Player Complaint: Whole Merc team from bVE-agaz]

BYOND Key: AmoryBlaine

Game ID: bVE-agaz]

Player Byond Key: Kyres1, FreshRefreshments, DickFreedomJohnson, Doxxmedearly.

Staff involved: N/A

Reason for complaint:

Rule infractions concerning:

-Only resort to killing if it makes sense or drives a story.

-No ganking.

-Don't be a dick.

-The primary goal of antangonists is to DRIVE A STORY AND TO GENERATE INTERACTION.

Kyres1, FreshRefreshments, DickFreedomJohnson, Doxxmedearly. These four board the station, they do not state their intent, we do not engage them, with our only knowledge being they are heavily armed and we are without Command staff, an AI, or a Warden. After I ask why they're here, they state it is to steal things. We do not get in their way. We plan, in the event that they engage us, to fight back so we hand out what weapons we have after the Warden arrives. After taking the Captain's spare, and after taking the Vault hardsuits, they come to Security. They kill one officer for no reason, and begin to slaughter the rest, who retreat. The rest of the round is Security being shot at and killed by a much more heavily equipped team, who are stealing things, and not interacting with anyone at all, unless it is to tell them to get out of their way, or to kill them. They at no point try to rectify the original unjust and unquestionably rule-breaking murder, but instead continue to assault Security. They did not roleplay with the station, they were in the round solely to steal items, rack up kills and leave the station.

I cannot stress to you how much we complied, outwardly and to their knowledge, with staying out of their way, just to be blasted for no good reason at all.

I do find the most responsible parties to be;

-FreshRefreshments who killed a down and dying Detective Fabe Dante by decapitation, and then an Engineer in the same fashion. They state they killed Fabe for being "annoying" as he shot at them while they attacked Security, and the Engineer for charging them- they stated that the Engineer's decapitation was not intended. Mind you FreshRefreshments was in an authentic Breacher suit, with an energy glaive. Why they would feel threatened by an Engineer, enough so to inflict serious damage to them, decaptiation or not, confuses me.

- DickFreedomJohnson who instigated hostilities by shooting an Officer for no reason, LOOCing, "Welcome to KoS" as he engaged an Officer who questioned the murder, and screamed in OOC, "TWICE I HAVE WON MERC IN A ROW" after the round. By accounts of both sides- and himself- he was playing to win.

3569de59daddd8724e0d4b1ee846841e.png2ee0ebba155c9f50d44a0e0d50e444fd.png

You'll be able to see more of his actions in the logs, and AOOC.

-Kyres1 who was the one who came up with the plan and was leading the mercs. Zero attempts were made to defuse hostilities, that his team created, and rather they doubled down on the actions taken, by assaulting Security twice more. At almost every turn, Security was on barely able to even stay on the defense, and outside of Willow Harper, who was kidnapped, and the department staff who were told to stay out of the way, the Mercs made no attempts to incorporate them into the round's events.

Here's the names of the IC characters they all played;

172b0f19ef1b8724279a4c368208202c.png

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation?

Yes, for forty minutes. And no actions at all. Other than being directed to make thing complaint.

Approximate Date/Time: I'm sure it can be figured out.

"- DickFreedomJohnson who instigated hostilities by shooting an Officer for no reason, LOOCing, "Welcome to KoS" as he engaged an Officer who questioned the murder, and screamed in OOC, "TWICE I HAVE WON MERC IN A ROW" after the round. By accounts of both sides- and himself- he was playing to win. "

To start I'd like to explain that I like to shitpost and shittalk in OOC. With that out of the way my situation goes like this, with the admin logs able to back me up, For the most part I'd told Security to get down, but after having gone into crit not once but twice without them so much as trying to talk, I'd come to the conclusion that Sec as a whole wasn't going to play along with attempting to be a hostage, thus when I saw him, I shot the last two shots of my SMG at him and let him run off. He posted in LOOC questioning it and I admit I could have explained it better however I and the other mercs were on a timeclock to get out shit done. I take the accountability for that slip up. Another point I'd like to make that the hostilities were practically over at that moment because this was after the two firefights in sec, there was nobody really left as far as I know to really have hostilities ramped up on.

