[Resolved] Character Complaint - Shas'kala Sakaei

BYOND Key: FlameCow

Game ID:

bPs-dwE4

bPw-a9hg

Player Byond Key: Hivefleetchicken

Staff involved: 1st time, don't remember. 2nd time, TrickingTrapster

Reason for complaint: Severe breaking of regulations as security officer.

The first incident I had with Sakaei started when we were both security officers. I, Ravi Shah, was grabbing a milkshake in the bar with my fellow officer, Kelly Henderson, when Sakaei entered. He asked the bartender if he could eat Pun Pun, and this warranted a disgusted response from my character. I called him disgusting, and it descended into a minor argument. Nothing serious happened, just called him a nerd. Afterwards, I apologized and all seemed well. Later, when Sekaei was killed and cloned, the shenanigans began again. I saw him eating food from the vending machines and throwing the wrappers on the floor. I called him a mouth breather and walked off. He followed me, just outside of the bridge and in plain view of the captain, to insult my character and threaten him and his family with death. I immediately went to the HOS, Paul Jonson, to make a report. He said he would speak to Sekaei, but something came up in the detective's office. Me and Kelly responded to the scene where we witnessed Sekaei strangling (choke intent) the detective, who seemed to be unarmed and compliant. Kelly entered the room to arrest Sekaei for excessive force, but he pulled out his laser rifle and shot her until she was in critical condition. Michael Prevatt, Paul Jonson, and I all witnessed this. Sekaei seemed to be relieved of all blame for his actions during his psychiatric evaluation, where doctors found that he was improperly cloned. To be honest, I am unsure to the IC and OOC relevance behind this, but it seems to me like an excuse to be crazy.

The second incident I had with Sakaei started in brig. I was playing as Nathan Blaine, and I had just brought a suspected murderer into the security lobby. She was unarmed and compliant. Sekaei rushed into the lobby, drew his .45, and aimed it at her. He discharged his weapon twice, but both bullets missed. I physically put myself between them so he wouldn't shoot her, and he simply told me to get out of his way. He refused to holster his firearm, so I stunned him with my baton and cuffed him. I took him to the warden so he could be processed, but the warden told me to uncuff him. Knowing that he just broke regulation i117, I refused to uncuff him. The warden then uncuffed him, and I followed Sakaei out of processing with my baton. Before I could even get in range to hit him, he drew his .45 and opened fire. I was arrested for assault (even though I did not ever harm anybody, the baton was powered and on green intent the entire time) and Sakaei was let go.

As a bonus, the other round I saw him get slipped on a banana peel, so in return he slipped the other guy on the banana peel via pull intent for the next couple minutes. Kinda funny, but something you'd expect out of low RP, not a high RP security officer.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation?

I did adminhelp during both of these situations and I got a variety of mixed responses. For the first incident, I was told to take it to CCIA. For the second incident, I was told to make a character report. Ultimately, I think a character report is suitable here.

Approximate Date/Time:

7/16/2017 7:00 PM Central

7/18/2017 3:00 AM Central

I can attest to the latter scenario mentioned here, as I was the woman Blaine was arresting. Sakaei was under the impression that I murdered his friend, but I don't think that excuses his actions. A professional officer would do what Blaine was doing, which was make the arrest and permabrig or borg me. A farcry from opening fire in the security lobby.

tenor.gif

The first incident I had with Sakaei started when we were both security officers. I, Ravi Shah, was grabbing a milkshake in the bar with my fellow officer, Kelly Henderson, when Sakaei entered. He asked the bartender if he could eat Pun Pun, and this warranted a disgusted response from my character.

Okay.

I called him disgusting, and it descended into a minor argument. Nothing serious happened, just called him a nerd.

Afterwards, I apologized and all seemed well.

I believe you called me disgusting, lizard, nerd, dork, and I called you babe. Then you, or Kelly, threatened violence against me, trying to provoke me into a standoff, and I laughed it off and left.

