[Resolved]Char Complaint: XanderDox - Klaus Eliade

BYOND Key: XanderDox

Game ID: Unable to provide.

Player Byond Key: Arrow768

Staff involved: Synnono

Reason for complaint:

The character in question was involved in a canon incident where they detained (as a HoS) the rest of command on the illegitimate charge of mutinity.

Said Character is now a captain.

I find it highly unlikely that someone who was found guilty by ccia of detaining the other command members, seizing power of the station and effectively overthrowing command would be promoted to the position of captain anytime soon.

I dont have any issues with any other captain characters they play, but that specific char becoming a captain is highly questionable.

Those are the CCIA notes from the employment record of the char in question.

9/25/2459 - Temporarily suspended from holding a position within the Command Staff. This action will expire on 10/25/2459.

9/25/2459 - Officially Reprimanded for the detainment of another Head of Staff without sufficient evidence and the illegitimate charging of Mutiny.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No, I believed it to be an IC issue, but was informed by Synnono that it is a ooc issue.

Approximate Date/Time: Unable to provide.

No, I believed it to be an IC issue, but was informed by Synnono that it is a ooc issue.

Specifically, my thoughts on the matter are summarized by this:

• There is an IC reprimand on the character for actions they took in a certain command role. As far as CCIA goes, this is the end of that particular issue until a new issue creates a pattern of behavior.
  • There is no OOC policy in place preventing a command character from joining the round as a Captain (as their whitelist allows them to do), and there is no staff policy in place that otherwise encourages us in CCIA to restrict characters who have been reprimanded for any reason from doing so.
  • The reporting player's disposition is that a character with this reprimand joining as a captain is not believable, which makes it an OOC character believability issue per the server's rules.

Edited by Guest

Specifically, my thoughts on the matter are summarized by this:

• There is an IC reprimand on the character for actions they took in a certain command role. As far as CCIA goes, this is the end of that particular issue until a new issue creates a pattern of behavior.
  • There is no OOC policy in place preventing a command character from joining the round as a Captain (as their whitelist allows them to do), and there is no staff policy in place that otherwise encourages us in CCIA to restrict characters who have been reprimanded for any reason from doing so.

I'm going to echo this. I was not banned from promotion. Klaus has served the company for many years, and that is the only incident he has on record.

I am not retiring Klaus (I am secbanned) because I enjoy him immensely as a character.

So we've discussed this, since that is all we can do as there is nothing to investigate and we have decided to take no action against the character of [mention]Azande[/mention] .

CCIA have declared that the reprimand would have no effect on further promotion and while I would agree with your sentiments were the reprimand recent, with the fact that next month it'll be exactly an entire year since the record was set I have to disagree.

If the CCIA thought the charge was AS serious as you make it out to be [mention]Arrow768[/mention] , they would have served out an appropriate injuction against the character. Thus we have no reason to adopt a different mindset. It appears the CCIA hoped to give the character a second chance, he has had a spotless record the entire year and thus I assume meets the requirements.

This complaint will remain open for the next 24 hours for discussion.