For the most part I'd told Security to get down, but after having gone into crit not once but twice without them so much as trying to talk, I'd come to the conclusion that Sec as a whole wasn't going to play along with attempting to be a hostage, thus when I saw him, I shot the last two shots of my SMG at him and let him run off.

You actually instantly shot at the Warden and tried to double tap him in the armory as soon as you came in to view after a single sentence, even being called out by the other mercs on the instant attempt at shooting him. So security did try to play along until you shot the Warden, resulting in an officer in the lobby returning fire, resulting in all the officers to then get up from the armory and start the firefight.

ca7c8cd97bc65080fc59d6412d668deb.png

I noticed Armory posted the second part of the incident involving the 'Welcome to KoS' without showing what happened before, as I have both screenshots. I rounded the corner to see 2-3 of you holding Harper hostage talking to someone. Instantly you shot at me while the Unathi deployed the shield and glave when I returned fire after questioning it.

d842f39c5ddd82eccb605822ea41fbee.png

2ee0ebba155c9f50d44a0e0d50e444fd.png

"After taking the Captain's spare, and after taking the Vault hardsuits, they come to Security. They kill one officer for no reason, and begin to slaughter the rest, who retreat. The rest of the round is Security being shot at and killed by a much more heavily equipped team, who are stealing things, and not interacting with anyone at all, unless it is to tell them to get out of their way, or to kill them. They at no point try to rectify the original unjust and unquestionably rule-breaking murder, but instead continue to assault Security.

Here's what happened from a merc's POV on the situation in sec. We agreed to go to the armory to attempt to steal the guns, to slow down Security's response. We rushed to the armory and found three officers inside, I specifically told them to get down, which they did (One of them was going to try to flashbang us but I shot in his direction, hitting him once and he dropped it) and I proceeded to do my normal hostage securing routine. Taking headsets and the like, I saw the solo officer running up and told him to get down, He proceeded to pull a Laser rifle instead so I fired at him, however due to the three officers NOT being secured properly as hostages, they hopped back up and began to fire at us, getting me into one hell of a crossfire as the sec borg ran up on us and made his attempt, Our team only "Slaughtered" the officers because they decided to open fire on us.

If this round was as bad as some make it sound, why did no one report it to staff?

I believe Armory ahelped it as he mentioned it in LOOC that no one had responded to his ahelps towards the end. I'm not too sure of the outcome of what happened on that side, however, and I didn't bother making a second ahelp since he seemed to have ahelped the issue already.

"You actually instantly shot at the Warden and tried to double tap him in the armory as soon as you came in to view after a single sentence, even being called out by the other mercs on the instant attempt at shooting him. So security did try to play along until you shot the Warden, resulting in an officer in the lobby returning fire, resulting in all the officers to then get up from the armory and start the firefight. "

I didn't try to double tap him though otherwise I would have just done it, I actually had my gun set on burst and didn't realize it until I fired. Also the officer in the lobby didn't show up until a couple moments after I'd taken all the headsets, after you guys had bandaged up the Warden. I see absolutely nowhere in my logs where any mention was on sec radio, or even general radio that the Warden had been shot, thus the lobby officer had no tip off to start fighting.

Edited by Guest

I see absolutely nowhere in my logs where any mention was on sec radio, or even general radio that the Warden had been shot.

I literally just posted a screenshot of the logs of you shooting the Warden twice - granted burst fire, didn't notice that the first time - without any sort of indication of why, and getting called out in LOOC by your own team for it.

I believe it was Graves who had said 'picked a great time for people to leave' over security radio to alert others to the situation, and I beeped in EAL over seccomms for Sunder to tell the others they were in the armory trying to take hostages.