Later, when Sekaei was killed and cloned,

I was murdered in space and cloned, yes. I woke up in the medical bay and was told I had an accident. I then went to you to ask what happened, and you said that I killed myself. This both was a lie that threw off the report for about thirty minutes, but also threw my character into deep psychological trauma that ended in him staring at a mirror for 20 minutes, questioning his existence.

The shenanigans began again. I saw him eating food from the vending machines and throwing the wrappers on the floor. I called him a mouth breather and walked off.

You convinced a guy that he had killed himself 5 minutes ago and then when you saw him next you turned to your partner and said "Ew, let's get away from this disgusting mouth breather." This is when I decided enough was enough.

He followed me, just outside of the bridge and in plain view of the captain, to insult my character and threaten him and his family with death.

I believe the exact words were "If you mock me while I'm hearing the details of my own autopsy and suicide one more time, I'll kill you and I'll kill your FUCKING PARENTS", which I agree, was unbecoming of a code green security officer, except for the part where I was a suicide clone being mocked by you.

I immediately went to the HOS, Paul Jonson, to make a report. He said he would speak to Sekaei, but something came up in the detective's office.

Me and the HoS were talking, when we were called to the detectives office. The two detectives had opened fire on each other with lethals, and one was subdued. I put one in a grab while calling for a medical evac so pulling him wouldn't damage him. Admittedly it was an aggressive grab, since I also wanted to be ready to pin him. Then you and Kelly smashed a window with your batons (or tried to), ran in while I was talking into my headset about a possible stretcher, and wordlessly began harm batoning me, as we'll hear about.

Me and Kelly responded to the scene where we witnessed Sekaei strangling (choke intent)

This is a lie, or im bonkers. I am 99% sure I merely had him in an aggressive grab.

the detective, who seemed to be unarmed and compliant.

Yeah cause I made him that way lol pay attention to comms

Kelly entered the room to arrest Sekaei for excessive force,

This is also a lie, or your original character's choice was.

I'm pretty sure in the report to the warden and HoS, you said you did it because I was looking insane and attempting to murder a guy and I was the suspect, but now you tell a story of "we thought he was being excessive" in here. Either way, I was pinning an attempted murderer, and you attacked me for it and lied about the circumstances which hurts my feelings

but he pulled out his laser rifle and shot her until she was in critical condition.

I was taunted by you all round, and there I was, securing an arrest and waiting for a medevac and you, ignoring comms, ignoring the Hos, ignoring me obviously, (attempt to?) break in and wordlessly start spamming the harm baton on me. So I took out something that would send a fucking message, and blasted her with it until she stopped moving in my direction and went in the other one. Then I gave it to you, I believe, and stormed off.

Michael Prevatt, Paul Jonson, and I all witnessed this. Sekaei seemed to be relieved of all blame for his actions during his psychiatric evaluation, where doctors found that he was improperly cloned.

Yes indeed in the full report you were made as the guys in the wrong and maybe that's why you never made an incident report

To be honest, I am unsure to the IC and OOC relevance behind this, but it seems to me like an excuse to be crazy.

You took the jokes too far, you toyed with a religious man saying he killed himself, demolished a murder investigation, taunted him, and then you tried to break his skull with a baton with a ridiculous and also semi-made up excuse, and you or your friend got shot into submission. To me, that sounds like justice, though maybe with both parties needing to cool down.

The second incident I had with Sakaei started in brig. I was playing as Nathan Blaine, and I had just brought a suspected murderer into the security lobby.

You did not call it in.

She was unarmed and compliant.

Also guilty of mass murder.

Sekaei rushed into the lobby, drew his .45, and aimed it at her. He discharged his weapon twice, but both bullets missed.

I fired one reaction shot, accidentally, and it didn't connect. I noticed the error and changed my firing rules so she could move and talk and stuff so an accidental shot didnt happen again. I was aiming for RP reasons.

I physically put myself between them

bad idea

so he wouldn't shoot her, and he simply told me to get out of his way.

Sounds reasonable.

Yes you attacked me instead of cuffing the murderer like I asked. I don't think either of us was particularly in the wrong but I strongly urge you to get a stronger stomach if you're going to play sec.

