[Resolved] Complaint. KieranWise - CMO Gonzales | 4/07/2018 | 3:05 (CEST)

BYOND Key: KieranWise

Game ID: bVa-dDOm

Player Byond Key: CMO Gonzales (don't know his key)

Staff involved: TheDocOct (not too much, but he knows a bit of what happened)

Reason for complaint: First of all, since TheDocOct told me that it was an IC issue, I wanted to fill an IC complaint, but I couldn't cause it was not a canon round. However Doc suggested me to do an OOC one then, so here I am. When I joined the round as Surgeon, I was told that there were intruders, so I started kidding about joining them if they were paying more than NT, clearly jokes, you can get the logs and read them, but I never left Medbay, or made any action that would lead to thinking that I was actually joining them, actually I had been preparing the OR all the time before this happened. CMO was held a hostage for some time, then he came and I was speaking to him (I was having a bit of fun, teasing him about the hostage thing), but I even checked with the med analyzer if he was okay. So he just came to me, injected me with the hypospray, got me into a straightjacket, stole my ID and went away, leaving me unconscious, straightjacked, at the medical lobby. Then I was arrested cause he ordered so. That's not something a CMO would do for just some jokes, am I right? As I said, I would fill an IC, but since it was not canon, but this wasn't a normal behaviour, yeah, I made a couple of jokes and I was kidding about joining them, but if you are the CMO you don't rush with the hypospray and straightjacket the guy, stealing his PDA with the ID inside. He didn't even try to speak about it, cause he had the hypsopray superpower. Thank you.

Here when I tried to speak to him (instead of beating him) after doing that to me. He just injected me again, without saying a word. Is this how a department chief handles the situation?

63643dff1c40ebf1d494fc29952c6c52.png

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? Yes I did, but TheDocOct said it was an IC issue. (I don't have anything bad to say about TheDocOct, he tried to help me)

Approximate Date/Time: 3:05 (CEST) 04/07/2018

So everyone is on the same page, I ahelped before doing this and was told it was acceptable. You kept making the same 'joke'. OOCly I was sure you were self antagging. ICly, If I've just been held at gunpoint and then shot, I am not going to take well to some guy joking about it, which I'm barely sure is a joke, and telling me I was not shot. I couldn't call security, I couldn't demote you, so I gave you 5 units of sedative, restrained you, and kicked you out, taking your ID to keep you out of the department.

There is a reason security arrested you about 5 times after that.

The fact that I was arrested after this happened is just because I tried to speak to you, getting into Medbay, and when I finally found you, I tried to speak (instead of hitting you or something), and you, again, no words, just hypospray.

I never said that you were not shot, I even got a med analyzer to check if you were okay... I never left the Medbay, and, as the CMO, if you ''don't take well a joke'', you can't just sedate me, get me in a straightjacket and steal my PDA with the ID.

You didn't even try to speak to me, do you think that someone 'self antagging' would have been there, preparing an OR, checking if you were okay with an analyzer? Since you had the hypospray, you just used it. Why would you ask? It's not like this is a roleplay server, isn't it?

It should be noted that you have largely quoted the wrong person. I only informed you that you could not make an incident report due to the nature of the mercenary influence. Everything else would have been handled by [mention]ReadThisNamePlz[/mention], to my knowledge of the round.

Hello, I'd like to throw my two cents in considering I was the person who allowed Resilynn to actually go through with this.

I gave them the go ahead after they ahelped requesting permission because you were,

Joking about going to work with the intruders in a situation, security was busy dealing with the intruders or they were incapacitated/dead.

And apparently teasing them from what Resi and you have both said.

Those are the two main reasons I cleared this as an IC issue. Doc merely reinforced it.

Now, I was not aware the CMO didn't talk to you or provide any real RP when they were sedating you, etc. I was under the impression that they would have provided some sort of RP, and according to you, they did not. Maybe that is my fault for not reinforcing it to them in the ticket they opened.

I'm not handling this complaint, I just wanted to put the reasoning that this was decided to be an IC issue by myself.

(Edited to make it a bit more clear that I got the teasing thing from the complaint.)

It is a roleplay server.

That's why I took my character's stress level after being shot and kidnapped into account when I reacted. And why, after just being stun batoned, I sedated you a second time, after you'd broken into medical. Earlier you broke in, by the way, by stealing an officer's weapon and smashing through the glass. We're on red alert, I've been barely keeping people alive, I've been shot, hit, batoned. I'm not taking any chances.

As for whether I interacted with you or not, we had an entire radio argument on whether your 'joke' was acceptable. We had a conversation before I sedated you, which is why I chose to sedate you. I even copy pasted what you said to readthisnameplz when I asked if it was acceptable to move forward.

so....