"I literally just posted a screenshot of the logs of you shooting the Warden twice - granted burst fire, didn't notice that the first time - without any sort of indication of why, and getting called out in LOOC by your own team for it.

I edited my post to clarify what I was getting at, the officer had zero clue as far as I know that the Warden had been shot, thus that was not the reason the fight broke out, if you read my post describing the situation from my point of view it explains what really went down with the lobby officer. my apologies for that bit of confusion.

I'm mostly referencing this. To be on the straight page, no ahelp was taken by staff? Who directed you to make the complaint?

[mention]Alberyk[/mention] Was the one who suggested it. He arrived at the tail end of the round. I must have misread that part of the input.

I'm mostly referencing this. To be on the straight page, no ahelp was taken by staff? Who directed you to make the complaint?

I did, because; the ahelp came when the transfer was called, and I was afk for when the others happened, and I did not want to delay the round for way too long, since it would involve talking to the entire mercenary team and the rest of the crew that was involved. If I was present for the round itself, I would have got the first ahelp and would not have requested armory to make a complaint.

Right, I wasn't Security this round (thank Christ for that), but I did get to witness two things that /really/ salted my butter.

1)Raiding medbay of the surgical tools. We all know why those were taken. You can sit here and claim otherwise, sure, but fact remains that scalpels cost pennies to buy and make, and surgical saws aren't actually wanted on any sort of black market. You took them to openly keep Medbay from fixing any fractures/bones/IB that may have been caused that round from the inevitable fight that happens on a merc round. That was a straight dick move. Thankfully, it didn't hinder us too much, but you need to be reminded that your job is to promote a story and make it a fun round. We don't have to win. Hell, I'd graciously accept an ass beating (and I have a lot of times as Gracie) if the story and plot is there to make it good. Randomly handicapping Medbay like that didn't push any plot. It didn't make any sort of sense.

2)Willow Harper being taken hostage. I have NO issue with her being taken hostage. Thank Christ some sort of player/antag interaction was finally happening. I'm also thankful you didn't straight up just murder me for standing there. My issue is what happened right AFTER she was handcuffed. This poor, unsuspecting, UNARMED Janitor walked down the hallway and went smack into the scene where the mercs were kidnapping Harper right in front of my character Quinn. One of you (and I need an admin to check logs to confirm which one it was) decided to use the poor man as target practice for literally no reason? Like none at all? He had no RP between the mercs. He wasn't going to harm you. He showed no intent on valid'ing ya'll. but he got shot at. I THINk Kyres stepped in ICly after that idiot merc just randomly started shooting at that janitor. Know why I have an issue with this? You're. Meant. To. Push. A. Plot. And. Roleplay. With. The. Crew. Randomly shooting at an unarmed janitor because you think it makes you look like some kind of cool edgelord ICly isn't a good antag action, and you should really be ashamed at that level of "RP' (or lack there off. I really kinda feel bad for that player during that moment.)

The whole round lacked..... substance. It lacked Roleplay. The saving grace you had was Ada.

2)Willow Harper being taken hostage. I have NO issue with her being taken hostage. Thank Christ some sort of player/antag interaction was finally happening. I'm also thankful you didn't straight up just murder me for standing there. My issue is what happened right AFTER she was handcuffed. This poor, unsuspecting, UNARMED Janitor walked down the hallway and went smack into the scene where the mercs were kidnapping Harper right in front of my character Quinn. One of you (and I need an admin to check logs to confirm which one it was) decided to use the poor man as target practice for literally no reason? Like none at all? He had no RP between the mercs. He wasn't going to harm you. He showed no intent on valid'ing ya'll. but he got shot at. I THINk Kyres stepped in ICly after that idiot merc just randomly started shooting at that janitor. Know why I have an issue with this? You're. Meant. To. Push. A. Plot. And. Roleplay. With. The. Crew. Randomly shooting at an unarmed janitor because you think it makes you look like some kind of cool edgelord ICly isn't a good antag action, and you should really be ashamed at that level of "RP' (or lack there off. I really kinda feel bad for that player during that moment.)

