Staff Complaint-HouseofSynth

BYOND Key:Bygonehero

Staff BYOND Key:HouseofSynth

Game ID:unknown it just crashed

Reason for complaint:To reverse their decision, as its not really icly or oocly acceptable

Evidence/logs/etc:https://puu.sh/AIhJe/bdc09b0f13.png

Additional remarks: They ruled that leaving a prisoner in pain and blind is an ic issue, and does not violate believable standards of roleplay for security officers. This is clearly in error or violation of the rules from my perspective, as it is not fun for the player, nor is it believable to be allowed for prisoners.

As a participant of this round. I'm positively certain that security has let medical through multiple times. CMO even declared your were fine.

So I'm not sure how this is perceived torture. The screenshot is fairly out of context to the whole round. With only a Warden and Officer present to handle 3-4 inmates along with responding to outside calls of other antagonists and the events that spawn carp and such. The Detective was around but was mostly busy with investigation. The rest of security was essentially dead.

I'm not handling this due to my direct involvement to this round, but this is my perception of how things went.

Alrighty then. First of all I want to say I appreciate you bringing this to the forums instead of arguing it ingame. Makes all our lives easier.

Now onto the subject at hand. I still believe this case to be an IC issue. As Abo said there were only really two security staff to deal with multiple prisoners. However despite this, after talking to the CMO's player on the discord, I was told that medical were called to security to administer medical assistance to the prisoners, including yourself. Checking the logs I found this to be correct as the CMO was PDA messaged about fixing up the prisoners. They were also called to security. The CMO also treated you with Imidazoline in the hopes it would heal any eye damage you had, not realising it was ryetalyn that you needed.

Taking this into account I would say it hardly counts to torture. The security team had their hands full but still contacted medical, leading to treatment being given to you. They didn't refuse you treatment at all. Also, it's not as if you were left to die in the cell either. You were simply blind and, yes while you were in pain, I believe one of the officers came to take you to medical once again just before the server crashed. There was no imminent danger to your health. Note that I had not instructed any of security to take you to medical through PMs at this point. That was the officer's own action. So in short, I don't believe their RP to be unsatisfactory as they were taking the measures they could to ensure you were treated and healed.

Sure it's no fun being left blind. But you were not deliberately left blind. Efforts were made and thus no rules were broken. The delay in their efforts were due to the fact that there were still traitors running around so they had their own issues. Therefore I deemed it an IC issue.

I hope the reasoning behind my decision helps clear things up. Feel free to throw me a reply if you have anymore issues or questions about my decision.

Alrighty then. First of all I want to say I appreciate you bringing this to the forums instead of arguing it ingame. Makes all our lives easier.

Now onto the subject at hand. I still believe this case to be an IC issue. As Abo said there were only really two security staff to deal with multiple prisoners. However despite this, after talking to the CMO's player on the discord, I was told that medical were called to security to administer medical assistance to the prisoners, including yourself. Checking the logs I found this to be correct as the CMO was PDA messaged about fixing up the prisoners. They were also called to security. The CMO also treated you with Imidazoline in the hopes it would heal any eye damage you had, not realising it was ryetalyn that you needed.

Taking this into account I would say it hardly counts to torture. The security team had their hands full but still contacted medical, leading to treatment being given to you. They didn't refuse you treatment at all. Also, it's not as if you were left to die in the cell either. You were simply blind and, yes while you were in pain, I believe one of the officers came to take you to medical once again just before the server crashed. There was no imminent danger to your health. Note that I had not instructed any of security to take you to medical through PMs at this point. That was the officer's own action. So in short, I don't believe their RP to be unsatisfactory as they were taking the measures they could to ensure you were treated and healed.

Sure it's no fun being left blind. But you were not deliberately left blind. Efforts were made and thus no rules were broken. The delay in their efforts were due to the fact that there were still traitors running around so they had their own issues. Therefore I deemed it an IC issue.

I hope the reasoning behind my decision helps clear things up. Feel free to throw me a reply if you have anymore issues or questions about my decision.

