[Resolved] Staff Complaint - Delta/Scheveningen

BYOND Key: CommanderXor

Staff BYOND Key: Scheveningen

Game ID: bNQ-dHTe

Reason for complaint: Bias/favouritism. It's no secret that me and Delta are not on good terms, considering the incidents we've had in ahelps and such in the past. But this entire situation is a god damn joke. It was a merc round and I rolled merc. We mess up and half of us ended up getting spaced. Fast forward, two of us (Not myself.) Broke in to cargo and disposals. From radio chatter, cargo straight up tried to charge us with riot shields even though we didn't do a single thing at that point. AI locks down cargo, security responds and murders one of us, yadda yadda. Two or so of us are still in space. I finally get to the station and make my way in to the locker room. I start talking on to the intercom about religion, the holy Emperor, ecetra. Two officers charge in and take aim at me. I use a smoke grenade and energy netting to try and stop them. Netting is useless and they keep firing. So I open fire and blast open a tank and killed one, downing the other. While standing around and recharging my weapons. The CE enters and straight up starts shooting at me with an SMG he looted from a dead merc. Purely because I was there. I return fire and he runs off. Then the HoS comes. Engaging me, I have to open fire. The CE then COMES BACK and hits me with a plasma welder, trying to kill me. I kill the CE and end up dying. So I ahelp that the CE is valid-hunting. Delta responds to my report. I ask why the CE took a SMG and shot me in dsay, rather angrily, I know. He complains of Salt. I am then muted from Dsay, I ask for a different 'min to handle the situation, since I know Delta does not like me, and I believe it would result in biasm. He kept saying it wasn't valid-hunting because the CE has a military/naval background and he was 'just trying to help'. I believe this is a utter failure in policy and honestly, I believe it is bias against me given previous conflicts.

Evidence/logs/etc: https://pastebin.com/U5P39ZvN

Additional remarks: The above are logs from the ENTIRE round.

Oh boy, this was a unformated nightmare to go through. BUT I was the HoS so I will place my side of what happened. Soooooo leeets- get straaaaight into the poooost!

cargo straight up tried to charge us with riot shields even though we didn't do a single thing at that point.

Yeah, this was fishy for me. I told those nerds to send the shields to security, not use them.

security responds and murders one of us

That dude panicked and shot at the sec officers, the two liggers dieing made it valid to code red and lethal.

The CE enters and straight up starts shooting at me with an SMG he looted from a dead merc

I am going to correct you here. I looted the merc and when I was coming back after being sucked passed a fire lock when shooting at you, ended up being sucked again. The CE picked up the gun I was holding, fired some shots, then when I got back up, threw the gun back at me to hunt you down again. The CE did not loot a merc body, I looted the bodies. (I was also like one of the EVA capable sec people to hunt you down. The CE was not valid hunting, he was running around trying to fix breaches you all caused and happened to fire a couple of shots into the hostile merc team with my gun. Keep in mind the mercs killed two of my officers when they tried to talk and ask what you want. Negotiations kinda failed when your team shot at them. I was getting heavy injured and the CE decently saved me from dieing right away in that fight because I was alone and forced to hunt antags. (I was being outgunned. I still died though inside medical)

Anyway, my POV from what happened.

I am going to correct you here. I looted the merc and when I was coming back after being sucked passed a fire lock when shooting at you, ended up being sucked again. The CE picked up the gun I was holding, fired some shots, then when I got back up, threw the gun back at me to hunt you down again. The CE did not loot a merc body, I looted the bodies. (I was also like one of the EVA capable sec people to hunt you down. The CE was not valid hunting, he was running around trying to fix breaches you all caused and happened to fire a couple of shots into the hostile merc team with my gun. Keep in mind the mercs killed two of my officers when they tried to talk and ask what you want. Negotiations kinda failed when your team shot at them. I was getting heavy injured and the CE decently saved me from dieing right away in that fight because I was alone and forced to hunt antags. (I was being outgunned. I still died though inside medical)

Anyway, my POV from what happened.

