[Resolved] Character Complaint- JAIS

BYOND Key:Bygonehero

Game ID: bTB-doxw

Player Byond Key: Unknown

Staff involved:Datberry

Reason for complaint:Repetitive validhunty behaviors

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? : I did, yes but it was deemed that the issue was more in line with a complaint to bring issue with the whole of their behavior, not just the moments I have witnessed.

Approximate Date/Time:3/28/2018: 8:00PM EST

Comments I enjoy some of JAIS's roleplay, but what I enjoy and what I do not is few and far between, too often do they take on the role of some medbay nanny that protects everyone, without regard for their actual characters abilities or the context of the situation. Otherworldly, dare I say, COSMIC forces at work fighting the entire security department? JAIS goes at it with a crowbar, injecting herself into the situation when she shouldn't.A hostage situation or a Pig-faced Ghost killer appearing from nothing and murdering people? Fearless JAIS protects all. This, including frankly poor IPC play that borders on powergaming makes me dislike interacting with them. I HAVE had good interactions with them, but this is far from the norm, and the examples I gave do not include a litany of other examples, from what I understand they were spoken about before this complaint.

I play JAIS and yes, is like you say, I keep doing it all the time because when I enter a chaotic situation, I become rash and just try to make the reason of that fall to the ground to make a escape way, or place myself between the hostile and my allies so they can run.

Not part of the complaint reason itself, but JAIS feels more human than a robot. Remove their name from the interactions, and from an OOC perspective, it's very possible you won't realize they're a shell.

The same can be said about Lilly, their other character.

Another thing I'm trying to fix, if you could please help me with some advice, I would be very grateful.

I have tried things like changing their way of talking, not using contractions and expressing logical errors when something strange happens, like a walking skeleton or a wizard doing wizard things.

[mention]Ezuo[/mention] and I will be handling this complaint

We decided this complaint will fall into two main issues:

the disregard of fear and self preservation, which we will be handling directly.

And the quality of synthetic roleplay, which will involve [mention]CakeIsOssim[/mention] the synth lore dev.

I was the staff member who originally recieved the ahelp, but due to time constraints before round end and the possibility of synth lore issues being involved I suggested Bygone should make a complaint instead.

Before the round had ended I've checked your attack logs, and J.A.I.S was hit by a rubber bullet and a laser beam, before attacking the wizard with a crowbar twice.

I do not see the logic in this, when you've said the following in your whitelist app:

Yes, because J.A.I.S sees the things from the utility and efficiency point, for example,being in a chaotic situation would make other races to panic and take different decisions, but an IPC would chose the most efficient way to act according to the situation, so i think it would be very IPC-like.

There's no logic nor efficiency in getting yourself in harm's way to whack the antag with a crowbar when security is already handling the issue, not over reacting and rushing into situations is something you need to learn early on in a HRP server, and doubly so before being an IPC whitelistee where rushing into danger is much less punishing.

On the subject of synthetic roleplay, I've only had one deep interaction with one of your characters, Lily; I've always assumed they were only appearing to be an emotional 14 years old but that turned out to be the case when I had an interview with them on the issues they face as an IPC. their main complaint was "racism", when asked to expand they talked about how they were treated as equipment, is that not what IPCs are? This is not wrong or bad in itself, but further questions brought more emotional answers, in fact there was no logic at all, even a human had better logical thought process than Lilly, I don't understand how such an illogical and emotional IPC could be hired as a scientist.

It's been 2 months since your whitelist and there's been little progress, I would make a guess that is due to sticking with your IC friends and not leaving your comfort zone, this is especially true with Lilly, as I never see you play them when your white haired RD friend is not around.

From what I've read here, this is the kind of behavior I would consider low in quality even from a no-name human. As an IPC, you're held to an even higher standard and you are still being caught at a low level. I think it's time for you to re-evaluate what it means to be an IPC in-character, and I intend to get in touch with you personally about this [mention]ElChucho[/mention].

I was going to wait until cake made their post about having had a talk with Spanishman, so that I could make a clean final post and archive this. No such luck. As it stands Spanishman will be warned for the validhunting behavior on the server. This will be left unlocked until the final verdict from Cake comes in regarding synth play.

Before this complaint was even made, I had been receiving complaints about Spanishman's IPC characters. I've concluded that Spanishman is willing to make improvements and probably will. If not, I've also made it clear that a revocation of their whitelist will be considered.