[Resolved] Player/Character Complaint: Hanna Walker

BYOND Key: BurgerBB

Game ID: BSL-aez6

Player Byond Key: Character: Hanna Walker

Staff involved: None

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No, as I feel that a discussion is needed and the round.

Approximate Date/Time: Feb 03rd, 2017, 6:00PM PST

Reason for complaint: This is a long one.

There was a strange visitor on the station, a wizard, who of course was peaceful. During the wizard's stay, Hanna Walker was continuously trying to provoke the wizard for absolutely no logical reason whatsoever. It was mostly taunts and insults, as well as things like "cmon fight back!" and other stupid bullshit.

kdB4iBP.png

t77MPre.png

The Wizard gave them what they wanted by letting them read a book, which subsequently ignited them, and later said this in LOOC which showed their intentions:

pkP3WAO.png

I would've honestly let this slide but later in the round she absolutely infuriated me. Because of that incident, the wizard had to localize his RP within security and ofc Hannah was there milking the velvety RP liquid of an interrogation and ~deep lore~. This whole situation got worse as the round progressed, as she got drunk as hell for some fucking reason and started slurring on security comms asking to arrest the commander, who earlier received wizard powers. She started also screaming about how her loyalty implanted commander is the "traitor" (literally used the word "traitor" despite it not making sense in any context except OOC.)

Hanna Walker is the absolute stereotype of a validhunting sec officer. Her character also stutters and I think that's worth a permaban on it's own tbh.

Wizard of that round chiming in here, just wanna put a little bit more of the story here. The first interactions with the crew I had was me teleporting into the bar, which Walker was in, and having her say what the hell to me teleporting in, pulling her gun out, and telling me to get on the floor. After a minute of a bar-goer defender me, a sec borg that walked in earlier tried to taze me, and I jaunted out.

Later on after having the HoP say it was alright I was on station, I was at cargo when Walker started to insult me, including at one point saying that all xenos should be purged. This eventually went on to me giving her the book in an attempt to have her cease.

Last thing that happend I wanna mention is sometime after me giving the HoS a student's contract, I was trying to give one to the RD, which Walker proceeded to disarm the RD, take the contract, and run off into maintenance, which they were arrested after.

She repeatedly was trying to antagonize me into attacking her, or another crew member. Attempting to force the escalation into me being a hostile element

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No, as I feel that a discussion is needed and the round.

You and others should have ahelped this so we could've dealt with it instead of letting it stretch across an entire round.

To be fair, I walked into Hanna Walker saying "Pussy, Chicken" so there might've been some context I missed, and there are no specific rules on baiting antags into conflict. Closest thing under it is "Don't be a dick" and "try to escalate conflict under a realistic manner", and for the entire round she was giving Dionaea shit so it might've been some poor attempt to be racist towards Xenos.

To be fair, I walked into Hanna Walker saying "Pussy, Chicken" so there might've been some context I missed, and there are no specific rules on baiting antags into conflict. Closest thing under it is "Don't be a dick" and "try to escalate conflict under a realistic manner", and for the entire round she was giving Dionaea shit so it might've been some poor attempt to be racist towards Xenos.

Making a complaint means there's an issue with the character that constitutes as a rule violation. The rules are not specific because if they were, the community would be greeted with a novel that lists every single specific case. Just heckling antags for the sake of it is not something reasonable, there needs to be reasoning behind peoples actions. Doing things for no reason, which translates to doing things for out of character reasons is not permitted.

Making a complaint means there's an issue with the character that constitutes as a rule violation. The rules are not specific because if they were, the community would be greeted with a novel that lists every single specific case. Just heckling antags for the sake of it is not something reasonable, there needs to be reasoning behind peoples actions. Doing things for no reason, which translates to doing things for out of character reasons is not permitted.

I was just under the impression that character complaints that border on player complaints should be posted here instead of ahelps as you have more than 2 sentences to argue why this should be dealt with, given how this is a lot of context usually needed for bad characters that aren't the obvious chucklefucks.

You could, this is simply a more lengthy process over a single incident. I'm not saying we won't oblige you, I am saying that being the ability to observe the round, watching their movement and a plethora of other things that aren't logged permits us to make a more sure and quicker decision. As we could uncover other things that may need attention.

It's still a possibility we find everything and more within the text logs, it's simply less of a chance than when brought to our attention during the round. It's also incredibly tedious.

Just in the future ahelp first, it takes a few seconds and saves all of us a bunch of time. If that doesn't work, you can bring it to the forums.

Chiming In here, Scientist who talked with the wizwoz for a very long time. Edgar and the Wiz were sitting casually in the bar when security walked in, forced everyone out and Hanna was screaming at the Wiz, inciting the LOOC comment. I feel like the character and the person were just trying to valid hunt and kill the wiz.

Yes there was a reason but even before, the entire sec team that round was antagonizing the peace wiz, even attacking him and trying to stun the Dionea Wiz without even a attack from the Wiz.

I was there IC for about 85% of the round and the rest I was ghosted and even after the HoS got wiz powers, Hanna charged her and tried to attack the HoS.

I feel like this is really just bade gameplay in general and antags can and should try to cause as much Roleplay as possible, which is their job, for everyone on the station. Science, Civilian, and Security Alike, we should all be affected by the antag, instead of one department like security just fighting the antag and the rest of the departments just sitting there bored, thats why CT is called because a lot of people are bored of the round cause the antag is either dead by security or arrested by security, and these people in security don't help it's case.

That is all, Thank you.

After reviewing the evidence, we've decided to give the player in question will be given a 7-day ban and a permanent ban until appeal from all security roles. This is the punishment we've decided to give based on the blatant validhunting that took place in the round.

If nothing new arises, this thread will be locked in 24 hours from now.