From my perspective it looked like the CE had walked in with a gun since he walked in through the airlock. But alright. What about when he decided to come back behind me and try to murder me with a plasma welder? That looked like validhunting to me. I had /tried/ to use non-lethal means with the energy netting but opted for the assault rifle/chainsword when you guys were able to just one-tab resist from it.

From my perspective it looked like the CE had walked in with a gun since he walked in through the airlock. But alright. What about when he decided to come back behind me and try to murder me with a plasma welder? That looked like validhunting to me. I had /tried/ to use non-lethal means with the energy netting but opted for the assault rifle/chainsword when you guys were able to just one-tab resist from it.

Like I said, security was more or less dead and I was forced to start fighting. I was alone, the CE was around when I was killing you. I was netted, and outarmored. My hand broke so I could not hold the shield. I believe he tried to assist me in killing you. You all where already a shoot on sight, I tried to aim my gun at you and gave you a chance to surrender.

The worst thing someone can do when they're being attacked by a griefer is to fight back. This makes a very obvious OOC issue into an IC one as it makes it more difficult for staff members to properly discern whether the conflict was a result of RP or completely random, and we're fully capable in this circumstance of reverting any damage dealt so the round can proceed as normal without grief.

And for instance, in the case of you complaining about validhunting and proclaiming the CE was out to get you for valids (in spite of the fact that an evaluation of whether the security team's members were up or down wasn't undertaken), you responded by tunneling your vision on the CE to chainsword them after the combat began. They of course died, as the chainsword has 35 brute damage, it breaks bones and doles out internal bleeding. They were effectively dead on the fourth attack, but you attacked them a total of 12 times.

The HoS engaged you two minutes prior to the confrontation with both of the heads of staff versus yourself, alone. You didn't put up much of a fight versus the one person dealing out the most damage to you.

unknown.png

Not pictured: the 10 other chainswording logs of the chief engineer before the HOS shot you as you were exposed to an attack from behind, whilst angrily chainswording the CE beyond what was really necessary.

What did you honestly expect me or any other staff member to do?

You retaliated in IC over what was an IC issue, though you insisted you were being validhunted even though your team managed to take out two active security officers and hospitalize both of them. There was already prior escalation for the crew to be justified in being completely hostile to you, because you're on their home turf shooting anything in sight.

For a half hour prior to this final fight you and the rest of the antagonists on the mercenary team were complaining about validhunting without bothering to adminhelp once. We're not omniscient. If you don't complain using the proper channels then don't expect us to do anything. Under normal circumstances we don't intervene, and we're certainly not going to go out of our way to punish people just because the antags complained enough in AOOC or Deadchat. It is not how it works. It's not our fault one of your mercenaries got lost in space because they didn't bother to read a guide on how to use a jetpack, not our fault the other mercenaries didn't bother to communicate with their own team, and it is not our fault that the security team does its job to protect the station and the crew by removing terroristic threats from the premises. And if security is disabled, don't be surprised when the crew begins to defend their own home turf.

My decision was made as soon as you retaliated against the CE after making the complaint in an adminhelp. You made an hypothetical OOC issue into an IC one by responding to it in an IC fashion. I'm not obligated nor expected to disrupt roleplay events as staff to change the narrative of the round. The philosophy is to keep the round going as organically as possible without unnecessary administrator intervention; provided grief or excessive non-sensical RP breaking happens.

and we're fully capable in this circumstance of reverting any damage dealt so the round can proceed as normal without grief.

I'm going to counter that by quoting a statement I've been given by Garnascus in the past:

We don't undo deaths and injury for any reason
The worst thing someone can do when they're being attacked by a griefer is to fight back. This makes a very obvious OOC issue into an IC one as it makes it more difficult for staff members to properly discern whether the conflict was a result of RP or completely random, and we're fully capable in this circumstance of reverting any damage dealt so the round can proceed as normal without grief.