I took him to the warden so he could be processed, but the warden told me to uncuff him. Knowing that he just broke regulation i117, I refused to uncuff him. The warden then uncuffed him, and I followed Sakaei out of processing with my baton. Before I could even get in range to hit him, he drew his .45 and opened fire.

lol no shit you rushed me with a baton and got shot

I got uncuffed because all I had done legally was, as an officer, point a gun with rubber rounds at a mass murderer and accidentally fire a shot that didn't land anywhere important. However you wanted her off the hook for that reason, insisting I be processed instead of her.

I was arrested for assault (even though I did not ever harm anybody, the baton was powered and on green intent the entire time) and Sakaei was let go.

I don't know why you were arrested but I had no part in it. If I was in charge I would say for the two officers to get over it, but instead what happened was the mass murderer grew a sword arm and started killing people, and I got to run around screaming "I TOLD YOU". I expected them to let you go, and I think they would have, but you kept calling over the radio saying "ARREST X"

"SOMEONE STOP X HES NOT CUFFING SAKAEI"

"DONT UNCUFF HIM"

It was very mutinous and I think that's what got you coined as the bad guy in that scenario.

As a bonus, the other round I saw him get slipped on a banana peel, so in return he slipped the other guy on the banana peel via pull intent for the next couple minutes. Kinda funny, but something you'd expect out of low RP, not a high RP security officer.

I fail to see the point in this.

Overall I think you could use a bit of a stronger stomach. Just last round an officer got attacked by four people with buzz saws, cattle prods, and a lethal dosage of chloral hydrate, and when one lacked cuffs and put one in a neck grab you ran in and declared "Officer take your hands off of her neck!" and shuffled her away gently.

Edited by Guest

The second incident I had with Sakaei started in brig. I was playing as Nathan Blaine, and I had just brought a suspected murderer into the security lobby. She was unarmed and compliant. Sekaei rushed into the lobby, drew his .45, and aimed it at her. He discharged his weapon twice, but both bullets missed. I physically put myself between them so he wouldn't shoot her, and he simply told me to get out of his way. He refused to holster his firearm, so I stunned him with my baton and cuffed him. I took him to the warden so he could be processed, but the warden told me to uncuff him. Knowing that he just broke regulation i117, I refused to uncuff him. The warden then uncuffed him, and I followed Sakaei out of processing with my baton. Before I could even get in range to hit him, he drew his .45 and opened fire. I was arrested for assault (even though I did not ever harm anybody, the baton was powered and on green intent the entire time) and Sakaei was let go.

Im fairly certain i bwoinked the warden here for being really silly. I do not know the specifics of the first situation but as far as this second situation is concerned if the person killed his friend i could understand the reaction. It seems he made an effort to roleplay it.

I can attest to the latter scenario mentioned here, as I was the woman Blaine was arresting. Sakaei was under the impression that I murdered his friend, but I don't think that excuses his actions. A professional officer would do what Blaine was doing, which was make the arrest and permabrig or borg me. A farcry from opening fire in the security lobby.

Sorry but she was stealing sec gear from the checkpoint earlier in the round and I wasn't going to take any chances letting her in without a search and cuffs.

Dude, with the cracking knuckles image and the wording in your post, I feel like you're taking this personally. I don't have anything against you, it's just that almost every time I play with your character, he does some crazy stuff that I feel no security officer should be allowed to get away with.

Our first IC interaction was at the bar, yes, and multiple things provoked my character to insult you. If I remember correctly, you asked to eat Pun Pun, pulled a mouse out of your backpack and ate it, and loudly glugged down your beverage. My character saw that as gross and called you out on it, but the entire encounter seemed like a joke. I called you a nerd and you fake cried and ran off, your pAI was referring to you both as gangsters, it was really weird. I don't even see it as an issue really. I was just giving some context for the events that followed. I'm also pretty sure that I didn't threaten you or provoke violence against you. Maybe I said I'd punch you if you didn't go away?

