Character Complaint- R.I.P.

BYOND Key: BygoneHero

Game ID: bTR-c3fG

Player Byond Key:Elohi Adanvdo

Staff involved: ReadThisNamePlz

Reason for complaint: Completely unbecoming behavior of a command staff.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No, I did not because the round demanded my full attention at the time

Approximate Date/Time: 4/13/2018 6:20 EDT

Notes: The character R.I.P made it impossible to enjoy the round with their rude remarks and unprofessional behaviors. They were having power trips while the station was falling apart around them and then continued to undermine station command communication while an ongoing emergency occurred. This is not behavior that is expected of a command staff whitelisted player.

As you stated in the complaint, the round demanded full attention just because of how hectic it was. Everyone was demanding medical's attention, and RIP was attempting to keep the crew calm as well as their staff. I was bombarded by calls for help, trying to help the Captain out (unsuccessfully, sadly), coordinating with medical and command at the same time while also dealing with a stream or patients coming and going, one of which committed suicide in the lobby. Throughout this, RIP was trying to communicate with the AI. I do not have evidence as my BYOND crashed, and it was scattered everywhere, but I'll try and give a run-down of what happened.

-Enter the station and medical, try to gear while being demanded for immediate help after Captain's cloning, and trying to get an assessment of the situation.

- Situation wasn't really explained well, except for overhearing the RD and the AI talking to each other about memeitics (??) or something along the lines of that, basically translating into "waves of psychosis" as people tried to scrabble for RIP's attention. Unfortunately, they had to neglect a lot to try and coordinate with command because they had no idea what they were walking into. I understand that all command and the AI had a situation to deal with personally, especially the AI who had to listen to cries for help themselves.

- AI wanted to alert the crew about the psychic waves. The player claimed RIP was against it, while they actually said, "Go ahead, it might make the situation worse, but also possibly help it" (as in people might be more understanding).

- AI further talks to the RD about possibly having the crew be knocked out because you can't be "infected" by the waves if you cannot have thoughts. RIP piped up and suggest sedating the crew en-mass if situation worsens, to get everyone into isolation for screening safely and to be determined if they could be released or held until a solution could be found. AI says they can do this. Talk with command, all agree to do so only when the situation escalates (which it shortly did). This was all done very well, and calmly.

- AI then alerts the crew without asking over announcements the plan to release the gas. This somewhat distresses RIP, as the crew are now aware of the plan and will panic, which they did, grabbing EVA suits and internals to resist sedation. Those that were experiencing a psychosis would now be able to kill the unconscious crew that were still fighting the psychic waves. In which case, would worsen the situation. Gas was not released yet, but the crew was still alerted to it happening. RIP told the AI to not alert the crew for the reasons stated.

- Shit hits the fan, it was time to play Gulag Station 13. The gas of choice used was N2O fed into supply to safely sedate the crew without death. However, the AI initially ignored RIP's commands after their scolding of them because they were "rather rude". I feel a little uncertain of this bit, as I feel that AIs aren't supposed to be emotionally touchy because emotion would get in the way of logic and law-following, and instead follow their laws and assist command to the best of their capabilities- and ignoring command that was trying to coordinate during a crisis is what I see as poor AI RP (though it's understandable, that round was pretty rough enough to make someone break that). My character can be a hardass with one personality, and the situation was turning into a stressful crisis which made them a bit abrasive, but I don't recall using anything abrasive other than "bloody AI" (aka, you fool).

- The AI stated that they were only listening to the RD's orders, in which case the RD ordered the AI to listen to RIP. At that point, the AI ignored both, stating that it was the Captain's orders for them to not listen to RIP. As it were, RIP was standing next to the Captain, and they had not heard a single word relating to that next to him or on the command channel or otherwise. RIP asked the Captain to make sure, who was acting rather catatonic at the time (they had brain damage that only made them blind ICly), and the Captain told the AI to listen to RIP.

- Gave the orders to gas the station. However, using the cans alerted Engineering, and the AI's borgs and the engineering department ended up fighting each other about it. I understand that the AI had to really deal with that. Additionally, the AI alerted the crew yet again, after orders not to previously stated, further adding to their and everyone else's stress. RIP did yell a little at the AI, again, along the lines of "BLOODY AI". It was frustrating to RIP for having to deal with poor communication and being ignored by the AI for something so crucial for the safety of the crew. RIP also had to ask the AI several times if the plan was being executed, several times, all the while having to calm down staff and crew and telling them everything was going to be all right. I think someone suicides at this point in our lobby with a gun while trying to get an answer out of the AI. Captain was still more or less catatonic, couldn't do anything about him yet because RIP was trying to coordinate how to calm the situation down so they could attend to them.

