[Resolved] XanderDox - Player Report

Fore note - While I do, personally, have my own grievances with how XanderDox plays a Captain, I have no issue with the player themselves. I was asked to represent this report, and I did so because I believed this round had legitimate cause to begin an investigation towards Dox as a player. With that stated, onto the report.

BYOND Key: CrimsonAerospace

Game ID: bRA-aG0U

Player Byond Key: XanderDox

Staff involved: N/A

Reason for complaint: XanderDox, playing Captain Eleanor Shen, acted rather high-minded as a Captain, showed some serious incompetence and "God complex" during this round, causing a spree of murders to get pushed to the back burner as Security had to handle the arrest of a HoP who attempted to report the Captain to the Odin for Sedition, supposedly knocked down to slander due to a miscommunication, leading to a whole other slew of issues.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No. At the time, it seemed more reasonable to make a player report, as was suggested by a CCIA Agent.

Approximate Date/Time: Wednesday, November 23, about 10:30-ish Central

Provided below are screenshots of the actions of XanderDox, both as Captain and in OOC at one point -

The following picture is what sort of started this whole thing off. Basically, the Janitor (whose name slips my mind) was insulting the Merchant about something, making some crude remarks towards them, something along the lines of "buckethead". In response, I believe Xander threatened to file an injunction against the Janitor and to remove their headset. This was the conversation that followed afterwords. (Note : I did miss some of this conversation, so someone may have to fill in the gaps.)

XPZzgle.png

After this occurred, as well as an incident involving the Captain telling the Detective to mind their place, the HoP (whose tajaran name completely slips my memory, but their Ckey is DasFox) filled a report to CCIA at the Odin to investigate the Captain, claiming they were showing off a god complex and whatnot. This part is also a bit lacking in details to me, but [mention]ForgottenTraveller[/mention] should hopefully clear it up with Fax logs for me.

Once Central responded to the fax, the Captain caught wind and called for the DasFox's character to be detained for Sedition. Dox, later, told me that this was all a miscommunication, however, after being located sitting in the Detectives office, getting up and leaving for Cryo (after being chased by the Captain with an energy pistol to reclaim the HoP's ID), Xander took it upon themselves to update Das' Security records in the brig. With a Sedition charge. Hopefully, [mention]TheSleepyCatmom[/mention] can provide a screenshot of this, or Staff can look into it. Here are logs of an officer responding to the Captain deciding that while all of Security is off handling a murder, they were best suited for updating security status:

mmu79hT.pngjldM4VI.pngMiF6wdb.png

Some time after cryoing, DasFox and Xander get into it a bit in LOOC. Das started it, but Xander escalated it a fair bit.

v2FeJkU.png

Below are other questionable acts.

Discussion about arresting the Detective for "harboring" the HoP, who was sitting in his office, after having saying over Comms they were in the Detectives office talking. A gross show of miscommunication

DYnh8y1.png

Discussion with the HoS regarding their stance on being questioned by another Head over secure Command radio channels.

qyjMNYB.png

This is about all I could scrounge up. I made this at midnight, Thanksgiving morning, and I was out of steam. So, if this gets picked up by Staff,

they can hopefully shed some light on a rather detestable round.

Pulled from the cciaa-logs discord. All listed BOREALISIIBOT times are 23/11/2017 New Zealand Daylight Savings (NZDT)

All non-automated Aurora to Odin communications included. Only announcements 1 & 2, received faxes 1-4, and sent faxes 1-5 are relevant to the complaint

Bot-BOREALISIIBOT - Today at 5:32 PM

New fax arrived! CENTCOM FAX: "NFC-1002 - General Fax" by Eleanor Shen. (2 agents online, 1 AFK.)

New fax arrived! CENTCOM FAX: "sheet of paper" by Yasmin Al-Hamdan. (2 agents online, 0 AFK.)

Received 1:

Title: "NFC-1002 - General Fax"

Content:

TO: NTCC Odin

SUBJECT: Announcement Request

BODY: Please play the 'Captain's Authority' announcement.