As for you being murdered in space and cloned, I didn't (OOCly or ICly, and still really don't) know anything about your death. We recovered your body and had it sent to medical. I think at some point on the comms, it was said that either you or the robot (forget his name, IPC) accidentally hit a bomb when shooting something and died? I don't remember ever saying flat out that your character willingly killed himself. I suppose I could have said that, but I don't remember it.

I don't know what you mean when you say that I convinced you that you killed yourself. I don't even remember us having any interaction after your death until you were littering at the vending machine. If I did actually provoke you, that's one thing, and I would concede these points from that encounter. I don't remember doing anything that justifies threatening death on my character and his family. The suicide thing seems to be a strong point in your arguments, but I don't remember my character ever mentioning it or ridiculing you for it. My character didn't insult your character for simply being there, either, he called him a mouth breather for littering on the floor as a security officer and right in front of two other security officers.

Me and the HoS were talking, when we were called to the detectives office. The two detectives had opened fire on each other with lethals, and one was subdued. I put one in a grab while calling for a medical evac so pulling him wouldn't damage him. Admittedly it was an aggressive grab, since I also wanted to be ready to pin him. Then you and Kelly smashed a window with your batons (or tried to), ran in while I was talking into my headset about a possible stretcher, and wordlessly began harm batoning me, as we'll hear about.

I didn't even get into the room until Kelly was already inside. I remember specifically not doing anything because I was unsure of what was happening, and I believe I was only able to get inside and subdue you after Kelly was shot. I don't know whether or not she harm-batoned you, but I am sure I didn't. I don't use harm baton on this server unless I am fighting something "non-humanoid" (giant spiders, etc.) or a confirmed hostile antagonist.

I'm pretty sure in the report to the warden and HoS, you said you did it because I was looking insane and attempting to murder a guy and I was the suspect, but now you tell a story of "we thought he was being excessive" in here. Either way, I was pinning an attempted murderer, and you attacked me for it and lied about the circumstances which hurts my feelings

We didn't lie about the circumstances, dude. We saw you choking/strangling/aggressive grabbing the detective, who was injured, and Kelly reacted. You shot her with a laser gun and that is where the attempted murder thing comes in.

In your next reply, you say that we were found to be in the wrong during the investigation, but this isn't even true. Your character was evaluated and was put on paid leave (or something similar) until his cloning impurities could be fixed. HOS Paul Jonson held a meeting at the end of the round and told us all of this in the briefing room.

For the things you addressed in the next report: I did call in over radio that I had Anabelle Sovro. I am pretty sure I said it multiple times. They said to arrest the CMO and I said that I have her with me and I'm heading to sec lobby. Unless I'm an idiot or reading the logs wrong (very possible), you discharged your firearm twice before I stunned you. There is no reason to handcuff a compliant and unarmed suspect who has not resisted. Using force on somebody who is compliant, unarmed, and not resisting is a violation of regulation i117:

Using force against an unarmed and compliant suspect, and usage of lethal weapons in a non-lethal situation.

I got uncuffed because all I had done legally was, as an officer, point a gun with rubber rounds at a mass murderer and accidentally fire a shot that didn't land anywhere important. However you wanted her off the hook for that reason, insisting I be processed instead of her.

Dude, I didn't care at all about Sovro's arrest. An officer witnessing a crime is enough to make an arrest. I did not want her to be free, and I was not campaigning for her to be released. I was trying to get you arrested for aiming and firing your gun at a compliant, unarmed suspect. It is a direction violation of the regulations regardless of whether or not she was guilty. You then go on to say that she grew a sword arm and started killing people, but that didn't happen (as far as I know) until way after I was already out of custody. I was handcuffed for like twenty minutes, and I specifically wasn't calling over radio or responding much IC because I was talking to an administrator.

Overall I think you could use a bit of a stronger stomach. Just last round an officer got attacked by four people with buzz saws, cattle prods, and a lethal dosage of chloral hydrate, and when one lacked cuffs and put one in a neck grab you ran in and declared "Officer take your hands off of her neck!" and shuffled her away gently.