Right to clarify, I shot ONE shot at the Janitor because he had previously thrown a Molotov at me and I wanted to spook the fuck off before he had a chance to potentially throw another one at me.

https://gyazo.com/edfdece1985bb2bb94f9ab76f0a76b1c Image as proof that he attempted to firebomb me, love how there is zero text for the fact that the floor lit on fire however.

So he did actually do something? Because from my perspective, he ran down the hallway and you fired off at him, and only stopped because Ada stepped in and told you not to.

Also, a lit bottle of vodka isn't going to hurt you in that rig you were wearing. Prioritize dude. Capture the man. Beat him. Make him pay for coming after you. But don't just go "derp, unarmed janitor now. I can shoot him and kill him and that's chill"

Put some EFFORT into your antag mate.

"So he did actually do something? Because from my perspective, he ran down the hallway and you fired off at him, and only stopped because Ada stepped in and told you not to.

Also, a lit bottle of vodka isn't going to hurt you in that rig you were wearing. Prioritize dude. Capture the man. Beat him. Make him pay for coming after you. But don't just go "derp, unarmed janitor now. I can shoot him and kill him and that's chill"

Put some EFFORT into your antag mate."

To explain why I did what I did over "just a little vodka" honestly didnt know the mechanics involving Molotovs, I didn't know if the fire would spread, stick, or honestly what to expect from it up until he threw it at me.

I fired one shot at him to get him to fuck off, zero intentions on killing him here is an image proving that I absolutely intended NOT to shoot to kill, but to harm as a way of saying "Fuck you for trying to light me on fire": https://gyazo.com/a5d2a014a889b1d679adadac46cc75d0

But you chased after him man with that gun in your hand. I watched you do it. You can say that, sure. but.... Look at things a bit more creatively than the weapon in your reach.You have every ability to not only catch him, but get in a little hostage torture (or mental trauma at least). Anything outside the box. This whole round was "let's steal stuff". Something seen a million times over. You didn't bother trying to create a story, and that janitor was the PERFECT platter handed to you.

Instead, you opted to shoot at him. Congratulations. As bland as the 50,000 other heisters.

"But you chased after him man with that gun in your hand. I watched you do it. You can say that, sure. but.... Look at things a bit more creatively than the weapon in your reach.You have every ability to not only catch him, but get in a little hostage torture (or mental trauma at least). Anything outside the box. This whole round was "let's steal stuff". Something seen a million times over. You didn't bother trying to create a story, and that janitor was the PERFECT platter handed to you.

Instead, you opted to shoot at him. Congratulations. As bland as the 50,000 other heisters."

I chased after him for an extremely short amount of time before my team stopped me which ended horribly with an injured team mate after they tried to disarm me and got themselves shot in the head thanks to the gun struggle mechanic, which caused me to re-evaluate the situation which ended up with me trying to scare Engineering to open up with a bomb, (I made it very clear to my team that I did not intend to blow it) that failed horribly with the Engineers calling me out on the bluff so I Just said "Fuck it I'm a liability at this point" so I grabbed willow and fucked off to the ship, The Janitor wasn't who we needed as a hostage as we were only grabbing willow for a bounty placed on her in the contracts menu is basically what I'm getting at here. I wasn't the one that wrote up the plan I was just trying to follow along with what everyone else was doing.

lol i wasn't involved so forgive me for posting garn but:

1)Raiding medbay of the surgical tools. We all know why those were taken. You can sit here and claim otherwise, sure, but fact remains that scalpels cost pennies to buy and make, and surgical saws aren't actually wanted on any sort of black market. You took them to openly keep Medbay from fixing any fractures/bones/IB that may have been caused that round from the inevitable fight that happens on a merc round. That was a straight dick move. Thankfully, it didn't hinder us too much, but you need to be reminded that your job is to promote a story and make it a fun round. We don't have to win. Hell, I'd graciously accept an ass beating (and I have a lot of times as Gracie) if the story and plot is there to make it good. Randomly handicapping Medbay like that didn't push any plot. It didn't make any sort of sense.