DATE: 2459-11-23

SIGN: E. Shen

Received 2:

Title: "sheet of paper"

Content:

NSS Aurora

ATTN: Command Problems

She is requesting a CCIA agent to come to the NSS Aurora, because the Captain believes they are god and not subject to regulations, because she threatened to fire an IPC detective for saying if she. the Captain, were to commit a crime they would be brigged.

Additionally, the Head of Security attempted to speak to her about it, where she told them to 'remember their place'.Yasmin Al-Hamdan;

Head of Personnel, NSS Aurora.

Announcement 1: Captain Authority Template

Captain Authority

This is a reminder that the station's assigned Captain has full authority over the operation of the station. He or she is authorized to shut down departments at their discretion, reassign crew members, issue direct orders to all crew members on the station, and take actions within reason that may violate regulations in non-standard situations.

The Captain is loyalty implanted, and is therefore trusted to act in the best interests of the company, crew, and station he or she is assigned to. Any complaints or concerns over the Captain's decisions should be addressed after their orders have been carried out, and after the situation that prompted those orders has been resolved.

Announcement 2:

Station Announcement: Exceprt 1.2 From 'Corporate Regulations - Additional'

The Captain is not above Corporate Regulations, and can be arrested by Security for breaking it if the Heads of Staff agree in a majority decision.

Pardons are only legitimate if they come from Central Command. Despite his high ranking the Captain cannot spit in the face of Corporate Regulations and any attempts to do so are infractions.

Sent 1,2, & 3:

Title: "Central Command - Re: ATTN: Command Problems"

Content:

TO: Yasmin Al-Hamdan & TWEIMC, Head of Personnel, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: Re: ATTN: Command Problems

BODY:

As the second announcement we sent detailed, the captain is not above regulations.

Please also review your station directives documentation. At this time with the issues presented. You have adequate command staff to resolve these matters professionally and in a manner that can prevent sufficient evidence that can be faxed to us to allow the suspension of a rogue captain

In the event you will require our intervention. We will need the following

- Signed and stamped votes of all other command staff. (May be on a single page)

- Signed testimonies from affected personnel.

- Any other evidences you may be able to acquire.

DTG: 23-11:20-TAU CETI STANDARD-11-2459

SIGN: Daniel Bay

Bot-BOREALISIIBOT - Today at 6:13 PM

New fax arrived! CENTCOM FAX: "NCF-0108-001" by Eleanor Shen. (2 agents online, 0 AFK.)

Bot-BOREALISIIBOT - Today at 6:15 PM

New fax arrived! CENTCOM FAX: "NCF-0108-001" by Eleanor Shen. (2 agents online, 0 AFK.)

Received 3, & 4:

Title: "NCF-0108-001"

Content:

NanoTrasen Inc.

Civilian Branch of Operation

Form 0108

Situation ReportFacility: NSS Aurora

Date: 2459-11-23

Index: 003

To: NTCC Odin, Central Command Internal Affairs, Daniel Bay (CCIA Supervisor)

Subject: False report from the Head of Personnel

I, Captain Shen, am writing to you to apologize and explain the situation.

Head of Personnel Yasmin misinterpreted a situation, and without consulting myself or any other Heads of Staff, contacted your office with a slanderous report against myself (something I consider to be nearly seditious).

The situation was as follows:

A janitor was verbally insulting multiple crew and a merchant (NT business partner) over the public channel, and I informed them that if they continued to do this, their headset would be taken from them. The Detective, 'Booker', responding to an earlier comment made by someone else,said that if X took property of someone else, X would be arrested for theft. I thought he was referring to me (he was referring to someone else), and I reminded him that the Captain has the authority to revoke access to headsets, both through executive authority decisions and injunctions.

This resulted in the detective, ISD Officer Jaeger, and the Head of Security Catherina, reminding me I am not above regulations (something I recognize and acknowledge, absolutely), however these were worded strongly and not properly, in my opinion saying this to the captain in public forums as Security and Command staff degrades the public view of Station Command and is bad for operations.