And for instance, in the case of you complaining about validhunting and proclaiming the CE was out to get you for valids (in spite of the fact that an evaluation of whether the security team's members were up or down wasn't undertaken), you responded by tunneling your vision on the CE to chainsword them after the combat began. They of course died, as the chainsword has 35 brute damage, it breaks bones and doles out internal bleeding. They were effectively dead on the fourth attack, but you attacked them a total of 12 times.

The HoS engaged you two minutes prior to the confrontation with both of the heads of staff versus yourself, alone. You didn't put up much of a fight versus the one person dealing out the most damage to you.

unknown.png

Not pictured: the 10 other chainswording logs of the chief engineer before the HOS shot you as you were exposed to an attack from behind, whilst angrily chainswording the CE beyond what was really necessary.

What did you honestly expect me or any other staff member to do?

You retaliated in IC over what was an IC issue, though you insisted you were being validhunted even though your team managed to take out two active security officers and hospitalize both of them. There was already prior escalation for the crew to be justified in being completely hostile to you, because you're on their home turf shooting anything in sight.

For a half hour prior to this final fight you and the rest of the antagonists on the mercenary team were complaining about validhunting without bothering to adminhelp once. We're not omniscient. If you don't complain using the proper channels then don't expect us to do anything. Under normal circumstances we don't intervene, and we're certainly not going to go out of our way to punish people just because the antags complained enough in AOOC or Deadchat. It is not how it works. It's not our fault one of your mercenaries got lost in space because they didn't bother to read a guide on how to use a jetpack, not our fault the other mercenaries didn't bother to communicate with their own team, and it is not our fault that the security team does its job to protect the station and the crew by removing terroristic threats from the premises. And if security is disabled, don't be surprised when the crew begins to defend their own home turf.

My decision was made as soon as you retaliated against the CE after making the complaint in an adminhelp. You made an hypothetical OOC issue into an IC one by responding to it in an IC fashion. I'm not obligated nor expected to disrupt roleplay events as staff to change the narrative of the round. The philosophy is to keep the round going as organically as possible without unnecessary administrator intervention; provided grief or excessive non-sensical RP breaking happens.

You say that as soon as I returned fire, it became an IC issue. No, I was defending myself because the CE decided to grab a weapon off the Head of Security and shoot at me. Are you honestly suggesting I stand there and let him kill me instead of fighting back? He tried to validhunt me and murder me, I stopped him. As Sierra said, staff do not offer revives, regardless of the situation. Even when I was ganked as a antag while SSD, I was told they could not revive me. So when I was being attacked, it was either disable/murder him and let staff handle it, and maybe stay in the round, or, die, and let staff handle it, which neither happened. He died, but I still died. You didn't do anything. You declared it 'valid'. Even though he purposefully picked up a weapon to kill me, and even after being beaten back he came back a second time to try and kill me.

and we're fully capable in this circumstance of reverting any damage dealt so the round can proceed as normal without grief.

I'm going to counter that by quoting a statement I've been given by Garnascus in the past:

Probably taken directly out of context. The conversation that it was undertaken in did not take into consideration that there are situations that would mandate a person's revival, e.g., if being subject to grief.

I either mispoke or i said that before i changed my mind on that stance. I am not sure which but i do know we do fix damage and death from cases of grief. I will be pretty liberal in retconning mistakes of certain situations. Such as xenobiologists getting eaten or a toxins researcher opening a plasma valve. Anyway onto the actual complaint. I really feel like this situation is all IC. It is a little unreasonable to expect all non-sec to never fight you unless you are both locked in a room or something. Plus those logs are pretty remarkable, the CE got turned into hamburger meat for it /shrug .

I either mispoke or i said that before i changed my mind on that stance. I am not sure which but i do know we do fix damage and death from cases of grief. I will be pretty liberal in retconning mistakes of certain situations. Such as xenobiologists getting eaten or a toxins researcher opening a plasma valve. Anyway onto the actual complaint. I really feel like this situation is all IC. It is a little unreasonable to expect all non-sec to never fight you unless you are both locked in a room or something. Plus those logs are pretty remarkable, the CE got turned into hamburger meat for it /shrug .