This is mostly about the regulations and the "proper" way to play security. There are regulations specifically in place for using force to detain suspects who are complying. Why should an officer be allowed to break regulations and go unpunished?

Considering confirmation bias and the fact that we both disagree with each other on what exactly happened, I think admin logs are the only way this is going to be settled at all. Thankfully, I have both of the round IDs in the OP. I genuinely believe that I am being truthful, but if I had done something that justifies your character's actions, then I'm sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Dude, with the cracking knuckles image and the wording in your post, I feel like you're taking this personally.

Nah man im just a fast typer and cracking my knuckles is poetic imagery haha

Our first IC interaction was at the bar, yes, and multiple things provoked my character to insult you.

Lets hear em bro

you asked to eat Pun Pun,

Definitely true

pulled a mouse out of your backpack and ate it,

Nope

and loudly glugged down your beverage.

True

My character saw that as gross and called you out on it,

With some racial prejudice thrown in, as well as one of you questioning why i even have a job. But i thought it was a funny talk nonetheless.

But the entire encounter seemed like a joke. I called you a nerd and you fake cried and ran off, your pAI was referring to you both as gangsters, it was really weird. I don't even see it as an issue really.

Thats fine. I thought we were having fun too. I dont get the "this isnt high rp stuff but low rp stuff" banana clause but i thought you might be using the same argument here.

I was just giving some context for the events that followed. I'm also pretty sure that I didn't threaten you or provoke violence against you. Maybe I said I'd punch you if you didn't go away?

Youre gonna have to forgive me for like half of the perspective errors you bring up throughout this complaint.

In my writing I managed to refer to both Kelly AND Ivan as you, when you were really just Ivan. Kelly was the one who threatened me, I believe it was cause I called her babe. Wasnt a big threat, but it was enough to turn the light hearted play bullying environment into a "Hey watch it yoi dickfuck lizard or ill beat your ass"

As for you being murdered in space and cloned, I didn't (OOCly or ICly, and still really don't) know anything about your death. We recovered your body and had it sent to medical. I think at some point on the comms, it was said that either you or the robot (forget his name, IPC) accidentally hit a bomb when shooting something and died? I don't remember ever saying flat out that your character willingly killed himself. I suppose I could have said that, but I don't remember it.

I asked you what happened, you said I died. I later asked how, you said I went and blew myself up. I dont know what ended up happening but i assumed you stuck to your story enough because all of a sudden the investigators werent listening to be about what happened and i suspected you had told them a different story; one more suicidal.

I don't know what you mean when you say that I convinced you that you killed yourself. I don't even remember us having any interaction after your death until you were littering at the vending machine.

Like I said, you told me I blew myself up, nothing about the robot or space, just that I was dead and I did it myself.

It was a pretty fucked thing to say to someone.

If I did actually provoke you, that's one thing, and I would concede these points from that encounter. I don't remember doing anything that justifies threatening death on my character and his family.

Being a scared suicidal fresh clone is what.

The suicide thing seems to be a strong point in your arguments, but I don't remember my character ever mentioning it or ridiculing you for it. My character didn't insult your character for simply being there, either, he called him a mouth breather for littering on the floor as a security officer and right in front of two other security officers.

It was a strong point that entire round, far past your involvement in spreading it. I was planning to off myself at the first occasion until the HoS caught me in the holodeck and we went to forensics.

Im not sure that was really the ethos behind it, I think you just wanted to mock him. But if you say so, ill believe you.

I didn't even get into the room until Kelly was already inside. I remember specifically not doing anything because I was unsure of what was happening, and I believe I was only able to get inside and subdue you after Kelly was shot. I don't know whether or not she harm-batoned you, but I am sure I didn't. I don't use harm baton on this server unless I am fighting something "non-humanoid" (giant spiders, etc.) or a confirmed hostile antagonist.

Like I said, Im semi-miscorrect in that I said "YOU" rather than discerning Kelly from Ivan. Ivan did very little, almost nothint, through this entire encounter. He didnt even manage to arrest me cause i stormed off once Kelly was no longer a threat.