Continuing on, the situation was cleared up and the Head of Security apologized for saying it to me when it was unwarranted, and understood a misunderstanding had occured - The Head of Personnel however, took it upon herself to report that I thought I was 'God' and abusing my powers, which was an outright lie.

I will be demoting the Head of Personnel promptly for this slander. The Head of Security will be signing this fax as

well to display agreement with what is written here.Employee: Captain Eleanor Shen, HoS Olivia Catherina

Signature: E. Shen, O. Catherina

Sent 4, & 5:

Title: "Central Command - Re: False report from the Head of Personnel"

Content:

TO: Eleanor Shen, Captain , Olivia Catherina, HoS, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: Re: False report from the Head of Personnel

BODY:

Message Received

Signatories Eleanor Shen & Olivia Catherina witnessed

DTG: 23-12:21-TAU CETI STANDARD-11-2459

Bot-BOREALISIIBOT - Today at 6:48 PM

New fax arrived! CENTCOM FAX: "NFC-0108 - Situation Report" by Olivia Catherina. (2 agents online, 0 AFK.)

Received 5:

Title: "NFC-0108 - Situation Report"

Content:

NanoTrasen Inc.

Civilian Branch of Operation

Form 0108

Situation ReportFacility: NSS Aurora

Date: 2459-11-23

Index:

To: Central Command

Subject: Hostile Xenofauna.-Six killed

-Captain included.

-Xenofauna can morph into other crew members that are deceased.

-Can turn into a monkey.

-Extremely dangerous.Employee: Olivia Catherina

Signature: Olivia Catherina

Sent 6: Log Error. Recovered without completed DTG

Title: "Central Command - Re: False report from the Head of Personnel"

Content:

TO: Eleanor Shen, Captain , Olivia Catherina, HoS, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: Re: False report from the Head of Personnel

BODY:

Message Received

Recommending First Contact Protocol C2

Ending unsecured communications

Manual calls of ERT or Escape shuttles will be required.

Signatory Olivia Catherina witnessed

DTG: 23--TAU CETI STANDARD-11-2459

Edited by Guest

Hi! Your complaint is utter crud (edited to be more polite), here's why!

A janitor called 2-4 people 'retards' and was referring to an IPC as 'Boxhead' over the public channel. Conveniently, you've redacted ALL of the common logs from your screenshots and haven't included any of them. Good work! Onward.

My captain told them if they continued, their headset would be removed and thrown into the crusher, and that such behaviour wouldn't be tolerated.

Detectives makes a comment towards the same Janitor, but it sounds as if it is in reference to what I just said, so I think they've threatened to arrest me for doing something within my authority. I remind them in bold that they are speaking to their Captain.

Ashley Jaeger and the HoS speak up to say I am not above regulations: BUT AT NO POINT DID I EVER SAY THAT, I WAS SPECIFICALLY REFERRING TO AN IMPLICATION THAT I WOULD BE DETAINED FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY WITHIN MY AUTHORITY. The Captain CAN take someone's headset away if they're being an idiot with it, BUT, the Detective wasn't even REFERRING TO ME, which was cleared up before Jaeger's and Olivia HoS' comments.

Now, round progresses a bit, the Head of Security comes in and we chat. Suddenly, Yasmin the Cat's fax that she secretly sent (without consult any fellow head of staff) gets a response, when I read the response, I demand to see what she sent and I take it from her filing cabinet.

Let me address her fax.

1. I never ever ever ever ever EVER ever EVER EVER EVER ever said I was God, that I was not subject to regulations, or threatened to fire the IPC Detective 'Booker', this was a MISCOMMUNICATION. His statement implied (IF IT WAS DIRECTED AT ME, WHICH I THOUGHT) that the Detective would engage in arrest on a Captain (arrests against captain can only be made if station command agree) for removing a crew member's headset. This was the situation, it was CLEARED. UP.

2. The Head of Personnel never contacted me, or the Head of Security, to resolve this. She never said a word to me about solving this or asking to be involved in the resolution, I honestly forgot she existed because Yasmin is usually quiet and doesn't leave the office.

3. It is inappropriate for a head of staff to ignore their IC/OOC responsibility to try and resolve these issues on board, she completely forgoed any attempt to resolve it by asking CCIA to get involved.