But are we ignoring the fact that the Chief Engineer decided, instead of doing his job, and staying safe, that he would rather try and flank a heavily armed man, armed with a /chainsaw/ and a assault rifle, to try and kill them with a welding tool? It utterly breaks the character believability rule. He basically went head long in to a 100% guaranteed suicide attack. He paid for his life with it, indeed. But the fact is he still didn't value his life at all, opting to charge at a man armed to the teeth with heavy weapons and heavy armour.

I've reviewed these logs and as an active participant of this round as well, I could safety say that in my opinion this engagement is something I deem as valid. The Chief Engineer as a command member and a member of Engineering knew to the full extent of what is going on, from the incident in cargo to you only recently blowing a hole the locker room and the death of crew members, two of whom were members of security as well. You were seen as a dangerous and very hostile threat, and personally had I seen a gun in front of me, you close by and my characters happen to have possessed the mettle to fight instead of flight, I would've have most likely done the same in this situation.

The Chief Engineer was not out there hunting you down, he was walking around fixing things, that he stumbled upon this was accidental at best. I see this as a purely IC issue, he shot a person that was in the same group of people that have caused death and destruction, he passed the gun back to the HoS as he didn't have the intent to go full out, and the end result was ultimetly his death, as a result of his actions.

I've reviewed these logs and as an active participant of this round as well, I could safety say that in my opinion this engagement is something I deem as valid. The Chief Engineer as a command member and a member of Engineering knew to the full extent of what is going on, from the incident in cargo to you only recently blowing a hole the locker room and the death of crew members, two of whom were members of security as well. You were seen as a dangerous and very hostile threat, and personally had I seen a gun in front of me, you close by and my characters happen to have possessed the mettle to fight instead of flight, I would've have most likely done the same in this situation.

The Chief Engineer was not out there hunting you down, he was walking around fixing things, that he stumbled upon this was accidental at best. I see this as a purely IC issue, he shot a person that was in the same group of people that have caused death and destruction, he passed the gun back to the HoS as he didn't have the intent to go full out, and the end result was ultimetly his death, as a result of his actions.

So you're telling me, if I have a background with something similar to his, I would be allowed to break the validhunting rules and chase down an antag? Because that is what he did, hear me out.

You tell me he stumbled upon me accidentally. The first time, yes. I can agree that really wasn't valid hunting since he arrived on the scene and was startled. But the second time was purely out to kill me. He flanked around through a tunnel to appear at my back, and as you can see by logs, he came up behind me and tried to kill me. This was when he threw away his weapon and was unarmed, besides a plasma cutter. The first time was okay, the second time, where he threw away any sense of believability just to charge head long in from behind to try and kill the antag. That second time, is validhunting.

I'd like to also bring up the fact that Delta is getting more and more rude to people. In previous threads he has gone so far as been passive aggressive, like the Hunter thread where he decided to post a 'meme' picture, in what looked like a attempt to ridicule him. Then there is passive aggressive stuff ingame, like this, that was over a joke.

14e0e563bfb8b3f0f65678450437ce5b.png

So you're telling me, if I have a background with something similar to his, I would be allowed to break the validhunting rules and chase down an antag? Because that is what he did, hear me out.

You tell me he stumbled upon me accidentally. The first time, yes. I can agree that really wasn't valid hunting since he arrived on the scene and was startled. But the second time was purely out to kill me. He flanked around through a tunnel to appear at my back, and as you can see by logs, he came up behind me and tried to kill me. This was when he threw away his weapon and was unarmed, besides a plasma cutter. The first time was okay, the second time, where he threw away any sense of believability just to charge head long in from behind to try and kill the antag. That second time, is validhunting.