We didn't lie about the circumstances, dude. We saw you choking/strangling/aggressive grabbing the detective, who was injured, and Kelly reacted. You shot her with a laser gun and that is where the attempted murder thing comes in.

Well you cant be telling the truth there because a choking grab and an aggressive grab are two different things. The guy, who was injured, also happened to be an attempted murderer at the time.

In your next reply, you say that we were found to be in the wrong during the investigation, but this isn't even true. Your character was evaluated and was put on paid leave (or something similar) until his cloning impurities could be fixed. HOS Paul Jonson held a meeting at the end of the round and told us all of this in the briefing room.

Haha sorry man just a little taunt to wake you up. Youre probably right.

For the things you addressed in the next report: I did call in over radio that I had Anabelle Sovro. I am pretty sure I said it multiple times. They said to arrest the CMO and I said that I have her with me and I'm heading to sec lobby. Unless I'm an idiot or reading the logs wrong (very possible), you discharged your firearm twice before I stunned you. There is no reason to handcuff a compliant and unarmed suspect who has not resisted. Using force on somebody who is compliant, unarmed, and not resisting is a violation of regulation i117:
Using force against an unarmed and compliant suspect, and usage of lethal weapons in a non-lethal situation.
The problem was that she was armed. She was carrying MacBride's security gear, or sec gear from the checkpoint, and we knew about it.

As for the radio, there must have been something seriously wrong with it l9l cause all i saw was Blackwell screaming "SOMEONE STOP SOVNO ALREADY" on end for 2 minutes straight haha

Dude, I didn't care at all about Sovro's arrest. An officer witnessing a crime is enough to make an arrest. I did not want her to be free, and I was not campaigning for her to be released. I was trying to get you arrested for aiming and firing your gun at a compliant, unarmed suspect. It is a direction violation of the regulations regardless of whether or not she was guilty. You then go on to say that she grew a sword arm and started killing people, but that didn't happen (as far as I know) until way after I was already out of custody. I was handcuffed for like twenty minutes, and I specifically wasn't calling over radio or responding much IC because I was talking to an administrator.

We knew she was a murderer because it was announced on comms numerous times. Sure she wasnt hostile YET, but she was a murderer.

Sorry you got cuffed for so long

This is mostly about the regulations and the "proper" way to play security. There are regulations specifically in place for using force to detain suspects who are complying. Why should an officer be allowed to break regulations and go unpunished?

Same reason you see corrupt ert leads breaking syndicate fingers on the shuttles to get answers. This game is made up of more than one trope of officer and some will take certain libertues with corporate guidlines as long as its not too extreme.

Considering confirmation bias and the fact that we both disagree with each other on what exactly happened, I think admin logs are the only way this is going to be settled at all. Thankfully, I have both of the round IDs in the OP. I genuinely believe that I am being truthful, but if I had done something that justifies your character's actions, then I'm sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Im sure youre not trying to lie, and in many cases you arent lying at all. But i dont think your perspective is as accurate as the one i remember.

Yeah, I never arrested you because I went right to the HOS to talk to him about it. He knew that there was already an existing issue between us, and typically it doesn't play out well to try to arrest another officer (see the second part of the OP) without consulting the HOS.

Also, I try to follow the regulations as strictly as possible. The wiki's guide for security and the regulations mention that you should only handcuff somebody if they're not compliant or if they're resisting. We were also in the security lobby at the time, so I wasn't exactly fearful for my life, and I'm not sure you should have been either.

But yeah dude, ultimately I don't know what will come of this report. I don't necessarily want you banned or anything. I suppose this would be more fitting in the CCIA section, but I was told that you can't file reports for things related to antagonists, and example #2 is directly related to an antagonist. I guess I just want you to follow regulations more closely. I could do with some work myself, too. Obviously wasn't very professional when we had our encounter in the bar and I was Ravi.

as im trackin this it seems to me hive has a reasonable explanation for his actions? Its a touchy subject sometimes when you talk about security breaking regulations. I dont expect security to be 100% pristine but at the same time you're not a thug off the street.

