[Accepted] JMJ_99 CCIA application

CCIA Staff Application

Basic Information

Byond key:JMJ_99

Character names:Ashley Jaeger, Mika, Emma, Kars’sa Kareeth

Timezone:AEST( UTC +10:00)

What times are you most available? On weekdays, From about 4 to 12pm on weekdays. On weekends essentially available 24 hours a day. I’m about to finish school this week so for most of next year I will be available most times.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: 2 years

How long have you played on Aurora?:5-6 months

How active on the forums, discord and/or server are you?I check the forums daily. I’m very active on the server and discord.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:no

Have you ever volunteered as moderation staff for any other servers, SS13 or otherwise?:For ss13,no but elsewhere yes. I have been moderator on a TF2 jailbreak server. Unfortunately. The owner couldn’t afford to keep the server running so it shut down around a month after it opened. I've also been moderator for a few discord servers but these are mostly dead now.

Do you have any other experience that you believe would be relevant to a position in the CCIA?:Not really.

Why do you want to join the CCIA?:I want to be able to make some contribution to the community I’m spending so much time with and I like CCIA because it deals with things ICly . CCIA is appealing to me because it gives the opportunity for unique interactions and RP that otherwise wouldn't be possible.

What do you think are the most important qualities for a CCIA Agent to possess?: The ability to keep level headed, act professional and see things from all sides and prospective, this is vital in order to be able to properly handle IRs and settle grievances between players. Being in CCIA means you need to be trustworthy and competent enough to act as Central command in the game.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is in an ongoing round?:Most of the time CCIA should be trying to effect the round as little as possible, doing only going as far as to do what is needed of them, be that giving an interview or responding to a fax and emergency transmissions.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is outside of the server?: To handle incidence reports and NT policy. Occasionally CCIA will make modifications to Corporate regulations and directives

How do you handle stress?:It may not show up in game a lot, but it takes alot before it begins to affect me.

How well do you work autonomously?:With proper motivation I can work on my own rather quickly.

Additional Notes:

Interview with JMJ_99:

[9:00 AM] Whiterabit: Alright then, let's start.

[9:00 AM] Whiterabit: First question

[9:00 AM] Whiterabit: 1. During a round of Ninja, you are faxed by the Station Command inquiring about an “inspector” who claims to have been sent to evaluate each of the departments. How do you respond?

[9:05 AM] JJ: I would wait sometime to give the Antag some breathing room, I would then send a Fax saying that we are unaware of any Insepector being sent, it is commands disgression in how they treat this "inpector".(edited)

[9:06 AM] Whiterabit: 2. During a round of Crossfire, you are faxed by the Station Command about a team of mercenaries who have reported a band of pirates operating in the area and they wish to offer their services as additional security. Command wishes your advice on the situation. How do you respond?

[9:12 AM] JJ: I would send a fax saying that security should investigate the legitmacy of these claims, it is commands decision whether these mercenaries are used, Keep Regulations in mind and Command is liable for any damages they cause.

[9:13 AM] Whiterabit: Couple more server based questions

[9:13 AM] Whiterabit: 3. You receive an emergency message from the station’s Artificial Intelligence. It claims that there is an emergency situation and requests an immediate ERT deployment. How do you respond?

[9:13 AM] JJ: There is that station request for a fax to be sent right?

[9:14 AM] Whiterabit: You mean an announcement?

[9:14 AM] JJ: Yes.

[9:14 AM] Whiterabit: Yeah, there are templates or you can create one custom.

[9:15 AM] Whiterabit: There is one template requesting an update if the station is already in code red for an extended period.

[9:17 AM] JJ: ok, I'd likely send one of those. If command answers or no response for a while I'd send an ERT.

[9:18 AM] Whiterabit: 4. You receive a fax from the Internal Affairs Agent, he claims that the Captain has been abusing his authority by removing all of the vending machines from the station and has demoted an engineer for littering. How do you respond?

[9:23 AM] JJ: I'd fax to the IAA, firstly saying that the Captain has the Authority to make changes to the station as they please, removing the Vending machine is not Exceeding offical powers. Secondly that Littering falls under vandalism which only carries the option for demotion on repeat offenses.

[9:23 AM] Whiterabit: 5. In your own opinion, how much of a role should Central Command play in the affairs of the station? When is it appropriate for them to intervene and by how much should they attempt to shape the round?

[9:31 AM] JJ: Central command should try to direct the way the round is going not force it to go a certain way, out right shutting down an Antag's gimmick for example. CC should only really intervene is the round is suffering due to something serious happening in the round. Intervention should allow the players to continue to shape the rouund to some degree and not give any side a clear advatage or disadvantage.(edited)

[9:31 AM] Whiterabit: 6. What do you think is the purpose of the Incident Report system?

[9:33 AM] JJ: I believe the IR system is meant to allow players to have some form to settle disputes that would not be able to be handeled by moderation.

[9:33 AM] Whiterabit: 7. What do you believe should qualify a character for receiving significant action such as a demotion as opposed to a lighter response such as a warning or even re-training? What about a full character firing?

[9:38 AM] JJ: Demotion should only be given to Characters that have made a mistake that has lead to some serious implications for the other crew and they are no longer safe to continure to be employed in their current job a lighter punishment would be for something more minor that hasn't affected other characters a great deal. A firing would be reserved for characters that have failed to learn or don't meet the standards for working on the station.

[9:38 AM] Whiterabit: 8. After taking an IR of your own and completing your interviews, you find that an officer escalated to a forceful arrest when a crewmember resisted detainment. The original reason for the arrest is deemed invalid, however, the officer argues that in resisting arrest the crewman legitimized the detainment. What do you think would be the best way to resolve this case? Why?

[9:47 AM] JJ: I would depend on the context of what the officer thought the crewmember did to justify being arrested but I'd likely give the officer a warning for Performing An unlawful arrest, if it was serious enough a temporary demotion to cadet so they can relearn regulations. I'd tell the crewmember that they should in the future, cooperate with security and if they believe it was unlawful arrest to file an IR or talk to their head of staff(edited)

[9:48 AM] Whiterabit: Alright, and only one more question. Came up when we were going over your application.

[9:48 AM] Whiterabit: 9. Some concerns have been raised regarding your characters' impulse control and aggression. Specifically, with regards to your responsibility as a representative of central command, how do you think you'll be able to manage any high-stress situations or crew acting in conflict with you?

[9:54 AM] JJ: I believe I should be able to well. Alot of the aggressivness is because of me transistioning from MRP to HRP, I believe I have toned it down quite alot, espessially after the feedback I've received about it.(edited)

• 4 weeks later...