The idea that debilitating the stations means to save people is anti-RP is stupid.

It adds tension to the round. It makes injuries far, far more serious, and levels out the mercs and station somewhat in terms of recovery.

I'm quite happy when a doctor rarely tells me "we can't get you up to 100%" because that facilitates RP. Someone dying because they don't have the tools to save them is compelling RP. People needing to use improvised tools to perform lifesaving surgery is compelling RP.

So he did actually do something? Because from my perspective, he ran down the hallway and you fired off at him, and only stopped because Ada stepped in and told you not to.

Put some EFFORT into your antag mate.

Throwing a molotov at someone is most definitely grounds to return fire. That's an attempt to use a lethal weapon to end their life.

Trash-talking him and saying that he's not putting effort into antagonizing because he shot back at someone who had (ineffectually) tried to kill him is the kind of behavior that makes everyone afraid of playing antagonist.

RP is not "everyone talks for ages and then has a standoff where the station wins". RP is dynamic, and evolves in response to actions in the round. You feel that they should have taken the janitor hostage, and that's a valid opinion of what you would have done, but returning fire on a hostile individual creates RP in it's own way.

The issue with facilitating only behavior that promotes survival even when people act in dangerous ways is it not only promotes acting in such dangerous ways, but it removes the variation for antagonists.

If there's no danger for acting like an idiot against mercenaries, then there's no reason not to.

If you punish people who enact this danger, than your only viable options to play antagonist are people who would take hostages, who would give civilians the 'benefit of the doubt', who wouldn't shoot to kill unless they had to. What about all those awesome bad guys in movies that don't take hostages? What about those serial killers that leave bodies hung up in the most horrifying places for people to find? They're scary and compelling because they don't negotiate. You don't enjoy watching those characters, you enjoy seeing the fear and story they create through their actions. Their actions may not be as RP-intensive as typing out a 10-line emote about how you screw open some engineers kneecaps or whatever in the merc shuttle, but they create just as much if not more story.

So, I was one of the mercs called out, and I decapped two people. One was on accident. An engineer charged me, with a spear, and through RNG, managed to knock me down. So, I got up, as fast as I could, grabbed my energy axe, and swung at him twice. I forgot I was aiming for the head. So I killed him. Fabe, sure. I probably shouldnt have killed him. ICly, it would have made sense. He angered both me and another Merc, and actually did some damage to me. OOCly, I get that what I did might anger his player. Ada also told me that I didnt need to do that. Shit happens, I made a single mistake that round.

Regarding stealing Medical stuff, we werent stealing that for our valuables, we were stealing that for ourselves. We set up a little field base. We also specifically left one of the ORs untouched.

Oof, first complaint. Alright. I played Ashes, and let's try to hit some main points here.

1)Raiding medbay of the surgical tools. We all know why those were taken. You can sit here and claim otherwise, sure, but fact remains that scalpels cost pennies to buy and make, and surgical saws aren't actually wanted on any sort of black market. You took them to openly keep Medbay from fixing any fractures/bones/IB that may have been caused that round from the inevitable fight that happens on a merc round. That was a straight dick move.

I will claim otherwise because you are incorrect. We took ONE OR's set of tools because we set up a forward operating base on station, rather than using our ship. It was for us to mend ourselves for the long fight. Kyres specifically instructed us not to take the other OR's set of tools, because ICly we didn't need them, and OOCly, as you said, that would be pretty dickin'. We were in medbay to take a chemmaster/chem dispenser, stethoscope, and helped ourselves to some medical equipment. At no point did we decide to just take these as a measure to fuck those who needed surgery.

edit: Given the post below this and my response below that, I am confused. Were all the sets taken? They very much should NOT have been.

