[Resolved] Staff complaint, aboshehab.

BYOND Key: MoonTruther

Staff BYOND Key: aboshehab

Game ID: (If applicable. Game ID of the round on which the incident took place. If you don't remember the exact one, then the round after or the round before works as well.)

Reason for complaint: I simply asked for an admeme, after a round was over, I believe this was a really harsh way to handle this.

Evidence/logs/etc:[11:52:53] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: HELP: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): big boi succ, for the admin that makes a meme. - heard by 5 non-AFK admins.

[11:53:14] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab)->MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): The point of your ahelp?

[11:53:24] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone)->Aboshehab/(Aboshehab): wanting memes.

[11:53:55] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab)->MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): Are you familiar with the rules?

[11:54:25] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone)->Aboshehab/(Aboshehab): Yes, and i've been bwoinked at for abusing the ahelp thing-y before. but its worth the meme in my opinion.

[11:55:09] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab)->MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): I hope it was worth it then, I'm applying a permanent ban.

[11:55:16] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone)->Aboshehab/(Aboshehab): Why?

[11:55:38] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab)->MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): As escalation to your ban and your numerous rule violations up to now, not to mention you state being spoken about this before.

[11:56:01] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone)->Aboshehab/(Aboshehab): I've been banned before, for the stuff in my notes.

[11:56:19] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab)->MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): Yes, and this is an escalation.

[11:56:23] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab)->MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): Adminhelps are to be used exclusively for in-game and server-related issues. Trivial matters and suggestions not related to the current round are to be left to OOC or the forums. Bugs, unless requiring immediate action (like the singularity not working), are to be reported on GitHub, and not over ahelps.

[11:56:41] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone)->Aboshehab/(Aboshehab): Yeah, but its not like i was erping or something

[11:56:51] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone)->Aboshehab/(Aboshehab): a perma ban is a bit much, but oke.

[11:57:33] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab) has edited moontruther's notes.

[11:57:33] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: aboshehab has banned moontruther.

Reason: Sending joke ahelps when it is directly against the rules. This is an escalation to your 1 week ban and due to numerous infractions attained.

This is a permanent ban.

Additional remarks:

[11:53:14] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab)->MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): The point of your ahelp?

[11:53:24] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone)->Aboshehab/(Aboshehab): wanting memes.

[11:53:55] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab)->MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): Are you familiar with the rules?

[11:54:25] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone)->Aboshehab/(Aboshehab): Yes, and i've been bwoinked at for abusing the ahelp thing-y before. but its worth the meme in my opinion.

[11:55:09] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab)->MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): I hope it was worth it then, I'm applying a permanent ban.

The important bit, now let me link you a few things from our rules.

Adminhelps are to be used exclusively for in-game and server-related issues. Trivial matters and suggestions not related to the current round are to be left to OOC or the forums. Bugs, unless requiring immediate action (like the singularity not working), are to be reported on GitHub, and not over ahelps.

Permanent Ban: Permanent bans are issued in two general cases. First, to force communication with staff regarding an issue which was left unresolved, usually due to the player logging out mid-discussion. Second, as a final attempt to curb a player's behaviour, following warnings and temporary bans.

I bolded the important bits. Now onto your history. First Seen 2018-03-09 01:35:08, your first log in, but your time seems to have started around 23205 2018-04-05 04:43:23. Admittedly one of my quickest permabans but I still feel it's justified, which I'll explain why.

Out of your 13 staff entries, you have 4 bans. The issue here is you have a history of consistent rule violations, repeats.

tomiixstarslasher has permabanned moontruther. - Reason: After multiple notes and bannings, he again showed low rp behavior by griefing in chemistry, and after getting fired, attempting to burn himself with chemicals. It does not seem like this player is putting much thought into roleplay or their character. Take time off from aurora, try other less rp heavy variants of ss13, and after a long break if you want to try HRP again you can appeal with your understanding of what is expected of HRP. Thank you. - This is a permanent ban.

zelmana has banned idleboi. - Reason: Ammendment to warning on 4/6 placed by DatBerry. New player, when playing AI, turned on and off the emitters as noted. Player was told specifically to not play AI. Also was told to avoid high-mechanic reliant roles. Player stated they would reflect and reread the rules before respawning. Player respawned as an AI once more, and began spamming firealarms. Player claimed short term memory issues. Please take this time off to memorize the rules. - This will be removed in 10080 minutes.

25105 2018-07-20 04:46:05 queenofyugoslavia queenofyugoslavia has banned moontruther. - Reason: Running around as a character rip-off of the HoS last shift. Character is 17 and was a detective, cadet and then Sec officer. Went about trying in a meme typre way to convince the AI to worship Allah| Next offense is to be made a perma ban, this was supposed to be perma but was reduced as they improved slightly. - This will be removed in 10080 minutes.

25377 2018-08-05 11:57:33 aboshehab aboshehab has permabanned moontruther. - Reason: Sending joke ahelps when it is directly against the rules. This is an escalation to your 1 week ban and due to numerous infractions attained. - This is a permanent ban.

So with a lot of trouble caused, you decide to send an ahelp that violates our rules, then when I asked you about our rules, you tell me you were perfectly aware of the issue. You frankly have gotten more chances than you deserve. The ban is deserved and will stick unless [mention]Garnascus[/mention] says otherwise.

[11:55:16] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone)->Aboshehab/(Aboshehab): Why?

[11:55:38] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: Aboshehab/(Aboshehab)->MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone): As escalation to your ban and your numerous rule violations up to now, not to mention you state being spoken about this before.

[11:56:01] bVH-bmsU ADMIN: PM: MoonTruther/(Catherine Stone)->Aboshehab/(Aboshehab): I've been banned before, for the stuff in my notes.

We do not want to dole out punishments. The goal anytime a staffmember bwoinks you is that they are reasonably certain that you will not break the rules again in the future. This reasonable certainty can be comprised of a lot of factors, such as your attitude about the offense itself. It can also take into account the various times you've broken other rules or how many temp bans you've accrued here. In this case you explicitly admit that breaking this particular rule was "worth it" in the face of whatever punishment you would receive. On top of all the various temp bans you have on note there is no way to be reasonably certain you will follow the rules if a lesser punishment where to be given.

I am sorry but i do think it reasonable that abosh gave you the harshest punishment we can place, a permanent ban.

• 2 weeks later...