From my experience, the station was very much in falling action when most of my issues were reported. This descalation could be backed up by the logs via alert level changes. I was not brought to medical for being blind at first. I was brought to medical because I was dying since they took my mask off. Beyond this it would be difficult to prove my perceptions beyond this. Your conclusion is correct with the evidence you have and from now on I will take more efforts to document irregular security activity when I interact with them to prevent such a misunderstanding from occurring in the first place. I am absolutely certain I would have been left blind, handcuffed in isolation, that I would have been killed by security if I did not a help, so the idea that it's fine for ic is dubious at best, since the impetus for most of their actions were the ahelps themselves in the first place.

edited for readability because phones suck

From my experience, the station was very much in falling action when most of my issues were reported. This descalation could be backed up by the logs via alert level changes.

Alright this is fair enough. However the amount of prisoners still outnumbered the amount of officers, leading to the fact that they couldn't keep an eye on you all simultaneously.

I was not brought to medical for being blind at first. I was brought to medical because I was dying since they took my mask off.

Now my ruling on the issue being IC was not intended to be applied here. It was applied to the fact you were left in your cell blind but not intentionally. The officer in question who took of your mask was spoken to about it by myself over ahelps as them taking the mask off of you was in fact an OOC issue. They didn't realise vaurcae need phoron to breathe as I believe they were relatively new. I also recommended that they get you medical help due to this.

Similarly to this, the circumstances to you being blind were also an OOC issue. As you know I spoke to the officer who flashed you multiple times and dealt with them appropriately. Again, the IC issue was that you were left blind in the cell, but otherwise unharmed. As stated in my previous reply attempts were made to cure you by the CMO and such.

I am absolutely certain I would have been left blind, handcuffed in isolation, that I would have been killed by security if I did not a help

Note that, as I said in my previous reply, the officer came to take you to medical just before the server crashed. As said I did not tell them to do that. That was done under their own accord. I assume by 'killed' you were referring to the officer who took your mask off. As stated I spoke to them and recommended they take you to medical to rectify the damage. That was an OOC issue and was dealt with as such.

The circumstances of your blindness and the removal of your masks were OOC issues. Both the officers respectively were spoken to through ahelps and dealt with. The only part of this I declared an IC issue to you was the fact that you were left in the cell blind but otherwise healthy. Due to the reasons I went over in my previous reply. Perhaps I could have been clearer as to which aspect of the string of events was IC and which parts were OOC at the time. And so I do apologise if I was unclear.

But yes, The cause of your blindness and removal of the mask was OOC and dealt with accordingly at the time. Leaving you in the cell blind but otherwise fine was not in violation of rules as efforts were being made.

From my experience, the station was very much in falling action when most of my issues were reported. This descalation could be backed up by the logs via alert level changes.

Alright this is fair enough. However the amount of prisoners still outnumbered the amount of officers, leading to the fact that they couldn't keep an eye on you all simultaneously.

I was not brought to medical for being blind at first. I was brought to medical because I was dying since they took my mask off.

Now my ruling on the issue being IC was not intended to be applied here. It was applied to the fact you were left in your cell blind but not intentionally. The officer in question who took of your mask was spoken to about it by myself over ahelps as them taking the mask off of you was in fact an OOC issue. They didn't realise vaurcae need phoron to breathe as I believe they were relatively new. I also recommended that they get you medical help due to this.

Similarly to this, the circumstances to you being blind were also an OOC issue. As you know I spoke to the officer who flashed you multiple times and dealt with them appropriately. Again, the IC issue was that you were left blind in the cell, but otherwise unharmed. As stated in my previous reply attempts were made to cure you by the CMO and such.

I am absolutely certain I would have been left blind, handcuffed in isolation, that I would have been killed by security if I did not a help

Note that, as I said in my previous reply, the officer came to take you to medical just before the server crashed. As said I did not tell them to do that. That was done under their own accord. I assume by 'killed' you were referring to the officer who took your mask off. As stated I spoke to them and recommended they take you to medical to rectify the damage. That was an OOC issue and was dealt with as such.

The circumstances of your blindness and the removal of your masks were OOC issues. Both the officers respectively were spoken to through ahelps and dealt with. The only part of this I declared an IC issue to you was the fact that you were left in the cell blind but otherwise healthy. Due to the reasons I went over in my previous reply. Perhaps I could have been clearer as to which aspect of the string of events was IC and which parts were OOC at the time. And so I do apologise if I was unclear.

But yes, The cause of your blindness and removal of the mask was OOC and dealt with accordingly at the time. Leaving you in the cell blind but otherwise fine was not in violation of rules as efforts were being made.

Yes, I realize this now, I misunderstood what you were trying to say in the round.