So at round start, I decided to peruse exploitable information for some further involvement. A lot of them weren't filled out, so we abandoned the idea of a gimmick based on those. It's a shame, too, because that's the first thing I do as a merc, because it's fun for the person who wrote it and for a unique gimmick. But we decided on a new plan (Which kyres wrote down and kept on Ada so that if she died, it would give it away). Things you'd expect mercs to do: Hit high value targets, make money, and ruin confidence in NT.

Basically we wanted to hit as many departments as possible for the valuables. CE office, Vault, Medbay... and then in AOOC I suggested we go down to civ sector and steal like, the booze-o-mat, and the raw supplies from mining, to get them involved. Kyres thought it was a fantastic idea. Unfortunately.... the incident with the security shootout, janitor, and Reynauld (Dickfreedomjohnson, or DFJ) shooting Ada in the head happened, which caused us to lose time, and eventually abandon the plan. I'm sad we never got to go down to civ, because I play those jobs the most, and understand how little interaction they get with mercs. It's my second time as merc, and I plan to do better in the future with involvement. Unfortunately, I still don't know much of what I'm doing, so I just follow along with orders given. Still, the team was receptive to the idea of involving them.

The security incident. Yeah, this went bad. We walk to the armory, find graves, the IPC (Talon?), and one other sec member. We tell them to lay down. It started going sour when the other officer, whose name I forget, asked in LOOC how to lay down. Before I could even get my response out, DFJ was in his face, constantly demanding him to lie down. This was... extremely poor conduct in my eyes. Like... not everyone knows how to rest. You need to stop being so fucking hasty. We then saw two security members (I think it was two?) coming up from the lobby. I don't know who shot first, but I'm guessing it was DFJ? That's when it became a shootout. I waited at first, since I had just finished trying to type for them to get down... I only opened fire when I saw Graves stand up and switch his carbine to lethal (Understandably so!). I then proceeded to get robusted by a borg, and really don't know what happened from there.

When we regrouped, Harper was saying things on the radio. I mentioned the bounty she had in her exploits, and we decided that kidnapping her was a good way to make some creds.

Willow/Quinn/Janitor incident... I arrived to the scene last. Fresh and I told Quinn to get going. All I know is that Ada was getting pissed at Reynauld, and threatened to kill him if he kept shit up, to which ICly even I said I would help Ada kill him if he continued. Reynauld ended up shooting Ada in the head during a struggle. Again... not great conduct from DFJ.

I don't know that I was directly present for the screenshots Xor posted. I don't remember that LOOC conversation, but I remember the call on the radio to move to engineering. I can't offer insight here, as I think I was out of range.

When it came to engineering... I was out of range for most of the discussion. I did see Fresh having a good conversation, taunting them, calling them idiots for having a spear, generally being threatening so they wouldn't try anything stupid (Again, I was out of range for most of the talking, only hearing Fresh's side). What I did do was have some really good RP with Brayden Parker (Ckey unknown) by getting him to stand down, talking about his exploitable information, and generally having a really tense standoff. He was never hurt or killed, as promised, after the conversation. As for the decap incident? I saw the engineering apprentice charge Fresh, and, well, they described the incident in their post. It was absolutely unintended. Really the engineer shouldn't have been charging a team of heavily armed mercs with a spear, but eh.

A big point of this thread and a big thing I want to touch on was Dickfreedomjohnson's conduct, ICly and OOCly. DFJ, while Ashes may tentatively get along with Reynauld IC, OOC I am pretty disgusted by your conduct. You didn't give the poor guy who was asking to lay down any chance to do so, nor did you even give me enough time to type out to him how to do it. Reynauld is constantly pushing for aggression, causing terror, and just... really things that make RPing difficult. I didn't see the "Welcome to KoS" comment in round, and that, again, is just pretty despicable. That is NOT what this is about. And taunting in OOC about "Winning Merc???" What the fuck, man. That's not... okay. There is no goal of winning in SS13. The goal is to make things interesting. I feel that, yes, as a whole, we didn't get as many people involved as we should have, or planned to. I would say then that we didn't win, but lost, because we failed our objective of making things interesting for as much of the crew as possible. You have to dial back the taunts, and absolutely dial back your IC bloodlust. It makes things difficult when we have to constantly keep you in check. I feel like your aggression played a big part in why we never really got to RP as much with the crew as we wanted, or get to all the places we suggested.

