Butt_Toxins Staff Complaint Alberyk

BYOND Key: Butt_Toxins

Staff BYOND Key: Alberyk

Game ID: Not Applicable

Reason for complaint: My ban appeal was denied yet again. It's been months since I was on Aurora and those two bans on Baystation were just after I was banned from Aurora so they aren't recent at all. I wasn't even questioned by Alberyk on my appeal. I feel like because of my record on Aurora that all my appeals will be brushed to the side and denied because of how much of a shit I apparently was and I do admit I was a shit but it's not like I was killing people all the time and blowing the station up, I recall most of my warnings and bans just being things like, hacking in to doors and resisting arrest by running away and graffiti, all of this built up and resulted in this situation I am in now.

Surely making 2 ban appeals months apart from each other shows that I actually care and that I'm sorry for being a shit, I'm not going to wait months and make two appeals just to be unbanned again then cause shit for the lols. I actually thought admitting I have had other bans on servers and recognizing what I did wrong would help me in the appeal but it clearly just made it worse and I'm assuming you thought the bans on Bay were recent which they aren't. I didn't lie and I haven't been rude at all or at least I don't think I've been rude. If it's going to be a cycle of me appealing and it constantly getting denied then please just say so then I can stop making appeals months apart and thinking it will get through.

Evidence/logs/etc: Copy Paste from Discord

Alb Messages -

Can I ask why my appeal wasn't accepted and is there any point in doing another ever again because the chances of me being unbanned are slim yes?

Alberyk - Today at 5:52 PM

Pretty much what strudel said in the thread.

Butt_Toxins - Today at 5:54 PM

Those two bans were a few weeks after I was perma banned from Aurora, it's now months later. The disposals ban I actually messaged an admin on discord and the thought I killed another player then jumped down disposalsas a non antag, I jumped down disposals yes and wasn't bwoinked at all so I left.

When I was on Aurora I didn't exactly kill people and blow shit up as a non antag it was just a bunch of small things like hacking doors and resisting arrest by just running away as far as I can remember

Alberyk - Today at 5:56 PM

Right, due to the appeal already being solved, I would recommend getting in contact with garn or abo, since this was pretty much the result of the discussion we had with the staff at the time.

Butt_Toxins - Today at 5:57 PM

What should I say?

Alberyk - Today at 5:57 PM

Explain your case, and ask for them to handle the future complaint.

Butt_Toxins - Today at 5:58 PM

On Discord or private message on the forums?

Alberyk - Today at 5:58 PM

Both work.

Abo Messages -

If you disagree, you'll need to file a staff complaint.

Butt_Toxins - Today at 6:32 PM

I feel like doing a staff complaint is just a big "Fuck you, you're right I'm wrong", seems kind of rude.

I accept I was a shit on Aurora and have been on other servers but it has been quite awhile. My appeal made it sound like I'm still being a shit on Bay and gettin away with it

Aboshehab - Today at 6:49 PM

I mean, you disagree with the appeal. staff complaint is appropriate

I'm not overruling Alb

Butt_Toxins - Today at 6:52 PM

In your honest opinion, is it even worth it, I feel I'll never get unbanned no matter how many appeals I do? I've waited months and months and made two appeals months apart of each other which I think shows I actually care and want to play again properly, a griefer or person wanting to cause more trouble wouldn't go through all that effort just to cause some shit again.

If I was to make this staff complaint I would address it to everyone or just Alb because I'm told the staff team had a discussion about it and all agreed to deny it

Aboshehab - Today at 6:52 PM

Address it to Alb.

Butt_Toxins - Today at 6:54 PM

Alright I'll do it now. Hope staff don't think because I filed a complaint means I don't like them or hold a grudge because I really don't

Additional remarks:

Non

Now, why you were permabanned from the first time:

youjustgotowened has permabanned butttoxins. - Reason: Attempted to beat themselves to death in the Bar for no reason. Has been banned twice fairly recently for the same, disregarding roleplay behavior and has shown no attempt to change his behavior. Feel free to appeal on the forums once you feel you are ready to properly roleplay. - This is a permanent ban.

Take in consideration that this happened at 01/05/2017, between this and your first note, at 22/04/2017, you were banned twice. So, you were unbanned at 26/06/2018, between this period and your second permaban, you had around 17 notes/warnings/bans, this is a lot. That is why I am not really eager in unbanning you, and I had my doubts if I should, so I did consult the staff at time and the majority did believe that you should not be given another chance.

Now, if you are ever unbanned, I don't really know if I can answer that, but as I said, due to your replies and taking in consideration your history here, I might say it is not very likely in a close future. I would not against the rest of staff/headmins deciding it would be worth to give you a third chance, however.

