[Resolved] Staff Complaint - NursieKitty

BYOND Key: BurgerBB

Staff BYOND Key: NursieKitty

Game ID: bVO-dAkt

Evidence/logs/etc: None provided because I lagged out, apologies.

Reason for complaint: Absolutely unacceptable handling of a ticket.

I joined as cyborg. The AI was absolutely unhelpful in filling me in on the situation, so I wandered around as a preset-less AI. The crew didn't seem interested in explaining to me the situation. I notice a surgeon named Ivan something smashing lights and cameras, so I confronted him. I told them to stop smashing shit. He threatened to kill me in all lowercase and no punctuation if I didn't leave. I turn around to leave, I walk far away from him with obvious intent to leave, but a Vaurca named Za'Akaix'Vex Zo'ra was harm-intent blocking me. The surgeon proceeded to move up closer to me and bash the shit out of me with a saw while the ant said "Suffer."

I ahelped it as there was no RP present in this obvious gank. NursieKitty was incredibly unhelpful in the complaint, stating it was simply just an "accident" despite explaining the situation with no explanation given. I asked if she could provide the ckeys and she said no and closed the ticket despite it not being resolved. I asked her to please give me the ckeys involved because I very likely won't be sticking around in this round and she kept refusing despite in previous instances where I've received ckeys before. I had to look up the ckeys myself, but given how NursieKitty handled this, and how it's more appropriate to give a staff complaint on the issue and dispute the ruling, I'm making a staff complaint instead.

Additional remarks:

It's just incredibly depressing that not even 5 minutes after I go on the station I get ganked and then self-destructed without showing any signs of hostilities whatsoever. I've received warnings for accidentally killing people before due to being new at the game but this is just ridiculous to say it was simply an accident. You don't accidentally harm intent block someone and say "Suffer" while watching them get beaten to death. You don't accidentally beat the shit out of someone with a medical saw 10 times after threatening to kill them. Honestly I just straight up regret not insta-picking security module and harmbatoning them to submission without so much as a word.

Ckey's are ment to be private and staff generaly don't give these out to player's requesting them.

It took me 5 seconds to look one person's up. All you gotta to do is search their character name and google and it will show you their whitelist application or a complaint if they made one. I realised that I should've done that instead of just asking.

Apologies for delay.

Refusing to give you ckeys was not a personal decision, I was working off of what Aboshehab has told us to do in the past.

As for the incident itself, it did boil down to miscommunication. The round had escalated to a point where cyborg destruction was justified, but the surgeon did not understand that you were trying to leave and the vaurca who blocked your path did so unintentionally, which was perfectly believable because, as I said, the round has escalated, and it is very easy to see why someone would lock themselves to harm intent in that moment.

What happened was unfortunate and avoidable, but mistakes are bound to happen during chaotic gameplay.

The Vaurca was lying, clearly. They blocked my path intentionally, as proven by the fact that they said "Suffer" while watching me get beat to death by the surgeon. It's incredibly hard to believe that any of that was an accident, especially when they walked right up to the medical door in the path of me leaving when the surgeon made their threat.

The Vaurca was lying, clearly. They blocked my path intentionally, as proven by the fact that they said "Suffer" while watching me get beat to death by the surgeon. It's incredibly hard to believe that any of that was an accident, especially when they walked right up to the medical door in the path of me leaving when the surgeon made their threat.

The player of the vaurca told me in adminhelps that they had no idea what was going on, and realized it too late to help (and it would be perfectly reasonable not wanting to fight a surgeon with a circular saw, much less get between it and someone else.) I have no reason to disbelieve them.

The player of the vaurca told me in adminhelps that they had no idea what was going on, and realized it too late to help (and it would be perfectly reasonable not wanting to fight a surgeon with a circular saw, much less get between it and someone else.) I have no reason to disbelieve them.

Well they're actually lying. Check the logs of them saying "Suffer" while blocking me.

I'm also 10% sure I asked them to please move and they didn't do anything.

Hi, so, due to NursieKitty resigning this report will be archived and locked.

To clear some things up:

• Yes, the Vaurca did say "Zzuffer, bot." as you were being hit.
  • The Vaurca and Ivan were both revolutionaries, Ivan being converted during that encounter.
  • It's hard for them to know exactly when you joined and keep track of every player, so they fact they killed you 5 minutes into your round is largely just unfortunate, not rule breaking.

With that said, the escalation present in regards to your cyborg seems lacking. I will be speaking to the player of the Vaurca about it, and why they should not have blocked you in with the other rev without further reason to.

EDIT: I will be locking and archiving this in 24 hours.