On the flipside, calling Kyres out for trying to lead us to some sort of murderboning victory is... misguided? Kyres doesn't want to just... win. In AOOC and on comms, Kyres was the first to suggest establishing communications with the crew, made a plan that involved us running to different departments on the station, was super excited about the idea of running down to civ to steal their stuff and get them involved, criticizing Reynauld's conduct (and threatening to kill him if he kept it up), discussing in AOOC whether or not to bail out... and just keeping us with goals. Kyres's leadership was why we even had a plan to begin with. None of us save for DFJ played to "Win" or viewed what we did as "Winning."

We bailed at the end of the round after a short AOOC conversation with Kyres. It was 1:51, most people were out of the round, and we decided it would be best to bring closure as soon as possible.

Things definitely could have gone better. The sec shootout didn't need to happen. The janitor didn't need to be shot at (even though throwing a molotov at us is 100% grounds for getting shot, at least nonlethally). More people could have been involved. Communication could have been better. These are very valid points. But I feel like there are some misunderstandings about how we operated, and planned to operate, and how Kyres led us and responded to conduct. I disagree that Kyres doubled-down on unnecessary violence.

It wasn't a perfect round, and for a lot of people, not a really fun one. I feel partially responsible for this, as I really could have done more ICly and OOCly to facilitate RP and curb the violence. But these are my thoughts, as I saw them.

Edited by Guest

I was Sec Officer Isaac Mueller that round. I'll go from the start. So the moment I come back from being AFK(I was doing some 'paperwork' for the first 10 or 15 mins of the round), another officer says we've got four armed intruders breaking into the bridge (which literally nobody on the entire station had access to because there was no command present, not even a HoP.) Me and another officer rush towards the HoPs office, and see the four mercs in full hardsuits, armed to the teeth. They open the doors with the captains ID which they stole, tell us nothing besides stay out of their way, and then enter the maintenance tunnels. Since we had no idea what to do besides keep crew safe, we decided its best we sit back.

A few minutes pass, we're telling everyone to sit tight and co-operate. These guys still haven't stated any demands and so Carmichael (The OP) asks them to state their demands. They give a very poor response along the lines of "We're just here to steal." None of sec was really sure if we should engage them or not. I believed they were dangerous and could have been masking other intentions so I tell the Warden to prep our guys and dispense guns. At this point I unfortunately contracted appendicitis and had to quickly check out what it was at the Medbay. They couldn't cure me because the mercs had stolen all the surgical equipment so I told them to give me painkillers and made my way back to the brig. I realise, as I walk through the front door of sec, four guys in red inside of the hallway above the waiting area, under the armoury. One of them yells at me to put my weapon down and surrender while the other one(Unfortunately I have forgotten who) decides to bum-rush me through the door without even giving me a second to respond. I open fire since the guy immediately opens the door so technically I fired first but I believe I was more than justified as I was literally a tile away from the door. Then began the first firefight of the round and my last since I got my legs shot off and then got hacked to death by someone with a sword.

I was then cloned by medbay but I couldn't return to action because of genetic defects so I spent the rest of my round in Medbay.

Overall, the conduct of the Merc team that round can only be described as poor, with no exceptions.

Was ALL the surgical equipment stolen? We were told to only take one OR's worth, and that's what I did (The northmost one). Fresh and Kyres were present in the OR with me, I believe. If we accidentally took both sets, then yeah, yikes, that was a bad miscomm. I thought I only saw one set in our makeshift base, though.