[Accepted] Elliot's CCIA Staff Application

CCIA Staff Application

Basic Information

Byond key: Elliot123

Character names: "Elliot Proctor" [Warden], "Sophi Taka" [Roboticist], "Sophie Dre" [Paramedic], "C.A.I.M" [AI], "Katya" [PAI].

Timezone: GMT

What times are you most available?: Any evenings, all day Saturdays.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: A few months now.

How long have you played on Aurora?: I've played on Aurora since day one.

How active on the forums, discord and/or server are you? I'd say I'm pretty active on the Discord and somewhat active on the forums, on the server itself I generally play every day except in exceptional

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: No.

Have you ever volunteered as moderation staff for any other servers, SS13 or otherwise?: I've been in moderation and admin roles on many Garry's mod servers, role-play and otherwise, as well as other things like: Discord, Minecraft and in multiple games of Werewolf with IRL gaming groups.

Do you have any other experience that you believe would be relevant to a position in the CCIA?: Currently I run a face to face RPG campaign between my gaming group alternating between D&D and Paranoia depending on the players. I GM both of these campaigns and love help shaping the game and world around them.

Personality

Why do you want to join the CCIA?: I want to join the CCIA because it will allow me to give back to the community which I spend a lot of time with, I also like the role as it deals with issues in character. This in particular makes CCIA so appealing as I can help out whilst still building up my different characters and further improve my role-play skills.

What do you think are the most important qualities for a CCIA Agent to possess?: The most important quality of a CCIA agent is that of professionalism. Being able to keep a level head whilst dealing with issues and doing so with elegance. They must also be very trust worthy and knowledgeable, being able to see things from many perspectives and acting accordingly.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is in an ongoing round?: During a round a CCIA agent's role is first and foremost to guide the round rather than control it. They need to guide it to an interesting experience whilst doing as little as possible and helping in a way that does not feel intruding on the round, this should be done as a mediator and as neutrally between players as possible.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is outside of the server?: Outside of a round CCIA agents handle IR reports and company policies. Sometimes being needed to modify corporate directives and regulations. They also keep good relations with player and help where help is needed.

How do you handle stress?: I feel I handle stress very well, I rarely ever feel overwhelmed and can keep a level head.

How well do you work autonomously?: I think I work well autonomously, as I motivate myself to do things rather than being forced.

Additional Notes: I've chose to separate each section for easier review.

• 4 weeks later...

Interview:

ForgottenTraveller - Today at 12:02 PM

1. During a round of Ninja, you are faxed by the Station Command inquiring about an “inspector” who claims to have been sent to evaluate each of the departments. How do you respond?

Elliot - Today at 12:05 PM

Once I recieve the fax I'd wait for a few minuets to allow the antag to prep a back up plan, escape routes, that sort of thing before faxing back that nothing was scheduled but the Aurora is due one within the week and it could benifit from having it done now. I'd advice command to give them basic accsess and keep an eye on them whilst they're on board.

ForgottenTraveller - Today at 12:08 PM

2. During a round of Crossfire, you are faxed by the Station Command about a team of mercenaries who have reported a band of pirates operating in the area and wish to offer their services as additional security. Command wishes your advice on the situation. How do you respond?

Elliot - Today at 12:11 PM

I'd reply that command should know the dangers of mercenaries and ask for any credentials to prove their reliability. I'd also suggest that if the pirates were to attack the station that extra experianced fighters would be a huge help, but it should be up to internal security whether they wish to negotiate terms with the mercaneries for their help and accsess whether the extra help is needed.

ForgottenTraveller - Today at 12:11 PM

3. You receive an emergency message from the station’s Artificial Intelligence. It claims that there is an emergency situation and requests an immediate ERT deployment. How do you respond?

Elliot - Today at 12:13 PM

I would attempt to make contact with the stations command team, faxing heads of staff and such to ask for an explanation of the ERT deployment. If no reply is given within a few mineuts then I would deploy ERT. If there is a reply from command which explains the need for ERT I would also deploy it, however if the reason they give could be handled by people on board I will not.

ForgottenTraveller - Today at 12:14 PM

4. You receive a fax from the Internal Affairs Agent, he claims that the Captain has been abusing his authority by removing all of the vending machines from the station and has demoted an engineer for littering. How do you respond?

Elliot - Today at 12:18 PM

I'd contact him informing him that whilst removal of the vending machines is perculiar the captain has authority to make those changes, assuming a chef and gardener are on board. If the captain isn't doing anything but removing them there shouldn't be an issue unless as I said there is no kitchen and garden crew on board. As for the engineer, excesive littering could be considered as vandilism. Repeat offences of this could be enough for a demotion if he has been warned already. But I would still advice that people should file a IR about the Captain if they see his actions as abusing his authority as it is not an emergency.

ForgottenTraveller - Today at 12:19 PM

5. In your own opinion, how much of a role should Central Command play in the affairs of the station? When is it appropriate for them to intervene and by how much should they attempt to shape the round?

Elliot - Today at 12:23 PM

I think that the main role of CC in rounds is to carefully guide the round into something compelling and entertaining for all players. Of course sometimes actions would need to be taken, but the round should be a result of the player's actions and RP, with CC acting as a reactionary team to make the round more intresting when it's slow and feel a lot more real via its actions. They should make the round feel as if it's part of a bigger universe in a way, for example deploying ERT when a ton of emergency faxes come through or interacting with command crew to guide them on issues without being directly involved.

ForgottenTraveller - Today at 12:23 PM

6. What do you think is the purpose of the Incident Report system?

Elliot - Today at 12:25 PM

I think that the main purpose of the IR system is to provide a way in which players can report poor behaviour about others IC whilst also being IC. It should be used to report unprofesional, dangerous behaviour and such that aren't related to antag actions or players.

ForgottenTraveller - Today at 12:25 PM

7. What do you believe should qualify a character for receiving significant action such as a demotion as opposed to a lighter response such as a warning or even re-training? What about a full character firing?

Elliot - Today at 12:30 PM

I think that demotion should be used when the person's actions have serious reprecutions or a long lasting negative effect on the station or its crew. It should be used in cercumstances where the person can no longer be trusted in that position due to the severe negative actions taken whilst in it. Lighter punishments should be given when the person has not seriously effected anyone or thing but has caused some issues that have been resolved without major efforts needed to fix them. As for firing a charecter it should be done when someone has caused a large amount of long term damage or injury that would lead them to be not trusted within any role in NT. Of course this should be consulted with other people as well as it is a serious punishment.

ForgottenTraveller - Today at 12:32 PM

8. After taking an IR of your own and completing your interviews, you find that an officer escalated to a forceful arrest when a crewmember resisted detainment. The original reason for the arrest is deemed invalid, however, the officer argues that in resisting arrest the crewman legitimized the detainment. What do you think would be the best way to resolve this case? Why?

Elliot - Today at 12:37 PM

I think the best way to resolve it would be to get futher infomation. With the infomation required there's not enough context to the situation to warrent action upon either person. I'd attempt to contact witnesses and take statements from both involved. If it's discovered that the officer was very aggresive towards the person for no apparent reason, then it's understandable why someone would be hesitent to willingly go with the officer. In this case the officer should have action taken upon him (with the aggresion and reason for it taken into account) and the person detained given a notice that it is always a poor idea to resist arrest at any time. Of course if the tables are turned and the person was aggresive toward the officer in an attempt to resist a peaceful arrest then the action should be taken against them (with aggresion and reason for it taken into account). If both parties are equally responsible for the escalation of violence then they should both be punished for the escalation in violence.

• 4 weeks later...