[Decline] Meroko's Deputy Lore Developer application

Ckey/BYOND Username:

Shinigami_Meroko

Position Being Applied For (Species Maintainer, Wiki Maintainer, Lore Developer, Deputy Lore developer):

Deputy Lore Developer

Past Experiences/Knowledge:

I'm a huge worldbuilding nerd for tabletop games like D&D and Shadowrun. I like making things fantastic but believable. I take pride in the evolution of worlds, countries, nations and how their interactions with each other and outside sources would dictate their development into what they are today. I like to dabble in everything from major wars, treaties, and discoveries to little things like minor incidents or local heroes, to the divine of the rise and fall of religions, political factions, and interest groups.

In SS13 itself, I've been here and there since the beginning, before the goonstations, before it all. I'm no expert on how things in it work completely, but with so many iterations it's fun to see each one and the nuances between them.

Examples of Past Work:

(The following is a CYOA excerpt from a questionnaire I have asked my Shadowrun players to answer to help develop their personal characters. The choice is polarized to a 1 or 2 answer, but the question itself is more about the gray area of either side of an answer and knowing that, as a runner, things may not go the way you think after you make, what you believe to be, a "right" choice.)

A city in the fringes of the Sioux territory has been at odds with Renraku for months. The city itself is irradiated and its members more or less ghouls of themselves that cling to their exposed lifestyle while adopting the local shamanistic rituals of the Sioux in their own ways. Renraku wants to annex the city and siphon the irradiation for an experiment in ground-cleansing in cooperation with Shiawase. However, your role in this will decide the city's future...

Helping the locals of the city will keep Renraku's corporate reach from extending further into Sioux territory, but will also leave the ghoulish people to their fate of a slow degredation into primordial sludge.

Helping Renraku take the city will ensure the survival of the people within with their vastly superior medical and magical advances to mend their damaged bodies, but will also subjugate them to the whim of the Megacorp, and extend Renraku's already massive reach further into Sioux territory, potentially setting ties with the two at even further strain.

----------------------

Also I helped on the design of the Zeng-Hu logo, just a little, but I feel accomplished for my input.

Additional Comments:

I've watched SS13 grow from the original map with only traitor or meteor modes into this multiverse of different directions. I've been an avid heavy roleplayer and the universe within Aurora has not only been accepting of me as a newcomer but also fun to engage in with everyone else. Being a part of creating a deeper lore for the universe would be fun as hell, even if I'm only shouting stupid ideas at 3 a.m. into the bluespace.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there. Loow here.

I like your moxie, but I came here to be mean and ask questions. Mean questions.

You've got some fun stuff here about caring about ss13, being new to the community, loving building worlds. That's all good, but I'm gonna go ahead and be "that guy" for a minute.

What are you applying for? I had assumed this was for the current opening for a specific whitelisted race's deputy position, but I don't see any specifics here as to what this application was for. What's more, I think this app went up before the current opening was announced. All I see is "Deputy Lore Developer."

So what're you in for?