Was kieran sedated and jacketed before or after he broke into medical? I assume before since his ID was gone? Heres what grinds my gears about this complaint though. "im stressed" is essentially a convenient excuse to self-antag. Sometimes its reasonable but its so absurdly overused and theres never any consequence for flagrantly disobeying regulations because antag rounds are not canon.

As for whether I interacted with you or not, we had an entire radio argument on whether your 'joke' was acceptable. We had a conversation before I sedated you, which is why I chose to sedate you.

Wait.. you where aware IC that kieran was just making jokes and you and read both decided it was a good idea to sedate and jacket him? You're gonna have to walk me through this series of events step by step because i really really hope i am missing something. Otherwise this sounds like super shit behavior.

I wasn't aware IC or OOC that it was a joke. I had a doctor, on red alert, who kept loudly talking on comms we knew were compromised about how he'd like to work for the mercs who had killed a good half of security at this point.

Before being kidnapped, he had been making these comments. A chemist that same round was also talking on the radio about how glad she was something was finally happened, which is when I first ahelped about how we had two people in our department loudly celebrating the presence of mercs to see if it was acceptable. Around this time, there is an argument on medical radio about whether what they're saying is okay- at no point do they say it is a joke.

I get kidnapped. I buy my way out of it, I come back to medical. I've been shot (nonlethally), an ERT is here, most of security is dead, and my doctor is standing beside me still talking about how he'd work for them. This is when I ahelp again and explain that I can't call security and this guy is all but advertising his services to the mercs. I don't want him in my department, I have patients to handle, I can't have him removed by any normal means- security is dead or in a gunfight at the moment. So, explaining this, I ahelp, am given the go ahead, and I give him 5 units of sedatives, I put the jacket on him, I remove his ID, and I set him just outside of the medical doors where I know he'll be relatively safe.

As the situation calms down, I walk security through what I did and why. When the captain arrives, I walk him through what I did and why.

Throughout the rest of the round, he keeps breaking into medical- at one point stealing an officer's stunbaton and breaking glass to get in. I sedated him and removed him once more, after the stun baton incident, and had security carry him away 2-3 times.

so....

Was kieran sedated and jacketed before or after he broke into medical? I assume before since his ID was gone? Heres what grinds my gears about this complaint though. "im stressed" is essentially a convenient excuse to self-antag. Sometimes its reasonable but its so absurdly overused and theres never any consequence for flagrantly disobeying regulations because antag rounds are not canon.

As for whether I interacted with you or not, we had an entire radio argument on whether your 'joke' was acceptable. We had a conversation before I sedated you, which is why I chose to sedate you.

Wait.. you where aware IC that kieran was just making jokes and you and read both decided it was a good idea to sedate and jacket him? You're gonna have to walk me through this series of events step by step because i really really hope i am missing something. Otherwise this sounds like super shit behavior.

This all being said, the straight jacket was overkill and I absolutely should have tried kicking him out of medical verbally before doing so physically. I think I was justified in kicking him out, and I ahelped to see if the method I wanted to use to kick him out was acceptable. But I could have given him more of a chance and I could have incapacitated him for much less time.

Stress sounds like a bad excuse for me... if you are stressed you yell at me, or maybe you punch me in the face... but you don't sedate me with the hypospray, drag me across Medbay (that includes the stairs), into the Psych Wing to straightjacket me, to steal my PDA, and then drag me all across Medbay AGAIN to leave me outisde, unconscious. You are playing a Chief, you should be able to handle the stress better than that, cause that was not a normal behaviour.

Also, there was an argument through the radio, and I'm sure that I clearly confirmed that I was kidding at some point (check the logs, I'm 99% sure), however, when you came back to Medbay, you saw me there, working, doing my job... and you didn't say anything face to face, you escalated it directly into what you did. I would say that a surgeon deserves, at least, to be asked about what happened before assaulting him like that.

I think that my jokes, or the stress are not excuses to do that.

Oh, and again, I broke into Medbay because I wanted to talk to you, to get back my ID (without ID, I don't have my money, I don't have access...), and since Medbay was kind of fucked (many windows broken) it was not that hard to break in, it was a chaotic situation where I really needed my ID (I even got trapped in maint before that happened)

[01:38:30] bVa-dDOm SAY: KieranWise/(Zack Lambda) : (Ceti Basic) I'm kidding, holy shit

[01:38:35] bVa-dDOm SAY: KieranWise/(Zack Lambda) : (Ceti Basic) Do you need a sarcasm sign

You over reacted resilynn. In fact everyone involved in this complaint is kind of dumb. sooooo

[mention]Resilynn[/mention] dont chloral and jacket your own staff like that. Call security or something

[mention]Kappa[/mention] dont tell jokes like that. its going to get you into trouble.

Resilynns actions are a little more reasonable with the logs.