Now, to address what happened after.

I originally ordered the charge to be sedition, this was an ACCIDENT. The original thing that came to mind was slander, but I confused the two words, I couldn't void an order to all of security, so when I got the chance, I had the HoS have the Warden change the charge to SLANDER. SLANDER, not sedition.

The Detective was holding the Head of Personnel in his office as a friend, they were talking, the Warden was requesting many times that Yasmin report to the brig, the Detective knows that no other security aside from the Detective could access his office, he was aiding and abbeding a wanted individual. He then accuses me of not managing a security crisis: i.e., the bodies that are piling up from antags.

Funnily enough, this brings up his own shortcoming - as Captain, I was staying in the bridge, I changed the alerts when asked, and was actively communicating with Olivia, who was confirming with me how she would address these murders, I should NOT HAVE TO GET DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN A SECURITY SITUATION. However, the Detective was too busy playing host to the HoP criminal, to investigate the murders. At no point did I authorize a warrant or ORDER the arrest of the Detective.

Yasmin decided to try and avoid getting an incident on her security records by being sneaky and running to cryo, I was not okay with this, so I made her give me her ID. Now I get to address the Chapman issue. KNOWING FULL WELL that Yasmin was rushing to cryo, I booked it to the processing console and filed the charged through it myself, this was because the WARDEN was busy preparing arms for people, and officers were responding to the *quintuple homicide* that had happened. The charges I applied were: Resisting arrest, Slander of a Head of Staff, NOT sedition.

There is NOTHING that says the Captain cannot do X in a situation where all the other staff are busy doing something.

You have also, of course conveniently for you, left out the fax WE sent to CCIA, we being myself and the HoS who both SIGNED this statement of facts which explains the entire situation, it is here:

e63cbdad9c.png

I have half a mind to file a complaint against DasFox for such irresponsible actions taken as a Head of Staff player. This was the result of them neglecting basic principles when addressing misgivings with any supervisor, assuming a WHOLE lot of shit they knew nothing about, and sending a bogus report to Central Command about it without any witnessing signatures. The only other head of staff on board (CE was in cryo) agreed with me on everything in the end. So really, this entirely complaint is baseless.

Edited by Guest

This all started over a headset, a headset of someone calling multiple people, not just the merchant, 'retards', and a miscommunication comment from the Detective which implied he would arrest me for using my authority lawfully to restrict headset access (which he did not me).

On that note, no further responses will be given from me, to the OP, DasFox or others, until an Administrator provides a statement requesting any clarifications.

The issue we had is not how you handled the situation. That was IC. The issue we *Do* have with you is exactly how you play your captain, Xander, you stick your nose in absolutely every and anything that you want, which, as captain is normally fine. However, acting as a Security Officer to add a charge to my card, chasing me with an E-gun as I was heading to cryo to do so, and saying repeatedly over communications that I was guilty of sedition is the root issue.

First and foremost, baseless argument. Sure, if you say so. You have a history of your captain being both power-trippy and having a god-complex. You always put yourself above the others, to the point where you even go to yourself to tell your heads to 'remember their place', as if they are 100% your underlings and not people who have opinions.

Secondly, I did contact the CE, before they went to cryo, and knowing you were screaming at the HOS I contacted CCIA in a hope to clarify it for both me, and the rest of the station. You presumptuous idea that I was attempting to tell them you were rogue and that you needed to be fired was your own fault, and in no way was my intention or what happened.

Thirdly, Miscommunication is *not* what happened. You strictly stated on the command channel twice in a row that I was guilty of sedition, in which I went to the Detective above. This IPC was, somehow, when I turned myself into him, aiding and abetting me while I was in his custody? That's funny as well.

Fourthly, This would normally be charged ICly in security, and not have the captain step up and try to play security officer, telling them you'll take their headset away. If they don't take your warnings, you detain them for abuse of communications. You, as captain, don't simply call them to your office and take their headset, as you intended to do.