I'd like to also bring up the fact that Delta is getting more and more rude to people. In previous threads he has gone so far as been passive aggressive, like the Hunter thread where he decided to post a 'meme' picture, in what looked like a attempt to ridicule him. Then there is passive aggressive stuff ingame, like this, that was over a joke.

I should note that comment was made in response to you and Incog repeatedly making the joke that my character was a trap. You personally went so far as to refer my character as if they were a "he" in IC. It was more obnoxious and immature than it was funny and I suggested you get a grip rather than letting your "jokes" seep into IC, as the joke made was inappropriate and not humorous in the slightest. That comment was also made in an entirely different round from the one this complaint is being made. Thanks for taking that out of context entirely, I see you're definitely trying to display me in a very honest light.

Also, I was asked to not post those lines of "meme pictures" in complaints from now on and I have abided by that. It also is completely irrelevant to the current issue, even in the matter of unprofessionalism because I still have not done anything along those lines since it happened. Do you honestly think that has any bearing on the complaint as it stands, though?

You're just looking for reasons to make me look guilty when I literally did nothing that was wrong to begin with.

The CE had adequate reasons beyond having a military background to shoot you dead. The sec team was incapacitated. They weren't even seeking you out to begin with and were following the lead of the head of security to kill you, which means they were asked to take up arms to help. So you got shot for being in one of the most centralized places in the station and you were a literal sitting duck to be taken out and neutralized.

The fact you got killed was in fact, your fault, for many issues, the below three being the most prominent.

1.) Your team was identified as the terroristic element that took two officers out of commission in cargo.

2.) You taunted the station over comms making rather obvious WH40K references. I wanted to talk to you about that but another admin told me not to, then they went afk so nobody handled that issue. More added reason for the crew to want to kill you.

3.) You tunnelvisioned so hard to kill the Chief engineer when there was the hos right behind you shooting you with a gun while you were angrily chainswording the CE because you were pissed at them for "validhunting", apparently.

You literally did nothing to interact with the crew for an hour and a half until you actually boarded the station as a mercenary and then got shot. You getting killed by the chief engineer and the head of security was the only notable thing you did the entire round, as you were more occupied with complaining about validhunting for the entire course of the round leading up to those events. AOOC logs can prove this.

Cmdr. Lance(as John Doe) says, "We ain't going in there to murder the shit out of people."

You've no idea how much biting irony there is here.

I should note that comment was made in response to you and Incog repeatedly making the joke that my character was a trap. You personally went so far as to refer my character as if they were a "he" in IC. It was more obnoxious and immature than it was funny and I suggested you get a grip rather than letting your "jokes" seep into IC, as the joke made was inappropriate and not humorous in the slightest. That comment was also made in an entirely different round from the one this complaint is being made. Thanks for taking that out of context entirely, I see you're definitely trying to display me in a very honest light.

Also, I was asked to not post those lines of "meme pictures" in complaints from now on and I have abided by that. It also is completely irrelevant to the current issue, even in the matter of unprofessionalism because I still have not done anything along those lines since it happened. Do you honestly think that has any bearing on the complaint as it stands, though?

You're just looking for reasons to make me look guilty when I literally did nothing that was wrong to begin with.

The CE had adequate reasons beyond having a military background to shoot you dead. The sec team was incapacitated. They weren't even seeking you out to begin with and were following the lead of the head of security to kill you, which means they were asked to take up arms to help. So you got shot for being in one of the most centralized places in the station and you were a literal sitting duck to be taken out and neutralized.

The fact you got killed was in fact, your fault, for many issues, the below three being the most prominent.

1.) Your team was identified as the terroristic element that took two officers out of commission in cargo.

2.) You taunted the station over comms making rather obvious WH40K references. I wanted to talk to you about that but another admin told me not to, then they went afk so nobody handled that issue. More added reason for the crew to want to kill you.

3.) You tunnelvisioned so hard to kill the Chief engineer when there was the hos right behind you shooting you with a gun while you were angrily chainswording the CE because you were pissed at them for "validhunting", apparently.

