[Resolved] DasFox Combat Captain

BYOND Key: Superiorform

Game ID: bR4-cSu2]

Player Byond Key: DasFox

Staff involved: -

Reason for complaint:

This is a pretty minor thing, and I didn't ahelp it at the time because I didn't think it was worth it, but after pondering it a bit, I do think it breaks rules.

There is not much to the story. I was cultist merchant, pretty heavily armed, and I was cornered in the lift by, I think, four members of security, and DasFox's captain at the back. They wanted to arrest me, I did not want that, and there was a gunfight. Me and my juggernaut, versus, something like four or five members of security. In the middle of laser fire and an occult construct smashing things, Henry Ray dashes in and stunlocks me through my tactical armour with his telebaton, for something like 10 seconds. I'm pretty annoyed during this, I abhor the telebaton, but my construct comes in and smashes up the reckless captain, saving me. After a little bit more fighting, I escape.

I know, it's not a major thing, but I don't think it's right for a captain to rush the antag in the middle of a very violent gunfight, when all of security is there. I would totally get it if it was just like one or two member's of the ISD at the scene, but there were tonnes of officers, and laser fire everywhere. It doesn't matter what punishment I think is necessary, but, I would be happy with just a note or warning for it.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No. I didn't think it was a big thing at the time, but I thought about it, and now I think it breaks rules.

Approximate Date/Time: Around 9:20, 22/12/2017 GMT, like 40 minutes ago at the time of this posting.

ICly, I had reason to do so. The juggernaut was being handled by security from what he saw, so he ran at the next problem. The person firing a very powerful firearm at his security team. Not to mention; If this was such a problem with me, I'd like XanderDox to be looked at and I Can provide a screenshot that shows the exact same thing happening.

That aside, I OOCly knew it was a dumb thing to do, but that captain puts the crew over himself. And in that situation, he did what he thought was best, and it got him killed. To me it was an IC issue, and it was handled. I can assure you I'm not the only person who's done this.

No. You are not the only person that has done this. It still breaks rules.

There were two officers shooting at me while I was madly trying to shut the elevator doors and escape, after I had been ionned like two times. The captain's job is not to run at problems. Ask yourself this: would it be acceptable for a research director, or a chief engineer, and an assistant to run at an antagonist that is already being BTFO by sec? Well, they put the crew over themselves, so it's absolutely okay.

I really don't believe what you say about knowing OOCly it was a dumb thing to do. You say yourself, the jugg was being handled by security. There was absolutely no risk to yourself by charging me with a telebaton and stunlocking me, if, as you say, the jugg was being handled. I think that you ran in looking for valids and glory. Even while the juggernaut was smashing your ribcage in, you still kept me stunlocked.

ICly, you are the captain. Not a security officer. There were four officers at the scene already trashing me. It is not your job to abuse your stupidly strong weapon that hasn't been fixed yet to ensure the antag dies and you get your glory. OOCly, you thought you could get away with shutting me down even faster, you thought it would work, and you had to make sure that the antag was absolutely destroyed. That's what it looks like from my perspective.

Then that's your opinion. But it's not what went through my head at the time. I really don't understand why everyone accuses me of being a validing gloryhunter.

Validhunting is against the rules, yes, however imo this isn't validhunting. This is you upset I attacked you and wanting me to be punished in some way for it. You may say it's not, but this was something that happened that you didn't Ahelp, and making a complaint after because you weren't amused after the fact.

Beyond this, Abosh was the Head of Security who *watched me* attack you during this time. I lost my authority ICly for my actions, and I even willingly handed it off as I wasn't implanted. If this were a problem and I needed to be punished for it, I would have been when I did it, no? There were more staff than just Abosh active as well, who I even spoke to in dsay after my death who were not involved within, if that's something you'd like to use against my reasoning here.

I'm sure there's enough here for [mention]Garnascus[/mention] to come to a conclusion on the matter through these two posts, so I'll leave it to him.

ICly, I had reason to do so. The juggernaut was being handled by security from what he saw, so he ran at the next problem. The person firing a very powerful firearm at his security team. Not to mention; If this was such a problem with me, I'd like XanderDox to be looked at and I Can provide a screenshot that shows the exact same thing happening.

That aside, I OOCly knew it was a dumb thing to do, but that captain puts the crew over himself. And in that situation, he did what he thought was best, and it got him killed. To me it was an IC issue, and it was handled. I can assure you I'm not the only person who's done this.

Sorry holidays made it hard to get back to this.

Anyways this is pretty poor reasoning im afraid. I really really really hate telling you how to play your character but the captain job is fairly strict in how its meant to be played. Your team was on scene and trained to handle the situation. You are literally the most important person on station and the only one entrusted with the responsibility of arming the nuclear device. You need to trust your fellow crew. That aside its a relatively minor (and isolated) incident on your part. I generally encourage captains to play defensively outside of extreme situations. If a cultist was chopping your wife up for example i would completely understand you rushing them regardless of the situation.