Finally, finishing my part of this argument, I don't care if you're banned from captain or not. At the time I said it as I was upset. You just need to learn how to RP your characters in power without feeling as if you're superior to absolutely everyone. And I'm 100% sure others will agree with me on this point. I am not the only person you've pissed off by doing this, Xander, and I know I won't be the last.

Fourthly, This would normally be charged ICly in security, and not have the captain step up and try to play security officer, telling them you'll take their headset away. If they don't take your warnings, you detain them for abuse of communications. You, as captain, don't simply call them to your office and take their headset, as you intended to do.

What is wrong with a captain wanting to handle such a small issue as misuse of communications by simply calling the person to their office and taking the headset away? It's reasonable because it's not a captain jumping into a hostile situation to fight for or alongside officers, something dozens of other captains do and they never get talked about/punished for it.

I said I was not going to respond to anyone, but I feel like I can respond properly to this.

Eleanor Shen, my only current Captain character, is the Captain. She does prioritize her life over others, she does not put other people first safety-wise. This is because she has access to a nuclear bomb and various other things that nobody else has business accessing 90% of the time.

Heads of Staff do have a place, which is below the Captain, they can have and share opinions, there is a proper way to share them. As for sticking my nose into things, this does not happen with basically anyone except Security, and that is only due to a recent lack of quality in Heads of Security. I usually give express freedom to department heads to supervise their owns departments as long as they are able to keep their own staff in check

To quickly address your point about the headset, no. You do not need to give anyone a miscommunication charge or remove them from the round for any period of time, Heads of Staff and ESPECIALLY the Captain have administrative power they can use to punish individuals that does not need to be aligned with a corporate regulation punishment. This is why if a janitor punches someone, I can still demote them despite 'demotion' not being under additional punishments. I as a person have always preferred administrative action over brigging people.

The reason I 'played' security officer in the round with you was entirely OOC coming into IC admittedly, you were trying to cryo to avoid slander charges on your record OOCly, and I was not okay with this. that is why I took your ID from you. As well while we're on this point - you did not 'turn yourself in' to the Detective. At all. He had no intention to listen to the Warden calling for you to come to processing, and he had no business questioning the decision of the Head of Security and Captain to file a warrant on you. He was concealing you from the easy access of officers or other security and thus, aiding you. End of story.

It is entirely my opinion, that your behaviour was indeed seditious, but that is not the charge you were applied with, and your warrant was changed to reflect this. You can share what your security incidents say, because there is not a sedition charge on them. The reason I believe your behaviour was seditious is because you outright tried to subvert the chain of command without using on-board resources to address the concern, which was such and incredibly minor concern it'd be better off as an incident report anyways.

The issue we had is not how you handled the situation. That was IC. The issue we *Do* have with you is exactly how you play your captain, Xander, you stick your nose in absolutely every and anything that you want, which, as captain is normally fine. However, acting as a Security Officer to add a charge to my card, chasing me with an E-gun as I was heading to cryo to do so, and saying repeatedly over communications that I was guilty of sedition is the root issue.

First and foremost, baseless argument. Sure, if you say so. You have a history of your captain being both power-trippy and having a god-complex. You always put yourself above the others, to the point where you even go to yourself to tell your heads to 'remember their place', as if they are 100% your underlings and not people who have opinions.

Secondly, I did contact the CE, before they went to cryo, and knowing you were screaming at the HOS I contacted CCIA in a hope to clarify it for both me, and the rest of the station. You presumptuous idea that I was attempting to tell them you were rogue and that you needed to be fired was your own fault, and in no way was my intention or what happened.

Thirdly, Miscommunication is *not* what happened. You strictly stated on the command channel twice in a row that I was guilty of sedition, in which I went to the Detective above. This IPC was, somehow, when I turned myself into him, aiding and abetting me while I was in his custody? That's funny as well.

Finally, finishing my part of this argument, I don't care if you're banned from captain or not. At the time I said it as I was upset. You just need to learn how to RP your characters in power without feeling as if you're superior to absolutely everyone. And I'm 100% sure others will agree with me on this point. I am not the only person you've pissed off by doing this, Xander, and I know I won't be the last.

