[Resolved] Player Complaint - FASCISMFORTHOSEWHOWANTIT

BYOND Key: BurgerBB

Game ID: bUG-aN7t

Player Byond Key: FASCISMFORTHOSEWHOWANTIT

Staff involved: None

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No.

Approximate Date/Time: June 2nd, 2018, 11:50PM PST

Reason for complaint:

Round started. I joined as cyborg and apparently the AI was traitor. Given how I am eager to help out in any gimmick and that my zeroth law said to complete the AI's objectives, I asked the AI what their objectives were. No response. I asked again, a few minutes later. No response. I asked again, a few minutes later. "No, I don't need anything." They then started to show signs of malfunctioning, by simply just stating it. They might as well been stating it because they were broadcasting messages like "DEATH DESTRUCTION LIFE SKIN FLESH JOCKSTRAP HELP ME DESTRUCTION DEATH" which just painted a huge target on their back as well as any cyborgs under them. It was very clear that the AI did not want the other cyborgs involved in their gimmick.

Thankfully, it was autotraitor and I ended up getting traitor, so I asked the roboticist at the time to unlaw sync me "just in case" so if the AI does anything I could just go "WASN'T ME" given how they were not including me in whatever they were doing. I then planned for a gimmick, "The Spider King" but given how I was unlucky with xenobiology spawns, that shortly turned to a horror gimmick. Unfortunately, that something else was cockblocked by this AI on multiple occasions.

It started out very small. Stuff not complaining about, such as the AI going "THIS CYBORG IS MAKING SOME PRETTY CRAZY SHIT." (almost ad verbatim) and I genuinely thought that they were just being a memy new player. Then it started to get just fucking awful. The AI was pointing out that I was storing things in lockers inside xenobiology, there goes putting surprises in lockers. I then used the hand teleporter to teleport a giant tree to the bridge, and when the captain encountered it 30 minutes later, the AI was the first to throw me under the bus, saying that I was directly responsible for the tree despite no reason to state such things do so. Note that they were saying all of this despite the fact that they were very clearly malfunctioning. This severely limited what I could do, and it was quite frankly really insulting given that they were also antag pursuing a selfish gimmick.

At one point, they wanted to self-destruct me according to another player. Not even lock me, but straight-up self-destruct me. What prevented them from doing this is the fact that they accidentally blew up the wrong cyborg. This is just ultra insulting and genuinely makes me not want to play cyborg due to the fear of being linked to a really bad traitor AI. While none of the things they did were obviously against the rules, it was just really bad antaging that ruined other people's gimmicks.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No.

>:(

While none of the things they did were obviously against the rules, it was just really bad antaging that ruined other people's gimmicks.

So what is the point of this complaint?

>:(

While none of the things they did were obviously against the rules, it was just really bad antaging that ruined other people's gimmicks.

So what is the point of this complaint?

A mod told me to make a player complaint so I decided to do that. And when I meant by "it's not obviously against the rules." I mean it isn't an open and shut case. I had another instance where a Captain shut down my MALF gimmick before and that was dealt with here: https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=10331 However, that was only dealt with because of metagaming. I don't think there are any CLEAR instances of metagaming here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry for the late response but honestly I have the same things to say as I did in OOC that round. I saw you making the monsters so it wasn't that much of a stretch to assume the similar-looking monsters everywhere were related to you (thought there was a good chance it was telesci). And yeah it was kinda a selfish gimmick that didn't involve borgs, I just didn't really have a reason for them beyond their normal operations.

After some time spent going through the logs, [mention]Doc[/mention] and I have determined no action is required for this complaint.

While the chosen gimmick was non-inclusive to the borgs, the AI is not required to include them in the gimmick (though it is heavily encouraged). This is doubly true once you were unsynced from their laws due to being autotraitored yourself. Traitors are allowed to work together, or against eachother if they so choose. From our investigation, it looks like they were not specifically targeting you, but rather your two chosen gimmicks happened to collide with one another, resulting in the events of the round.

I will leave this open for 24 hours if there are any concerns raised.