[Resolved] Staff Complaint - Aboshehab - Questioning Ruling

BYOND Key: HunterRS

Staff BYOND Key: Aboshehab

Game ID: Not needed

Reason for complaint: Last year, around this time, I applied for probably the 10th time for command white list, after I was denied I was told by staff that I can no longer apply as that character, I feel like this ruling should be overturned due to the time that has passed on the ruling and how I have changed rp was for Edgar, I have added many flaws and issues that he deals with has a character, so he isn't that "i do science" character. I have had people tell me I should apply only to be told that I can't. Those people have also stated this ruling is dumb. I am not stating that, I understanding your reasoning, but I wish to have a fair chance in a new setting with new people. It's not about the Past, It's about the future and how to advance. I just want people to stop looking at the past and thinking of me as this player who does stuff. I have come back and already made friends IC and OOC who don't know what happened. I just want a fair chance with the staff who have been here and the players I meet.

Evidence/logs/etc: Not needed, but can pull discord logs if wanted

Additional remarks: All I want is it to be like when I joined back in 2015.

Last year, around this time, I applied for probably the 10th time for command white list

Yes, practically copy pastes, each applied within short time after the other.

after I was denied I was told by staff that I can no longer apply as that character

Because of the earlier point, always applied with Edgar, always the same app. The previous and current team want a fresh perspective.

I have added many flaws and issues that he deals with has a character, so he isn't that "i do science" character.

I haven't really seen these flaws, only recently I had to speak to you about doing RnD, Xenobiology and Robotics. The specifics on why I didn't allow this are lost to me but I'm sure I can dig them up, they're a bit irrelevant at the moment.

I have had people tell me I should apply only to be told that I can't.

You can apply and play Edgar as an RD, you just can't apply with Edgar.

Those people have also stated this ruling is dumb.

They're entitled to their opinion. As do the people that support this ruling or just don't care about it.

It's not about the Past, It's about the future and how to advance. I just want people to stop looking at the past and thinking of me as this player who does stuff.

I agree, that's why we want a new perspective. You elect to bring back the past.

I have come back and already made friends IC and OOC who don't know what happened. I just want a fair chance with the staff who have been here and the players I meet.

You have that chance, just make a whitelist without using Edgar.

My stance remains the same.

You are not banned from making a head whitelist at all. We are more than willing to give you a chance to apply again. The ruling on not applying Edgar is purely due to the fact that it will probably end up a carbon copy if not a very similar varient of your previous applications. this does not mean you cannot play Edgar as a research director if the whitelist is accepted. By what abo has said we have no issue with you applying. We simply do not want to see something we have already seen numerous times before. I understand that it has been a year but whitelist applications are there to show that you are worthy of the title and that the amount of effort you put in reflects on you as a player. Copy and pasting an old application doesn't really scream effort does it? Do not take this the wrong way, we're not saying no more head whitelist for you. We are saying that a year has passed and it's OK to apply. We just want to see something new so we can gather a fair judgement.

You are not banned from making a head whitelist at all. We are more than willing to give you a chance to apply again. The ruling on not applying Edgar is purely due to the fact that it will probably end up a carbon copy if not a very similar varient of your previous applications. this does not mean you cannot play Edgar as a research director if the whitelist is accepted. By what abo has said we have no issue with you applying. We simply do not want to see something we have already seen numerous times before. I understand that it has been a year but whitelist applications are there to show that you are worthy of the title and that the amount of effort you put in reflects on you as a player. Copy and pasting an old application doesn't really scream effort does it? Do not take this the wrong way, we're not saying no more head whitelist for you. We are saying that a year has passed and it's OK to apply. We just want to see something new so we can gather a fair judgement.

I actually have lost my lore from Edgar and will be 100% rewriting it, I really don't care about. And Synth. I have seen apps that aren't characters they play denied cause no one knows the character. Thats why I am scared on writing one of those.

I mean.. you don't have to play a character before applying with them. My head of security was played *once* as a visitor before I applied, and I got accepted. Be a good player, come up with a good backstory, and it's not hard to get accepted.

There is stuff I don't want to say on the forums here that will play into affect in it. It is hard for me because I've been here for so long and everyone always remembers the bad things I did. It's hard to get anywhere

Perhaps then its good to get try with another character then, if you show the community that you have changed by introducing a new character, then perhaps people are less likely to -1 your application, and if they do its out of a grudge thats something we usually ignore in the application process. Rewriting Edgar isn't going to change much, because they are still that, Edgar. A fresh face, fresh name, and fresh attitude would go far, ya' know?

Perhaps then its good to get try with another character then, if you show the community that you have changed by introducing a new character, then perhaps people are less likely to -1 your application, and if they do its out of a grudge thats something we usually ignore in the application process. Rewriting Edgar isn't going to change much, because they are still that, Edgar. A fresh face, fresh name, and fresh attitude would go far, ya' know?

That is my point Toaster, I find it really hard to RP a new character. I like sticking to one character, and it always goes back to it, I can't keep myself to playing that character cause I like science too much. It's not the character, I just want to keep playing who I love

Guest Marlon Phoenix

You have been arguing up and down to allow Edgar Dawnguard to be the character you apply with, despite every past whitelist app you made with Edgar being denied. You have applied with Dawnguard over and over again, and he's the only character you play. You lost his entire character sheet and instead of making a new character you're rebooting him. Staff are dead-ass telling you straight up that you can take basically apply with a whitelist with a character that you immediately delete upon getting your whitelist. Play 2 rounds with Throwius Awaylon. You can get command cred in under 24 hours.

I support the ruling because you are insisting really hard that you are permitted to brute force your way into Command with a wish-fufillment character and that would be a real annoying thing to do because I had to get a Command whitelist with a reasonable and realistic character just like everybody else. I don't even play the character I originally applied with. It literally does not matter. Apply as literally anyone else.

Go to the character sheet. Hit a random name. Come up with a basic backstory to meet the qualification minimum for Research Director. Give them an extra specialty for fluff. Boom, you have 2 paragraphs right there.

Dittoing as to the above post.

Wanting Edgar to be command and wishing for it to this degree is doing more harm for you than it is doing any good for your case. What's the issue of using literally anyone other than Edgar as a character for command?

What are the merits of Edgar as a possible head of staff character? Do you really deserve the whitelist, at this point?

Give us new perspective to review instead of trying the same thing over and over again without necessarily making changes in presentation or methods.

That is my point Toaster, I find it really hard to RP a new character. I like sticking to one character, and it always goes back to it, I can't keep myself to playing that character cause I like science too much. It's not the character, I just want to keep playing who I love

I completely understand this and i am empathetic to your feelings here dude. Regardless im going to have to side with abosh's original ruling here. You just need to apply with a fresh character and make a NEW application based on said character. you can still make Edgar an RD once you get your white-list.

I completely understand this and i am empathetic to your feelings here dude. Regardless im going to have to side with abosh's original ruling here. You just need to apply with a fresh character and make a NEW application based on said character. you can still make Edgar an RD once you get your white-list.

Delete this post please. I knew this wasn't going to go anywhere. I just wanted to see what the hell would happen. But as usual what I predicted was correct. You guys all look towards the past as usual