[Denied] Unban Request (Special Discord Edition)

Discord discriminator: Bauser#2332

Banning staff member: Not provided

Reason of Ban: Not provided

Reason for Appeal: It's been a month or something and I enjoy the functionality of seeing when rounds start and end without having to be ingame.

In no particular order. You were a little more than just 'very hostile.'

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

unknown.png.

Honestly, if you were unable to be civil and got banned for repeatedly crossing the line of decency over and over and over again, I don't think you should have the privilege of being able to chat with other users on the discord again.

Schev's had it out for me ever since the first time I disagreed with him on game mechanic suggestions. My first interaction with him was his explicitly stating how dumb I am. I concede that my defenses haven't always been strictly constructive, but they're no more vitriolic than anyone would be if they were similarly vilified over similarly nothing. I'm not a punching bag. I do apologize that other people were exposed to that vitriol, but he blocked me when I spoke with him in private (as others suggested I do).

So yeah, when somebody tells me that feeding the homeless "isn't really helping them," I'm going to call them a fucking idiot. It's a service I provide free of charge for the moral character of Aurora. Of course, now I know better than to even engage with those discussions, so I can provide some reasonable expectation of better civility (since apparently that's held in higher regard than good). My purpose in making this appeal is not mainly to apologize but simply to furnish the administration a fresh chance to do the right thing.

My purpose in making this appeal is not mainly to apologize but simply to furnish the administration a fresh chance to do the right thing.

Understand your mistake. Agree with the punishment. Want another chance? Then this is the place to be.

It seems like you're in the wrong place.

If you think so, maybe it bears mentioning that I was banned long after this drama subsided. Perfectly quiet, didn't see it coming, wasn't informed as to the particular onus. There was no reason save for the sour taste in people's mouth and their desire to have some scapegoat for it. I didn't do anything another dozen members wouldn't have done if they were in the same position, and that's not a bad thing. It's just a learning experience for everyone involved.

I didn't do anything another dozen members wouldn't have done if they were in the same position.

They'd also be banned.

17602356f6612df6b40932f97a970f61.png

57dce336d41b232f5ee4469d749577d2-png.jpg

Constantly insulting other members of the community in arguments for no reason despite several warnings. Ban applied on behalf of MattAtlas.

It's just a learning experience for everyone involved.

The idea is that this would hopefully be a learning experience for you, as this is a ban applied to you. This does not appear to be the case. I'm going to deny your appeal after a brief discussion with [mention]Datamatt[/mention]. You cannot appeal this ban again before the 24th of May, alternatively you can contest this with a staff complaint against both myself and [mention]Datamatt[/mention]

Leaving this open for another 24 hours.