[Unresolved] Player Complaint - Scheveningen

We will be looking into the constructive response guidelines on complaint threads to maybe lessen future incidents like this one in the future.

This thread will be locked, archived, and marked as resolved in 24 hours from this post.

This complaint seemed to had been handled a long while ago, and there were some legitimate grievances that were brought up in the original complaint. This is going to be very blunt and to the point, without sugarcoating anything. If certain parties are offended at us saying that you are easily offended, the point proves itself. Anyway-

Burger has a tendency to dish out jokes and heated discussions, but often times complains or is offended when they or their projects are subject to similar jokes/discussion.

Schev has a tendency to enter discussions they are not involved in at all and input their perspective. Commentary, although needed in some places, should be handled with tact.

Advice to Burger:

Some of these will relate to the original reasons / screen-grabs on the complaint.

The Aurora Staff has an ability to moderate the community. That's usually always just the server, forums, and discord server. We step in sometimes on issues that come up about direct messages.

For the ss13 Reddit community, if you feel there is an issue, please report it via the mods on r/ss13

If you feel that people are not contributing /providing feedback to the discussion yet complain about it on Reddit or general- this isn't against the rules. People complain all the time. There is no rule that states "you can only complain if you intend to fix the problem or work to help it". If people see something they don't like, they can say it without providing alternatives.

There are a lot of issues that are best dealt with individually- between the person who you have an issue with and yourself. While we'd like you to continue reporting possible incidents, it may be best to deal with minor issues yourself.

There is a huge difference between being offended and disagreeing with someone. I don't know if there was miscommunication involved, or any communication between you and the moderator I talked to, but this is definitely not the case. I'm completely fine with feedback or complaints, however feedback that contributes nothing to the thread or is completely and utterly useless to me is completely unwelcome especially if it's done by the same people over and over again with their stale, boring, negative attitude. I was under the impression that several staff members knew about these repeat offenders due to the numerous conversations I've had with staff members regarding this issue, privately and publicly, but given this synopsis on the situation it seems like the staff have differing opinions on the matter.

And I think that's the problem here. Shitty feedback isn't against the rules when it should. Feedback should actually be constructive instead of just the same few people whining constantly. I bet you money that the people I'm referring to have most of their posts done in the suggestion's forums and nowhere else, when that's honestly a problem. People are aware that this is a huge problem, everyone I've talked to about this issue, including staff, say that I should stop making feedback threads because you never actually get good feedback. I think that's a serious problem especially when the more large scale ideas I have require feedback threads.

I'm going to be brutally honest and say that I would be coding for aurorastation a lot more if feedback threads were actually constructive.

-snip-

I'm completely fine with feedback or complaints, however feedback that contributes nothing to the thread or is completely and utterly useless to me is completely unwelcome especially if it's done by the same people over and over again with their stale, boring, negative attitude.

-snip-

And I think that's the problem here. Shitty feedback isn't against the rules when it should. Feedback should actually be constructive instead of just the same few people whining constantly.

-snip-

everyone I've talked to about this issue, including staff, say that I should stop making feedback threads because you never actually get good feedback. I think that's a serious problem especially when the more large scale ideas I have require feedback threads.

Then I think we're at a good understanding. You create feedback threads, and believe a few things about the feedback you recieve: it is utterly useless, unwelcome, and is stale, boring, and negative. You do not tolerate "shitty" feedback.

If you are unable to ignore said feedback, do not request it. Follow the advice that "everyone [...] including staff," says that you should- stop making feedback requests. When a fisherman casts his net into the sea, he should not complain when he catches weeds. You, the fisherman, should look only for the fish. If you are not catching fish, stop casting your net.

There's nothing more I will be stating on this issue.

I mean, I don't expect you to be the arbitrator of what is "shitty feedback" or not, that's an admin or a moderator's job. I really don't like your concept of thinking 'shitty feedback' (which is a subjective issue if anything else, and super hard to argue) should be a punishable offense straight up because you didn't like how someone formulated their sentences. You're suggesting censorship of opinions you think are 'shitty' should be enforced by staff, rather than doing the sensible thing and just ignoring them or dealing with the disagreement in DMs.

I mean, I don't expect you to be the arbitrator of what is "shitty feedback" or not, that's an admin or a moderator's job. I really don't like your concept of thinking 'shitty feedback' (which is a subjective issue if anything else, and super hard to argue) should be a punishable offense straight up because you didn't like how someone formulated their sentences. You're suggesting censorship of opinions you think are 'shitty' should be enforced by staff, rather than doing the sensible thing and just ignoring them or dealing with the disagreement in DMs.

That is not what I'm suggesting at all.

There is a huge difference between being offended and disagreeing with someone. I don't know if there was miscommunication involved, or any communication between you and the moderator I talked to, but this is definitely not the case. I'm completely fine with feedback or complaints, however feedback that contributes nothing to the thread or is completely and utterly useless to me is completely unwelcome especially if it's done by the same people over and over again with their stale, boring, negative attitude. I was under the impression that several staff members knew about these repeat offenders due to the numerous conversations I've had with staff members regarding this issue, privately and publicly, but given this synopsis on the situation it seems like the staff have differing opinions on the matter.

I don't know what you're implying, then.

People don't need your consent to express an opinion.

I don't know what you're implying, then.

People don't need your consent to express an opinion.

I've said: "There is a problem that exists with people giving feedback."

What you've got from that statement: "People who should give bad feedback should be punished!"

Never have I asked for anyone to be banned. Never have I asked for anyone to be lynched. Never have I asked for any sort of punishment in this thread.

Yet apparently here you are.

So why did you open this complaint, reopened once, even, because you weren't satisfied before-- if you weren't attempting to seek staff action (ergo, a form of punishment)?

You didn't seek me out in DMs. I was the one that sought you out after you made the complaint. You're going to tell me you had honest to God good intentions coming out of this if you didn't even bother to try to seek me out to talk to me in the first place? Just saying. It's either you're not telling the truth here or you sought the wrong way to go about this.

You have consistently said that several members of this community and the forums are giving you depression and you are not enjoying the attitudes here. I'm not gonna dispute that or your other experiences here not relating to me, but you should consider taking a break for at least half a week or so to unscrew your head and decide how you want to go from there. Because these negative attitudes you're talking about are manifesting a negative response that I'm seeing in you.