You literally did nothing to interact with the crew for an hour and a half until you actually boarded the station as a mercenary and then got shot. You getting killed by the chief engineer and the head of security was the only notable thing you did the entire round, as you were more occupied with complaining about validhunting for the entire course of the round leading up to those events. AOOC logs can prove this.

Cmdr. Lance(as John Doe) says, "We ain't going in there to murder the shit out of people."

You've no idea how much biting irony there is here.

Great taking things out of context yourself, I see the hypocrisy is not lost on you. The entire reason we bloody didn't do anything the entire round is because we didn't get to the station until a hour or so in because we got lost in space. You're making it seem like we stayed back and decided to just daunt things. You also say you were going to bwoink me for making 40K references? For Christ's sake, Catnip gave me a chainsword in exchange for TC for the gimmick. He even spawned in a labeller so we could label our weapons. The joke was both IC and OOC. It was hardly inappropriate, because hey, it was a IC thing. Every time I am on the server or forums you jump on my back trying to find every little reason to get me in trouble. You're extremely aggressive for a staff member, and that is honestly why this complaint was made. The Chief Engineer thing was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Your behaviour in ahelps (With the Malf-AI incident, calling me shitcurity and a 'shameful' roleplayer being one. Let me quote here.

'[Trial Moderator PM] OneOneThreeEight: mate. i imagine you think the display is fun for you but why exactly are you going rambo.'

and others such as

'[Trial Moderator PM] OneOneThreeEight: It's actually shameful. No, you are not some edgy badass who doesn't care about synthetic casualties, because they are still crew, and at the end of the day if you took actions that screwed over other crewmembers you are bad at your job.' and

'[Trial Moderator PM] OneOneThreeEight: No, it is not an insult to say you're acting like shitcurity. Because this is generally what it is. You're not getting the message. You don't seem to care about what you did. You could've waited a few seconds to permit the CE to RCD some doors and force your folks' way into there. Instead, you decided to not use your head and act dumb. There's no reason to disobey an order from a head of staff. They know better. And you kinda displayed that you thought you did, but ended up creating more damage than actually helping. So, one second.'

The complaint I am bringing up is that you're acting more and more hostile to people, both in L/OOC, forums, ingame and ahelps. The ahelp logs, the fact you literally look over every little thing to bring up, the fact you literally post on everything I post to try and counter it. (Literally everything I have posted recently, you've had a argument against. Application, this, etc.) It's clear as day you have it out for me, for some reason. Did I offend one of your characters so badly ICly that it smacked you in the face OOCly or something? Because you have shown me nothing but aggression since I have first talked to you.

You also say you were going to bwoink me for making 40K references? For Christ's sake, Catnip gave me a chainsword in exchange for TC for the gimmick. He even spawned in a labeller so we could label our weapons. The joke was both IC and OOC. It was hardly inappropriate, because hey, it was a IC thing. Every time I am on the server or forums you jump on my back trying to find every little reason to get me in trouble. You're extremely aggressive for a staff member, and that is honestly why this complaint was made. The Chief Engineer thing was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't think Catnip wanted you to make literal separate universe references to WH40K.

You must maintain character at ALL TIMES. No suiciding to leave the round (ghost or use cryogenic storage), and no random grief at round end. Avoid chucklefucking. (Check the glossary for a definition.)

Do not break the atmosphere of the game. Also known as "breaking immersion". For example, using slang terms for antagonists IC "traitor", "rev", "syndie", "wizard", "changeling", etc. Use of OOC game slang IC, "robust", "shitcurity", "emag", "esword".

Pop culture references are a no.

Again, it is you and your team's fault for fumbling and getting absolutely nothing done beyond everyone on the merc team dying anticlimactically and you all hold the responsibility of trying to rush things to the point where an emergency shuttle was called before the 2 hour mark. Not anyone else's.

