[Resolved] Player Complaint: Arrow768

BYOND Key: Chen Yakumo

Game ID: bUv-c5d6

Player Byond Key: Arrow768

Staff involved: Juani

Reason for complaint: Immediately following the very first announcement in the round he, as Captain Paul Jonson, armed Security with lethals, prepared for the massive amount of murderboning that came after. The entire round was loyalists executing unarmed members of what was then the former crew, demoted to visitors.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? Yes. He said that he believed the action was justified, but encouraged me to make a player complaint if I felt it was not.

Approximate Date/Time: 5/23/2018, from ~4PM to ~6PM, Eastern Standard Time.

Notes: I've noticed this Captain making questionable decisions before, and have noticed that he has a tendency to escalate any conflict in the round to the absolute most extreme it can be, in the least amount of time. A few weeks back, he executed an SSD Wizard, claiming that he thought it was pain crit. While I'm in no way trying to implicate that it was a lie, I am starting to question the player's capability to handle a command role. This round is essentially the nail in the head. True, he was a Loyalist. And true, it was Revolution. Many members of the 'Revolution' didn't have time to do any antagging, however. They were executed with the rest of the crew in a wholesale bloodbath. The xenomorph event we had recently felt less murderbone than this round, and we had Death Squad in that event. A lot of us who were killed didn't even really get to RP very much before we were. We were just killed. Ganked, almost. On this Captain's orders.

A few weeks back, he executed an SSD Wizard, claiming that he thought it was pain crit. While I'm in no way trying to implicate that it was a lie, I am starting to question the player's capability to handle a command role.

Hi, so I don't have much to say on the complaint, I actually like Arrow as a captain, but this part is false. I'm the one who killed that wiz. And I did think he was in paincrit. Might wanna add some more context around the revolution round the complaint is about, too.

To get something out of the way:

A few weeks back, he executed an SSD Wizard

I do not remember that incident, please provide a round id or a exact date so the admins that will handle the complaint can look that up in the logs.

Also, why didnt you ahelp it at the time ?

Onto the rest:

I talked to cargo and mining after the first announcement to ensure we are able to bring in some profits and possibly turn that vote (that was mentioned in the announcement) around.

One of the cargo techs has been promoted to qm.

I informed all of cargo that there will be some crew members that are going to be reassigned to mining and informed them that some of those reassignments might not be willing.

The cadet (our only security member at the time) has received officer gear as they claimed they were trained.

No other weapons have been handed out before the second announcement.

I´ve worked with science and the HoP. We assigned science and robotics projects that we can sell to central, again to turn that vote around.

Fast forward to the second announcement.

I assigned two engineers as asset protection and asked them if they were trained in their usage.

They have been handed energy carbines and received a brief introduction in their use and sent off to engineering.

I have received word from one of the scientists, that the bartender (who has been detained) attempted to get them to build a EMP grenade.

To give the revs a good show I decided to borgify them immediately for mutinity.

He Bartender, as know as Erin MacGregor told me to make EMPs to resist.

Against your borgs and everything.

Like I said before, the bartender, called Erin MacGregor is trying to resist against NT. He told me to build EMPs to help 'then'.

I moved them to robotics and encountered the CMO in the hallway with a pistol drawn.

It pretty much looked like a lynch squad since the CMO previously declared that "since they are no longer part of the crew they will sit in the bar." and now they are in the hallway with a gun drawn after I received info that there is a hostile group on the station that is working against NT.

So I decided to make a run for it.

The CMO and his lynchsquad followed me and one of them managed to get into cargo.

There was a report on coms about the assistant being spotted with a stun baton earlier.

That is why I decided to use my baton to keep them on the floor until reinforcements arrived.

They tried to hack in through the airlock to get to the bartender, that I was still towing and the assistant.

The Ai disabled the power to cargo to keep them outside and delay them.

The engineer with the CMO continued to hack into cargo (CMO still had his gun drawn).

When the reinforcements arrived the CMO opened fire on them and that sparked the whole gunfight where I moved in and kept them down with the telebaton.

While I asked over coms for cuffs for all of them the CMO managed to get up and inject me with some and some of the responders with a strong sedative that knocked us out for a while.

The HoP arrived and I had them all moved to robotics for borgification for attempted murder.

I have later been informed (via the ahelp) that the assistant in cargo was not part of the CMOs lynchsquad.

At the time it seemed exactly like that since they:

• Were running around with the CMO who had his gun out in the hallway on code green
  • Continued to pursue me with the CMO
  • Was reported to be (or have been) in possession of a stun baton.

Yes, in hindsight I should have given them a chance to say why they followed me into cargo when they did, but the CMO and the engineer were hacking in from the outside and I was in there with a assistant who was potentially armed with a stun weapon.

The plan at the time was to get on the elevator with the assistant and the prisoner to head to the surface level of cargo and evade the CMO.

But actually that is all besides your complaint and just context.

Since that is your complaint:

Immediately following the very first announcement in the round he, as Captain Paul Jonson, armed Security with lethals, prepared for the massive amount of murderboning that came after. The entire round was loyalists executing unarmed members of what was then the former crew, demoted to visitors.

The part that I armed security with lethals after the first announcement is not true.

Yes, I worked to get various crew members to join the loyalists. But I did not hand out lethal weapons.

A few weeks back, he executed an SSD Wizard, claiming that he thought it was pain crit. While I'm in no way trying to implicate that it was a lie, I am starting to question the player's capability to handle a command role.

Hi, so I don't have much to say on the complaint, I actually like Arrow as a captain, but this part is false. I'm the one who killed that wiz. And I did think he was in paincrit. Might wanna add some more context around the revolution round the complaint is about, too.

Hello! I think I remember this round as I was the one who dealt with that. I'm on the other side of the country right now and checking in on my phone so I can't go into depth right now.

If this one needs discussing in the course of this thread I'll be able to weigh in from tonight onwards.

With that, I'd like to say that my investigation into the logs and witness testimony lines up with what Arrow has said, and I didn't see any glaring issues crop up. If there's no additional concerns within the next 24 hours, I will be locking and archiving.