I've been reviewing for for the last day, even before my post. To summarize, I'm not fond of the idea of giving you a third chance at this time. And full disclosure, telling us about your time with Bay has helped, since we already look into this sort of thing, so neglecting to mention it, especially had we asked would have made it much worse. However, it was not enough.

The issue with your time on the server, is that across a period of 5 months, you've received 23 staff entries, all in the negative. 7 of the 23 are warnings, 2 of which I personally gave you 2 days apart, the second not a ban, but a warning because I spoke to you and believed you had sincere intentions to reform in accordance to our rules. The truth of the matter, we have been extremely lenient with you and it has not paid off. While we don't regret for our lenience, it's not something I am willing to grant you once more.

I recall most of my warnings and bans just being things like, hacking in to doors and resisting arrest by running away and graffiti, all of this built up and resulted in this situation I am in now.

No. In order of most recent to oldest.

• alberyk has permabanned butttoxins. - Reason: Causing way too much trouble as a non antag assistant, pretty much going over the bounds of self antagging, you have a history of this behavior already

• Banned from Antagonist - went way overboard in decapitating people you killed. Generally this is permitted but it has its limits. you also admittedly shot first in situations where you really should have said "hello" first.

• aboshehab has banned butttoxins. - Reason: Self antagonistic actions beyond what could consitute as reasonable, along with the reasoning being invalid to permit this as well. This is a 3 day ban

• Warning added by alberyk, for: For shocking cryo storage's door, do not mess with spawn points like that.

• Warning added by coalf, for: Ignoring pain and danger presented to your character saying things like "homo" and "fuck me dad",this is not acceptable in-game behaviour.

• Warning added by pikl, for: Walking around nude as a chef taking pictures of himself, cause issues for security. Concerns of self-antagging and playing a believable character have been a repeat thing we've talked to you about. You need to learn to control your impulses to cause chaos when you're not an antagonist. Perhaps cryo and play on a low-rp server if you feel the need to do so, or ahelp beforehand and see if we approve what you plan on doing. You've been given so many chances towards this. The next time we have to talk to you about this, it will likely result in a ban of some sort. - This is a severe warning.

• rickymadenson has banned butttoxins. - Reason: Being a general nuisance IC for no good reason. Engaging in minor infractions with little to no reason, thus self-antagging. You've already been warned for this. This is a 3-day ban.

• Warning added by aboshehab, for: Another incident of self-antag and causing issues without a good reason. Take into consideration that you're a corporate employee and you should be doing your job as opposed to causing issues.

• Warning added by aboshehab, for: Self antagonistic actions are not tolerated along with being a complete nusinece to security. Furthermore, you should not be charging or fighting security without consideration to your health and safety, especially if they are armed with firearms. Note a more serious punishment will occur for repeats.

• Warning added by themuncorn, for: Play a reasonable character and don't go doing stupid stuff just because you can. Picking drunken fights and resisting security isn't something you should be doing outside of being an antagonist.

• youjustgotowened has permabanned butttoxins. - Reason: Attempted to beat themselves to death in the Bar for no reason. Has been banned twice fairly recently for the same, disregarding roleplay behavior and has shown no attempt to change his behavior. Feel free to appeal on the forums once you feel you are ready to properly roleplay.

• Warning added by rickymadenson, for: Please, do not forcefully shove poisonous shrooms down people's throats as a "religious practice". Any religion of such kind wouldn't be permitted to preach onboard a Nanotrasen facility.

• rickymadenson has banned butttoxins. - Reason: Banned for attacking a person in Odin in his Corrupted form. EoR grief. Use this time to familiarize yourself with the rules on our website/forums. This is a 3-day ban.

• rickymadenson has banned butttoxins. - Reason: Taking an SSD to his office to bash them in the head. His psych happened to be crazy + he claimed it was also because he wanted to test mechanics. Suspected lying. Given a day ban based on what's done previously on the same day. This is a day ban

Again, we have been extremely lenient with you, but there are limits. It is my opinion that unbaning you would yield us no benefit and there is very little chance of you improving.

Surely making 2 ban appeals months apart from each other shows that I actually care and that I'm sorry for being a shit, I'm not going to wait months and make two appeals just to be unbanned again then cause shit for the lols.

You'd be surprised with the mixed results we get. You had your chance the first time we unbanned you, you're not getting the second unban removed for a much longer while, if ever. Try again in 2019, if that's still denied, then you're most likely not being given another chance.

Leaving this open for 24 hours unless something is added.