I called you a nerd and you fake cried and ran off, your pAI was referring to you both as gangsters, it was really weird.

Hi, pAI here. I remember this whole session, and it was quite funny from my limited point of view. If I recall correctly, my supplementary directives were something along the lines of "be the most gansta motherfucker on station, back up your master no matter what (not in a gay way)" and so forth. Gangsta speak really isn't my forté so I'm glad I got that across okay.

I can see the points from both sides here. From what I can tell, Sakaei as a character is an absolute mental mess, which was fun to deal with when he was having his little breakdowns. But, yeah, I only got one side of the story and it was actually roleplayed out quite well from where I was sitting, the sillier bits aside.

It makes sense that this is more of an IC issue in regards to breaking security regulations. As I said above, I don't think Sakaei should be banned or anything, but I was told to take these to the character/player complaints because they both involve breaking character/server canon (cloning, and the 2nd one involves an antagonist). I'm not sure where to take it or what to do from here, but I'm glad we had a discussion!

Youre gonna have to forgive me for the way i responded, even if it did get cleared up already. It's rare people make complaints to discuss things and a lot of the time instead it's just "please get this fuck outta my sight". Admittedly I've had a complaint up recently with the reasoning for it literally being "I dont want to see this player here anymore" lol so its not like I'm a saint.

I do see this as an IC issue, and both of your examples were incidents when the general order of things had collapsed, at least in my own world they had. I will admit when people are dropping dead I like it to have the most possible impact on my character since "oh no he died but we'll clone him" has always been a really upsetting and obnoxious way to look at tragedy.

I get being deadpan about it like Ivan was to my character, i.e. "you died, guess you blew yourself up" (or whatever the exact wording was), but that's going to have a different impact on a different kind of person like my Unathi who was really just in a constant state of "o-oh" for the rest of the round.

My character acting with some vigilantism in his behavior is not a rare occurrence but I usually ahelp before doing something that's based on emotion and passion.

He's more than just a cop, he's a guy with feelings and his own idea of justice that he sometimes gets wrong, intentionally, due to his flaws as a person and the stress placed on him.

While shooting at the CMO was indeed an accident, my big bravado of "GET OUTTA MY WAY IM BRINGIN THIS BITCH IN" was not. Maybe my characters are too unhinged, but I find bringing in the murderer of my partner on the force peacefully and sittin' her down and letting her know I wanna' ask her some questions over donuts kind of unrealistic. In a real-life scenario I would be BEGGING for the person who slaughtered my partner in cold blood an excuse to let me pop one off while we're having a standoff. So would my character.

Also Kelly is just a bitch

I would like to point out that a security officer holding a suspect in a grab is not excessive force unless the grab is red AND glowing and fading, which indicates chocking them, while stable red merely has them disabled.

sometimes the suspect is not cuffable or they may have just subdued them and were about to put the cuffs on.

Forgive me for taking so long to notice this complaint and the incidents it was based around. For clarity's sake, I'll mention that one of these situations has actually already become the subject of one of the CCIA Incident Reports. Since there appears to be some uncertainty as to whether this should remain an OOC issue or be turned over to us, I'll speak with our admin liaison later this evening and try to get this worked out. We don't tend to double down on action IC and OOC, so one will most likely need to be turned over.

• 2 weeks later...

We've discussed this complaint a few times so far and are generally of the mind this is more fitting to be dealt with in an in-character manner as opposed to an out-of-character manner. There's already an incident report pertaining to this behavior that is being investigated by the Duty Officers. We generally pick between an IC method to resolve it or to deal with it OOC'ly, never both.

After reading this complaint and the comments as well, and seeing that the person that made this topic has no qualms of it being dealt in-character by the DO's, I'm going to consider this complaint resolved pending the completion of the Incident Report. I'm going to keep this thread open for 24 more hours in the event there's further discussion or anything else brought to light. I'd also like to apologize for the delay on this.