[Resolved] DasFox revhead complaint

BYOND Key: sdtwbaj

Game ID: bRS-aoTh

Player Byond Key: DasFox

Staff involved: none

Reason for complaint: DasFox apparently forgot that he was a team antag, and decided to send a random rev announcement that most of aooc didn't appear to agree with. He decided that, since apparently we were taking too long and he didn't want to contribute to making a coherent story, he'd send a generic 'terminate all xenos' announcement. That isn't the direction we were going, nor were we particularly far off from having an actual plot. It was a giant middle finger to the rest of the revs, as well as the loyalists, to just spring up a lolannouncement like that.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No, there was a bit of discussion in AOOC, but we went with it.

Approximate Date/Time: dec 10 2017, around 20-40 minutes into the round.

As a CCIA who was online and handled a FAX regarding the announcement, I should note, the announcement certainly caused a spur in Revolutionary strength. By getting all the Revolutionaries to storm Security and murder the ISD in cold-blood, with Mining hardsuits, Phoron pistols, and telebatons. Against unaware Officers with tasers.

I shouldn't say too much, but the general consensus was that the announcement was off, and previous orders seen as acceptable. This was confirmed when the CCIA who responded to the FAX (Myself, with Whiterabit's oversight) declined the order.

I was a latejoining Quartermaster and converted rev. For context, the OP was the Captain and a head loyalist. I cannot comment on the AOOC discussion at roundstart, but I can comment on the effect of this announcement. I read the announcement history when I latejoined and there was a rich history of several announcements related to this plot: rev-related, command-related and CCIAA-related. There was also a compelling discussion to be had ICly. I was also there for the bumrush of security (though took a more non-lethal approach), that didn't happen until about the 1:45/2:00 mark in the round, after things had gone back and forth a bit. Overall, it was a fun round.

As a traitor this round, I was able to see AOOC, and the announcement did come out of nowhere. Everyone seemed to want a round that was more than "fuck xenos, lol" and were collaborating to coin up a fancy new gimmick, when the announcement came seemingly out of nowhere, ordering the termination of all non humans. It wasnt really fair to anyone else and it turned the round into something that wasn't really fun for everyone.

I was a latejoining Quartermaster and converted rev. For context, the OP was the Captain and a head loyalist. I cannot comment on the AOOC discussion at roundstart, but I can comment on the effect of this announcement. I read the announcement history when I latejoined and there was a rich history of several announcements related to this plot: rev-related, command-related and CCIAA-related. There was also a compelling discussion to be had ICly. I was also there for the bumrush of security (though took a more non-lethal approach), that didn't happen until about the 1:45/2:00 mark in the round, after things had gone back and forth a bit. Overall, it was a fun round.

Just for clarification, you personally may have taken a non-lethal approach, but the HoP and other Tajara that was with them went full on lethal force - not that there was anything wrong with it going down that way, they went around hunting security down

I'm commenting on this to defend myself from asinine claims.

Before and after, yes. I had to Cryo as a chef, and the other Headrev didn't want it. Two randoms were picked, which were wanting something like 'hey equal pay for all', not much rev support. Its a capitalist corporation and that makes absolutely no sense, and if anything would just be classed off as a social experiment without any real effects.

When I was Headrev'd, I was listening to AOOC and decided to state that I had an idea, and was going to do it. My other headrev was *Fine with me doing this.* It was just the Loyalist and Traitors that were upset. Not to mention SDT's attempt to completely nullify the conflict by posting an announcement where he immediately said an assistant was on the bridge of the Odin and posted an announcement.

[mention]CampinKiller[/mention] Beyond your current post, no. I did not go full lethal. I attempted to incapacitate the HOP with a telebaton, Dermal Armor Patch was too OP. I was quickly incapacitated by stuns. If anything, yell at Faysal for the immediate attempt at lethals, as he barged in with the Captain's laser pistol. I don't see how this is a problem OOCly.

All in all, you may not agree with what I did. However, it caused conflict for the round and ended with a lot of people enjoying said round. Your complaint against me feels biased, as I've had issues with you in the past as captain.

As a Research Director and Head Revolutionary, I had no problems with DasFox's announcement and was able to use this escalation toward to my advantage, though I supported the announcement. I should say that this was not a middle finger to me. Ironically, revolutionaries are the one giving middle fingers to NanoTrasen. In the end, the majority of people had fun. I do recall Alberyk being involved in this discussion as sdwtbaj attempted to cuck the announcement by going along the lines, saying, "Oh. Sorry. We had a racist assistant on the comms. My bad. Please ignore the sounds of us beating the racist." This certain announcement was omitted by Alberyk. Everyone joined in on the announcements which later in the end, "Kill all xenos". Because of the chaos that was occurring, I was able to take advantage of this and establish my respect and command in my research department. I like to say that DasFox did a good job of sparking a revolution. The loyalists hardly converted anyone and had only Captain and perhaps Head of Security himself. Many people have enjoyed the round.

This complaint is just a complaint that DasFox went to a route that OP didn't like and wanted to go through a different route regarding equal pay for all that hardly have any effect on people in the round. I do not believe that DasFox has crossed the line of OOC rule-breaking but he sure as hell caused us a headache ICly, it was interesting chaos.

EDIT: The two loyalists just sat around and did nothing to build an "army" while the revolutionary were building gigantic army.

There's really no complete obligation for different antagonist teams to be on the same page. It's encouraged if it's going to result in a fun and exciting narrative for the crew.

Based on what I see here, the round was quite hectic and at times confusing, but I'm find it hard to find anything against the rules here or even in their spirit?

• 2 weeks later...