[Accepted] Cytraladox Ban... An Ancient Ban

BYOND Key:

Previously used keys: Cytraladox, Quavo, Elcacooey, Galaxor, Friendlydad7, xdarksniperwolf122, lofaf

Currently used Ckey/Only: Galaxor

Total Ban Length:

This was a perma ban.

Banning staff member's Key:

Adminbot

Reason of Ban:

You, or another user of this computer or connection (cytraladox) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Chucklefucking,

including but not limited to: Breaking into security for pranks, attempting to break out of jail, writing the words

'Buttsecks and Cum' in Crayon, based on their previous records and notes, which included end of round grief, attempted to evade bans, holodeck fire grief, and others,

this player has demonstrated a severe lack of understanding of this server's rules, both in spirit and literal warning. This ban was applied by

Adminbot on 2015 - 09 - 07

Reason for Appeal:

It's been so long I had no idea what i was originally banned for or what I had even done. I've griefed so much in my time playing space station since I first started back in 09. Reading over my ban reason and long and distasteful history with this server I would like to apologize for the actions I took in the past. It's been almost three years since I have played here and in that time much has changed. The change did not take place until this last complete calendar year of my life (the last 300+ days). It took a lot to change myself which in turn affected how I acted online more than I realized. I used space station as a way to vent my frustration and anger gathered over the weeks/days, stress from class, boredom, whatever excuse I wanted to use to ruin other's rounds and genuinely anger others. In the time between now and when I rightfully earned the permaban I became an admin for an RP server (Fallout 13) and began to take Space seriously for once. I realized that it really is not fun to be a purposely be a dick and ruin others rounds, I learned that I too could be angered by having my round ruined. In my time as admin I've come to realize that it actually takes a lot to keep a server running and to ensure everyone is having fun and being punished if they break any rules. I now understand how annoying it is to deal with the same types of griefers over and over, blatant griefers who refuse to tell the truth even though you both know that they're lying. I, unfortunately was in that same degree of lazy uncreative run of the mill griefer and I am not very proud of that like I was once, I was a shit head and very rude I'll admit. I was in a bad part in my life and since then I have done a lot of self reflecting and made some major changes. I've had many chances here in the past since my first ever round of Space back in 2009 and have wasted the same chances in my years of being dumb and immature."

I would understand 100% if I were not unbanned or even considered a chance, in my years of playing I have lied and lied and wasted my chances when given them and made a fool of myself. I have changed majorly in the last year, I have grownup quite some. Thank you for taking the time to read my very long appeal.

Hi, I'll be handling this.

First off, the appeal is solid, I completely understand your reasoning, and I'm fully willing to unban you. The initial ban was placed over two years ago now, which is a pretty extreme amount of time, coupled with what you've stated here.

However, it seems there's a couple more attempted mirrors on record, some dating as recent as last month. Any idea why this might be? Did you try to connect on a couple of new ckeys? (friendlydad7 being one of these, the other I can't disclose.)

Hi, I'll be handling this.

First off, the appeal is solid, I completely understand your reasoning, and I'm fully willing to unban you. The initial ban was placed over two years ago now, which is a pretty extreme amount of time, coupled with what you've stated here.

However, it seems there's a couple more attempted mirrors on record, some dating as recent as last month. Any idea why this might be? Did you try to connect on a couple of new ckeys? (friendlydad7 being one of these, the other I can't disclose.)

Thank you!

Yes, I did. I go around each server every month - two months to see if any of them wiped their ban list or unbanned me. Friendlydad7 is the key I use to play Escalation and the key I used to admin with on Fo13. I understand that an attempt to connect looks like a mirror/attempt to ban evade but I was checking to see what bans were still in place on what servers. My main and only used key for pub servers is Galaxor, Friendlydad7 is for the private server (Escalation).

Alright, just for future reference, I'm not the one handling the appeal but I should make note of it so you don't attempt it again on other servers, but no SS13 server I know of ever wipes their permabans on purpose. I can understand the reasoning why, but for the most part the flaw in that design is that people who want to lazily evade bans and grief again would just have to wait for the ban list to be wiped sometime, which is why none of the servers that I can think of do that. Try not to make it a habit in the event you ever get banned on any other server since those that give out permabans with reliable enough ban databases tend to stick until appealed.

Just a minor clarification, but the advice might help in case you have to explain the same thing to another server that may not be obliged to that explanation.