- Mass panic because of gasses spreading, reports of borgs attacking crew, and crew killing one another. RIP was trying to repair the Captain's brain damage with surgery (yes, I know that it could be cured with something else, but there wasn't time and they had to do something- Alkysine wasn't working). There was a lot of calls for help during this time, which sadly had to be ignored because 1. CMO, not security, can't go into active fights without endangering themselves, and they are not combative in the slightest, 2. Trying to help the Captain so they could get to the bridge and communicate with Central for the situation, 3. Those yelling about the gas were just whining about bedtime and would have more or less been safe if there weren't any attackers around.

- Took the Captain to their office, AI and RIP worked well to help the Captain out to get there. Good stuff. RIP had to go back and try to work on a cure for the Captain while the rest of the station was being worked on being sedated.

- Captain was asking if RIP believed the situation was contained, which was highly debatable. It was hard to keep track of conversations with the influx of calls that were being had, and both of our questions to one another may have gotten lost in the signal. They asked if it was contained, and RIP did manage to respond that it was debatable, but everyone was at least being incredibly hampered by the gas (cans were used so the spread may have been uneven and weak). Kudos to the AI for executing the plan, but didn't have the time to ICly say so. I did not realize what the Captain was actually planning at this point.

- Captain hit Code Delta to destroy the station and prevent the spread of insanity to elsewhere after contacting Central. 100% understanding. RIP had to deal with whoever was still in the lobby, a religious woman begging RIP for them to stop Delta as they struggled to remain awake from the gas. RIP asked about it to the Captain while they apologized to the woman, if the station was simply going to be destroyed (their goal was to help the crew), and I believe the Captain lied to RIP saying no, which was fine, also understanding. AI also lied and told everyone would be safe in their core (lol) moments before disaster. Also fine. A good, dramatic end.

It was a massive mess, and that's mostly what I remember, hopefully it's all correct and the logs can prove so unless the game broke the fourth wall and I'm experiencing psychosis as well, and I hope I explained well enough that it was legible this time.

The nature of this complaint more or less revolves around very poor communication: it seemed like no one was listening to anyone because there was mass panic and a lot of calls on communications. Everyone had something to deal with, and all command and the AI were overloaded with cries for help. There was text flying up in the chat, and it was overall very hard to see what was happening from the beginning when RIP boarded. To try to counteract that ICly, RIP raised their voice to try to get some form of response from anyone to try and coordinate, frustrated with lack thereof in an emergency, more or less only around the release of the gas. OOCly, I completely understand that everyone was overworked and flooded in text, and that a lot of people had to be ignored for the greater good. It wasn't fun, and could have been OOCly stressful. I know my brain was frying a bit trying to keep up with everything. It got to the point where I even forgot to italicize RIP's speech so people could differentiate the two personalities in the chassis.

To [mention]Bygonehero[/mention], I am sincerely sorry that I have ruined that round for you. I understand wanting to play a rare position that you can only get once in a blue moon, and was not my intention whatsoever to do to you. I barely get to play as much as I like in general, so I completely understand and sympathize with you. To anyone RIP had to ignore, I am also sorry. It's no fun to be ignored, but there was a lot on RIP's plate as CMO (and any other command/AI role), trying to figure out what was best for the entirety of the station. The round was a big, confusing and literal clusterfuck, especially for command, and I think we can all at least agree on that. Mass Effect Panic (I never played the game myself but I heard others refer to the round as ME-related) was a good game mode, good gimmic, but completely disorienting with the sheer amount of utter chaos and was possibly rather stressful for both sides of the screen. I hope there's no hard feelings between anyone.

I would like to say that my character's actions were justified, although hard to understand in all the panic at the time. But if people want me to play an overloaded character in a round that was so demanding of an incapacitated department with more tranquility than calling the core a bloody AI and trying desperately to coordinate with it in a crucial time, then I will do so if it's called upon.

Yeah. It obviously didn't work, and I didn't have time to think through, "man, this ain't working". All I was thinking is "HOLY SHIT PEOPLE ARE DYING EVERYWHERE AND THEY ALL WANT MY ATTENTION AI WE GOTTA APPLY OUR PATENTED NAPTIME FORMULA ALL READY SO I CAN". I know you weren't intentionally ignoring me OOCly, although ICly your AI might have been a bit disgruntled. But all in all, glad I could smooth things out and we could reach a conclusion on a good note. I will try to be a bit more collected with such extreme rounds- that was my first as CMO with such nightmare-level discord, and now I know what to expect. Even if it is hell.

Hope to play a round again with you, hopefully it'll be far less hectic!