[Accepted] BasedLime Unban request

BYOND Key: Basedlime

Total Ban Length: Perma

Banning staff member's Key: scheveningen

Reason of Ban: Being a dumb troll over OOC, Making inflammatory remarks

Reason for Appeal: Being banned for varying opinion is simply sad. I wasn't trolling, nor do I feel I made any inflammatory remarks whatsoever

Just before Schev sees this, you may want to provide some logs of what happened, and explain in more detail why what you did was okay. Actually, if you feel what you did was okay, you should make a staff complaint on Scheveningen - unban requests are for when you admit what you did was wrong, but you want your ban reduced for other reasons.

While I'm not the banning staff member, looking over your staff interaction, it shows a persistent form of history filled with rule violations across your time playing on this server. You've got five incidents alone on the naming scheme of your characters. You also don't seem to be in agreement with ban reason at all.

Perhaps you could detail your interaction that led to this ban along with the fact you've got repeat offenses of the same rule violations since 2015? It's clear you haven't been fully active since then but when you do play, rule violations are present.

I understand that Sharp, and I apologize. When I do play - its for month long binges or more, I've actively played probably weekly with over 4000 hours, and hundreds if not thousands of shifts. So, yes - I have a history of bans - But I really cleaned up my behavior before this last ban was put on my account. I'd love another chance to fully prove myself as a quality player of the server.

As far as logs go, I don't think I even have those available, but the context I remember was political talk in OOC, me and Shev had varying opinions. he got a little mad and started to be slanderous. I scoffed, played the moral high ground. And was banned for "being rude" . Politics are divisional and polarized, and bring nothing but angst to everybody. I didn't bring it up, I merely commented on it because shev was going at it with another person, I went in to defend other person.... Should've picked team Moderator. my apologies... Anyway! This is my favorite server by far. And I mostly just sat in science because SCIENCE, so I'll be out of the way in-game.

I'd like to point out again that, my last ban (this ban) was a non-violent ban, I didn't hurt any peoples sprites like had happened in the past, OR Fuck something up detrimentally due to stupidity after a long long binge of playing. (like blowing up the toxin lab) . Proving, that I've since cleaned up my act, and, since have apologized for previous bans and will continue to avoid breaking any rules.

I don't recall if that was the context. but I don't really remember what the context was anyway, so I couldn't tell you if you were right or wrong about what the subject matter was. I don't usually give out bans for political discussions because everyone has a right to an opinion as long as they don't violate the principle of the very first rule you see when you log onto the server.

As far as logs go, I don't think I even have those available, but the context I remember was political talk in OOC, me and Shev had varying opinions. he got a little mad and started to be slanderous. I scoffed, played the moral high ground. And was banned for "being rude" . Politics are divisional and polarized, and bring nothing but angst to everybody. I didn't bring it up, I merely commented on it because shev was going at it with another person, I went in to defend other person.... Should've picked team Moderator. my apologies... Anyway!

I'm not sure if I'm really convinced to lift this ban if you're going to throw out sarcastic ripostes as your justification for how you acted. It wouldn't really be worth it to lift a ban placed for negative player attitude if you display much the same in your unban appeal, it doesn't really tell me that you've improved or matured if you're going to word your justification in this manner. You only seem to succeed at coming off as more rude and standoffish and still offput you received a ban for this sort of behavior.

I'd like to point out again that, my last ban (this ban) was a non-violent ban, I didn't hurt any peoples sprites like had happened in the past, OR Fuck something up detrimentally due to stupidity after a long long binge of playing. (like blowing up the toxin lab) . Proving, that I've since cleaned up my act, and, since have apologized for previous bans and will continue to avoid breaking any rules.

And I think I should point out the issue in consistency if you don't think how your displayed attitude is as serious as the other issues outlined in your notes. These things tend to add up to paint a better picture as to how you conducted yourself on this server. If you're going to apologize for the mess-ups, why not also apologize for the negative attitude you've displayed?

I suppose I hadn't really owned up to my behavior, which obviously had gotten me banned. but I feel if I had done this sooner, I would have been unbanned a lot sooner as well. because the context was actually not that bad, it was political talk. and if I remember correctly your NOT a fan of trump and quite possibly any remarks that could be taken wrong in debate with you could easily have fallen under the guise of "rude player attitutude" Which I do solomly apologize for. I don't want to seem sarcastic in any of my statements. I tried to prove to you that my ban history and my recent ban were unconnected. And that even though there are bans from 2 years ago on account, you have to understand that it was literally 2 years ago! I've changed as a person in 2 years and I'm sure that you have too shev. If we're to take bans as both, a detterant and a means of learning to right our wrongs, than thats exactly what I'm going to take from all of this. I've learned from time off the server that I do want to be apart of the server, and that I won't have another chance probably if I even manage to get this ban lifted, that I understand. My senoirity sadly has brought my past along with me in your player logs. But so be it... I'm held to the same regard as everybody else which is why I'm here just like everybody else who seems to have had a problem following the rules. But, perhaps I've seemed sarcastic writing an unban appeal, under the premise that neither I or the banning moderator have little idea was about. I feel like my past works against me, while I hope that it could at least be considered that the time in between not being here and being here has taught me to be a better player. Because I'm sure I've probably played hundreds of rounds since than, with you players here on this post. Perhaps.

But again, I own up to what I've done - I'm sorry if whatever I said, was taken as rude. If I hurt your feelings I'm sorry. If I damaged the integrity of the server by even jumping into your political talk, than I'm also sorry.