Reminder Regarding "Character" Complaints

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Several times over my tenure as Loremaster, I've had to hear second-hand about characters that are failing the expectations of their whitelists. Bizarre backstories that conflict with the lore, excessive qualifications inconsistent with the realism of the setting, Tajarans with boobs, or general mis-use of alien whitelists to create a snowflake or otherwise grating character that doesn't have any good intentions behind it.

I had a discussion with Doomburg and Soundscopes, and am making this thread with their graces to remind our community that I encourage you - and am now pleading you - to make character complaints on these people. My philosophy is one of giving the benefit of the doubt, but I have no patience for someone taking advantage of my leniency. And I know none of the writers that oversee their respective race whitelists have much patience for someone failing to act as expected or acting as if the lore doesn't matter.

If you see a character breaking conventions or if you feel it otherwise violates a whitelist, make a character complaint here. It doesn't have to be a huge confrontation or stand-off. Name the character, explain what about them makes you feel they're failing a whitelist, and allow a dialogue to be established between the responsible member of the lore team and the offending party.

I can't and refuse to act on complaints sent over to me on Skype. There's no accountability there.

So again, if you want something done about bad characters, bring it up here.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Several times over my tenure as Loremaster, I've had to hear second-hand about characters that are failing the expectations of their whitelists. Bizarre backstories that conflict with the lore, excessive qualifications inconsistent with the realism of the setting, Tajarans with boobs, or general mis-use of alien whitelists to create a snowflake or otherwise grating character that doesn't have any good intentions behind it.

I had a discussion with Doomburg and Soundscopes, and am making this thread with their graces to remind our community that I encourage you - and am now pleading you - to make character complaints on these people. My philosophy is one of giving the benefit of the doubt, but I have no patience for someone taking advantage of my leniency. And I know none of the writers that oversee their respective race whitelists have much patience for someone failing to act as expected or acting as if the lore doesn't matter.

If you see a character breaking conventions or if you feel it otherwise violates a whitelist, make a character complaint here. It doesn't have to be a huge confrontation or stand-off. Name the character, explain what about them makes you feel they're failing a whitelist, and allow a dialogue to be established between the responsible member of the lore team and the offending party.

I can't and refuse to act on complaints sent over to me on Skype. There's no accountability there.

So again, if you want something done about bad characters, bring it up here.