XuwQ0qU.png

Here is Eleanor Shen acting condescending and rude to their HoS, telling them to "Remember their place" because they reminded them as a fellow head that they are still subject to corporate regulations.

HJAZAl0.png

Here is Eleanor Shen saying that the HoP attempting to call a CCIA to make a complaint is slander.

Slander is defined as: "To spread false rumors in order to damage someone's reputation."

A practically private Fax almost no one would see is not a "false rumor"

By the By, there's a separate charge, "Slandering a Head of Staff" that as a Captain, you should have known about and applied instead.

cnZkiOg.png

Here is the Captain saying that the HoS cannot criticize the Captain, not even over private command channel.

And also, all but saying "I am the law!" with that "I am not above or below regulations. I am an Agent of regulations."

P4cgPQe.png

Here you are implying over Security comms that the Detective having the HoP with a charge of slander in their office is "aiding and abetting" and "concealing" them.

ywJO1Pl.png

Here is the Captain harassing the HoP before they go to cryo.

Some of these images may have been in the OP, since I PMed Crimson many of them.

As for you taking the headset off someone. Revoking someone of their right to have a headset itself is fine to do as a Captain. What isn't fine is insisting on doing it yourself. You have an entire department who's job is to do that kind of thing.

Honestly, from the way you behaved, I thought it was Revolution, and that you were a Loyalist, until I heard people flipping out over a ling eating people.

Which also brings me to my next point: You were still insisting that Security deal with a Slander charge, with is 3 minutes or a 150 credit fine for the first offense, whilst a pile of 4 corpses had been found in maintenance. Believe me, 4 murder charges is more important to Security than one Slander charge.

The next thing I bring up is from a different round I was not present for, but heard quite a bit about in Deadchat.

You attempted to exercise your authority over the ERT, even though once the ERT boards the station they hold all authority. Then, once they'd made this very clear to you, you attempted to hang yourself in direct view of them while calling them "seditious". And ran when they cut you down.

I don't know if it's true, because that sounds like something that would lose you your Head whitelist immediately, but it is what people said.

You seem to have a bit of a misunderstanding about how Captains should behave. Putting your own life first is okay, since you are by definition more important than everyone else. However, acting condescending and rubbing it in everyone's face that you are more important than them feels more like something a baldie Security Officer would do to a Cadet than something a Captain should be doing.

To me, the best scenario here isn't that you lose your whitelist, but that you get a warning, and you realize that the way you have been behaving as Captain is not okay, and so you change for the better.

Some of these images may have been in the OP, since I PMed Crimson many of them.

As for you taking the headset off someone. Revoking someone of their right to have a headset itself is fine to do as a Captain. What isn't fine is insisting on doing it yourself. You have an entire department who's job is to do that kind of thing.

You attempted to exercise your authority over the ERT, even though once the ERT boards the station they hold all authority. Then, once they'd made this very clear to you, you attempted to hang yourself in direct view of them while calling them "seditious". And ran when they cut you down.

1. You just reshared shit that was already included in the OP.

2. The charge I applied was slander of a head of staff, I am not saying that here because I have no desire to waste time on this complaint so the extra five words after slander are pointless to me.

3. Calling CCIA isn't a thing, you don't just call CCIA to your station, you address concerns to the Captain and if they refuse to work with you on them, THEN you fax CC for a resolution, you don't call Agents to take control of the facility, that is not their job. LYING to CCIA is especially heinous.

4. Security was dealing with dead bodies slowly cropping up, as an administrator, I can handle things administratively, I was not wishing to CHARGE the Janitor with misuse of communications - I filed an injunction, which only MYSELF or the HEAD OF SECURITY can actually sign, and considering the Head of Security was mostly busy, I just wrote it out myself, called him in and handed it to him, I never TOOK his headset, please get your facts straight.

5. A detective hiding any wanted criminal for any infractions regardless of severity with no intention to escort that person to the processing area, is concealment of a criminal. Security are not above regulations.

6. Stop bringing up the Head of Security, her and I chatted in game, she apologized, I apologized, we agreed overall I was in the right.