I don't care if you're upset about my attitude towards you. I took those stances as the series of bad judgements you made in worse faith than anyone else could've carried out in your position. You broke roleplay for the worst reasons and I'm not going to sugarcoat it when someone has clearly done something that was juvenile and very clearly against the rules. That was the past. Here is now.

If you feel I have been aggressive, then that really sucks. But: you are vitriolic and you always fly off the handle the moment you get remotely upset. You use vulgarities on a whim, you are extremely defensive regarding criticism. You demonize those you find fault in and do not relent even when told to dial back. The moment anyone says anything about you in response to your immature tendencies you call them edgy and dismiss their criticism.

The worst I have done is called you out for acting unjustifiably terrible to people, and applied a temporary security ban for validhunting. Quote unquote, "Collateral damage is never acceptable as security."

I'm fully capable of doing worse, but that would not be appropriate, as I believe some people deserve plenty of chances if they are intent on sticking around in the community. I am not saying it is by my will alone that you stay, but if I was really out for you, I think I would've done worse by now besides doing absolutely nothing when you had a fit when I said that another character was justified in killing your character in a round that was already doomed to end badly given how your merc team was coordinating.

You still have chances left in my book to improve your attitude. I wouldn't be taking the time to answer this complaint if I felt communicating with you was a waste of time.

I am going the throw myself in again as the HoS and attempt not to make a repeat of myself from what I explained earlier, which was obviously ignored.

I gave you a chance to stand down and open a RP situation up by aiming my gun at you and yelling at you to lay down, you ignored it, netted me, smoke nade. You did get the cadet injured and me out of your way long enough for you to haul ass and get the fuck away from the general area. Instead you stuck around like a sitting duck in tool storage.

I see the justifications from Delta and how this is valid, the best thing you can do is learn from your mistakes to become more robust.

(Come on xor, just accept you died fam, this is not worth the headache and a week long endless loop)

• 2 weeks later...

I explained my decision-making during the round with an adminhelp that I volunteered when I noticed deadchat was full of Xor complaining about me. Schev noted receipt of that adminhelp, and I invite the administration to post it in lieu of my week-old recollection.

• 1 month later...

I do not agree delta has a measure of aggression or bias that will affect his ability to moderate. I voted for him passing his trial because i trust his judgement. Bias is always a super hard thing to prove. without repeated incidents its only something we can monitor and watch for.

Accusations of bias require proof that I'm pushing an agenda serverside that isn't the agenda that a staff member should be following.

It is not inherent bias when I actually choose to do my job, versus situations where it is not necessary to intervene. I didn't sign up to be complacent and permit people to do things all willy-nilly, but I also did not sign up to wantonly lecture every single person on how things should be roleplayed, because that would break continuity and fluidity of both gameplay and roleplay. Either way: A sensible standard of a roleplay atmosphere must be maintained as per the rules. If it is not followed, the person responsible for their lapse in judgement should not be surprised if they end up disciplined or warned as a result of the issue. Likewise, if someone decides to take matters into their own hands ICly after reporting something OOC, they should expect to see IC consequences rather than OOC ones.

It is absurd to assume of us that we will step in to scold people who have done you wrong from a roleplay perspective. You are not obligated to have scenarios where the staff help you "win" or "gain an edge" over other characters in-game. We will not supply that, that would be a mistake.

I'll give my few cents on this.

The few months of Delta being on staff, I havn't ever really seen them ever be biased. Yes, Delta can be agressive and wordy at times, but it works a lot of the time. He doesn't single people out, he does it to everyone he speaks to, heck he's done it to me aswell!

Delta really isn't trying to be biased, I have never really seen him single anyone out like you are stating.

I'll give my few cents on this.

The few months of Delta being on staff, I havn't ever really seen them ever be biased. Yes, Delta can be agressive and wordy at times, but it works a lot of the time. He doesn't single people out, he does it to everyone he speaks to, heck he's done it to me aswell!

Delta really isn't trying to be biased, I have never really seen him single anyone out like you are stating.

Agree 100% with this. He is aggressively adminning nothing more nothing less.