'd be welcome to come have fun with everyone else if they improve their behavior-- HOWEVER, they must accept the punishment for whatever it might be (unless it's overturned by another) and try again. I have seen greytiders become actual members of the community on /tg/ (Though the standard is much lower over there, admittedly.) But, I know sometimes you can't fix troublesome behavior, and you just have to give up and cut it off if the person insists on being constantly disruptive.

I have interacted with Lilah both in IC and OOC. I can vouch Lilah is willingly to become a moderator and ensure that everyone's having fun. Lilah is the kind of person to express and remind people that we are here for fun, not to stick and see the world as black and white inducing despair, Basically, she knows just because people can do it doesn't mean they should do it. In fact, she would most definitely turn around her thinking and ensure that everyone is having fun. Apparently, there are too many people who do not see usually see fun that way so I would vouch Lilah to be a moderator for the sake of hope.

• 4 weeks later...