7. To explain my 'Agent of Regulation' comment. The Captain's role is one not above corporate regulations, but not below it either. In all manners, the Captain is an agent of regulation by embodying the goals of NanoTrasen on board, and this is why they are given the ultimate authority on their station, as well as the written ability to skirt the line of regulations in non-standard situations. As well, the Captain cannot be charged under corporate regulations unless Station Command holds a majority vote. This in no way says the Captain is above regulations, but rather that the Captain uses regulations to ensure NanoTrasen's goals are met. The Head of Security was told to remember her place because it was not warranted for her to make the comment that she had, which is something she apologized for and admitted she did wrong due to a miscommunication.

8. This was a heavily unorthodox situation, I never ordered the ERT, or tried to boss them around, I got rude and emotional with them because they were holding a station captain captive without hearing my side about a mutiny. I did not mean to hang myself, it was meant to be a joke and I did not know that noose-mechanics didn't give you the chance to jump from your chair or not. Eleanor's reasoning however, for killing herself since the mechanics betrayed me, is that her life was over and she could no longer serve NanoTrasen and thus served no purpose existing. She was going to be fired due to a botched investigation into a mutiny, due to the law never be able to work for another megacorporation again, and probably get kidnapped by a syndicate cell for corporate intel at some point, there was no reason for her to live because she had dedicated her entire life since an internship at seventeen, to the NT Corporation.

And now I'd like to re-emphasize something very important:

Administrative or Executive Punishments

The Internal Security Department is charged with enforcing Corporate Regulations and balancing this enforcement with the maintenance of productivity and asset-safety (both station and crew).

The Station Command Department is charged with the oversight, management and administration of a NanoTrasen facility. As the head of station command, the Captain is the 'Chief Executive' of the facility in normal circumstances unless the chain of command is altered by an emergency (ERT) or Central Command (CCIA).

In this capacity as oversight, Station Command can and should engage in administrative punishments parallel and separate from Internal Security punishments. Examples of this include: ordering anger management with the psychiatrist, restriction of existing access, demotion, suspension, reassignment, injunctions (HoS/Capt only) and so on.

Station Command's ability to carry out administrative action is distinct from Internal Security, and does not require an infraction to occur or be pressed to genuinely take action. In this way, calling someone down to my office to talk with them about why calling everyone 'retards' is not okay and handing them injunction is absolutely within my role as Captain, considering his Head of Staff completely ignored the issue.

This seems to be a place where many people get caught up, so I don't blame any of you. Lots of people think and even say "You can't demote me, I haven't broken regulations!" but it's two separate punishments, from two separate bodies. So when I provide someone an injunction for something, it in no way restricts Internal Security's own ability to act on the situation, they did not WANT to act on the situation, or they would have.

It is not Internal Security's job to enforce administrative punishments unless expressly invited to do so. This includes things like bringing the HoP ID's of too-be demoted individuals upon their request - the Head of Personnel is completely able to enter the brig to get an ID, but the Internal Security staff are expected to act when asked.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologize for the delay. Both Shame and I have taken over this complaint, my introduction to this was mostly due to the whitelist coming into question here. I'll cover this point by point instead of a wall of text.

• So the gist of this is that Captain Shen was maybe somewhat rude? Not against the rules and seemed to be an IC thing.

• The Captain wanted to directly handle the removal of a headset, again within their purview of a Captain. Fairly minor and not an act that required security. It would've warranted security if they refused.

• They wanted a person they were charging with with an infraction processed? Again, not against the rules. If a person has to go during processing they can SSD and security can easily cryo them in the brig. Hell, failing that, an administrator could have. Going to cryo shouldn't be used as an excuse to avoid IC actions to a certain extent, especially when it can still be done when they are SSD. Another example is surgery. You don't just cryo a person with a ruptured lung or an axe lodged into their chest, medical can deal with them.

• The Detective thing was also an in-round thing, from the Captains perspective they were hiding the HoP as they were hiding instead of reporting their location.

• Captain decided to personally add the charge, guess it's something beneath a Captain but there are circumstances I'd say that permit this.

Is there a point I'm missing here?