[Withdrawn] MoondancerPony's Coder Application II

Ckey/BYOND Username: MoondancerPony

Position Being Applied For (coder, mapper, spriter): Coder

Past Experiences/Knowledge: I was formerly a dev on Aurora, before I left due for several reasons. I've also contributed to some other codebases, as well as worked on HTML/CSS projects outside of the SS13 community. Also, all the things in my previous app still apply.

Examples of Past Work: https://i.imgur.com/8rjyDNF.png I've made 24 commits to the Aurora codebase, and 18 to Polaris, with a net increase of 1001 lines of code across both SS13 codebases. If you want more specific things, I made hoists and have fixed IPC surgery about two or three times, as well as done a bunch of other miscellaneous bugfixes.

Preferred Mode of Communication (Skype, Steam, etc.): Discord. jade-2562#9602

Additional Comments: I originally left before due to both creative differences in what I thought Aurora should be like and strive towards (compared to where I felt it was headed), as well as an inability to properly handle the responsibilities and hardships of being on the dev team/staff as a whole. It was also due to personal issues and for my own health.

I noted that while Aurora seemed to be turning around and going in a direction I'd like, it would be terrible for me if I had to stay while it went through the long and arduous process of changing to be like that, and so I left.

I think the time has come for me to come back- from what I've seen, I'm pretty happy with how things are going now. Abo's doing a great job as headmin, Skull as head dev, and I feel like I'm at a good place in my life to give it another shot. School is winding down (I have nothing but some AP/IB exams left in this year, really) and I've got a good handle on things.

Sure.

I disagreed with certain controversial PRs- the brain trauma PR, which I admit my concerns about were somewhat misguided, and I didn't like that joke PRs were being made by people wanting to join the dev team. Specifically, that actual code was put in to make said joke PR functional, and that an actual heated discussion came from an obvious joke PR.

However, while these things were too much for me in the short term, at the same time I received wind of long-term changes I'm not really allowed to disclose (if I want to be a dev again and not universally known as a leaker) that made me hopeful about the long-term future of Aurora.

Also the fact that a large portion of the playerbase are particularly tasteless in regards to some jokes and comments, but I'm better at ignoring it now when it happens here. That, coupled with the long-term changes I saw coming, make me hopeful about the future of Aurora and my place in it.

Mkey, it is Tuesday.

When I looked up your activity as you submitted the application, it was quite bad. With only a handful or two connections logged over the past two months. But looking at it now, it has improved. The crux of the application will be that activity, and the relatively short time span in which you've been active again. Basically, you've yet to prove that you won't vanish again over the next, say, two to three weeks from now.

So basically, what'll most likely end up happening is that we'll evaluate you as a contributor for, say a month. This means I'll be expecting at least some contribution over Git, and general activity in code_dungeon and some on the server. If those criteria are fulfilled by the end of April, we can move forward. I'll also get some opinions from the devs in the meme time.

Please lemme know what you think of the proposition, [mention]MoondancerPony[/mention].

• 4 weeks later...