Staff Complaint - Zelmana

BYOND Key: ben10083

Staff BYOND Key: [mention]Zelmana[/mention]

Game ID: bUI-dh9R (when I found out, the game id of incident I do not know)

Reason for complaint: ok so I finally found out that I got jobbanned from cyborg, and the situation was as follows to me;

I was told to rescue miner that finally got back in station, when I saw them they had severe internal bleeding and infection, so I inject some chemicals (bicarne, the other two stablizaers in cyborg hypnospray, and some dexalin for suffocation), keep in mind each one never went above 20 u (common level of overdose). I then start to bring them back to medical, but they were quickly dying to infection and all the other stuff the miner had. AI ordered me to place miner in a sleeper and to preform dialysis, as since I was linked, I done so. By the time I got to sleeper to actually be able to start helping he was at -99% health. After 2 seconds of being in sleeper he died. At cloning, I had someone place them in scanner, and I tried NUMEROUS times to save, but each one had 'Mental Interface Failure", after around 10 times trying (spacing out). I gave up as well as other person and they were declared dead. Overall I did all I could to save the person, and when that failed the person did not respond to cloning by entering body. I feel that I did not do anything wrong and I wish to have the ban striken off my record and the ban lifted.

Evidence/logs/etc: https://prnt.sc/jhffbe

Additional remarks: found out why I was banned, but the incident was awhile ago so I do not know specific details like names. Found who did banned me so I edited title

Quick notification that I'll be handling this complaint.

Here is the actual ban reason:

ben10083 zelmana 2018-05-11 03:14:14 Banned from Cyborg - You responded, as a medical cyborg to an emergency. Player involved was pumped full of chemicals before being transported to the medbay. They were not stabilized, and died very shortly. After unsuccessful attempt to clone the individual, you claimed them as unable to clone (when it was very much possible but was being performed incorrectly). Please refrain from playing cyborg roles in which you are unfamiliar of the mechanics. Has numerous incidents regarding synthetic actions.

I went back to review the relevant tickets, as well as the game-mode overall. To ensure privacy, I will not be posting the logs publicly but have put them within the staff discussion areas for transparency purposes. Validation of these logs may be requested by another staff if you wish. Here's a breakdown of the compiled logs in a format that does not disclose players ckeys or character names:

You find said a miner within the yellow dock, as instructed to bring him to medical.

You inject them with 20u Dexalin, 20u Bicaridine, 15u Inaprovaline. A fellow member of medbay warns you that you should be careful to not overdose them. You inject them with 10u Tramadol, as well as 25u Antitoxin. The player who warned you earlier states they are overdosing. (Which is incorrect as we have ascertained by looking at the round logs.)

However, you then transported this individual without the use of a roller bed. When inside the medbay, the medbay player who was warning you earlier states that they need immediate dialysis. The miner almost immediately dies on their arrival to medbay.

You attempt to clone them, which fails. Another member of medbay states "Comically bad medical android forgets a roller bed and then overdoses a miner on god knows what. More at 11." in reference to your transport of the miner. Once again, in looking back at the logs the amount of medicine is not what killed said miner.

The miner is pronounced MMI / MFI, and some time passes. You state the miner was at -97% health (which was true).

The body is transported to CSI and an autopsy is performed. Medical requests the body back after a length of time. The miner makes this statement shortly after: "tfw you didn't get cloned because you were shoved in somebody else's bag :P" leading me to believe there may have been some additional error in the first attempt at cloning.

The miner has a funeral performed.

One of the attendees, a medical doctor, questions whether or not they were attempted to be cloned properly. They conduct another attempt, believing that there was malpractice.

With the correct mixture of clonexadone, they successfully restore the body of the miner.

You logged out, I am guessing, before the funeral as you were not present during the time multiple tickets were made shortly after the failed attempt at cloning the first time.

Looking over all of this during the game-mode, including multiple tickets regarding your malpractice as a medical cyborg, prompts me to look into past incidents. 60% of said past incidents include the abuse or misuse of synthetic (cyborg, ai, drone) abilities or roleplay expectations. Due to a past of abuses of these roles, I thought I was being a bit lenient when only banning you from the cyborg role, in hopes that you would appeal with a reasonable explanation. Overall, I stand by my original reason- I do not believe that you have played the role with sufficient knowledge of your chosen medical module, and in doing so failed to properly play said role. Although you did not overdose the individual, pumping them with so many various things all at once as, dragging them from yellow dock to medbay with heavy wounds should be enough considering past incidents. (As well as considering the inability to clone, but that may have been due to issues outside of your control as a medical cyborg).

dragging them from yellow dock to medbay with heavy wounds should be enough considering past incidents.

I see what you mean, but medical module bots cannot carry roller beds, rescue can however. I can see that I overdosed them slightly, and I apologise for that, I was hurrying in an attempt for the miner to even have a chance to survive, and I must have clicked too many times (but I assure you that I knew what the chemicals did, it just so happened that he needed almost every single one I had). I asked in discord and in OOC about if medical borgs can hold roller beds, and they cannot. Even if I brought one with me, I would require hands to unfold it.

On a side note, I had someone else do the body bag, since I couldn't unfold it, it was same person who placed body in scanner since I couldn't place body in.

Overall, the heavy damage was relatively out of my control since I could not wait for someone to come with a roller bed before they died, so I had to hurry them to medbay.

I was the AI this round, Akino, when the miner was moved into medical he was gaining about 5 toxin damage per second, with mostly only toxin and oxy damage, and I assumed it was overdose from my experience with multiple overdose cases. The borg WAS dragging the body without a stretcher, but it wasn't opening the wounds at all, apparently due to them already being treated and healed on the outside. I commanded dialysis and planned to find out what was being overdosed, and try and counter it in a sleeper. No matter if he'd been put into cryo or dyalisis, he would have died either way. We did attempt cloning, about 15 times, for about two minutes. Another person had died just before due to antag stuff, and they were being processed for cloning as well, somewhere along the lines the bags did get mixed up and they both got sent to the CSI when only one of them had to.

This borg was working to the best of its ability, and although both of us may have made an error somewhere, I don't think they deserve a borg ban. They obviously understood mechanics and communicated with me properly during the round about what was going on, and we were commanded by the Captain at the time to not argue/defend ourselves from the other crew insulting and telling us we failed.

Honestly? Sometimes people forget there are humans playing these AI characters, and that humans can still make errors. It is only human to err.

Hello there.

I'll start with a question: was there someone else treating the person when you were doing such? What caused the toxins damage? The logs say you apparently did not cause an overdose, as all the chemicals you administered are under their overdose threshold, but I am still curious as to what led to the toxins damage, if no external factors were involved, like spiders, other doctors or whatever it was that caused it. Was it suffocation damage that killed the patient? Or was it brute? Can you explain a bit what damages the person had when they were first scanned, and how they looked when you started transporting them to the Medbay -after stabilization-, from the top of your head? If all wounds were patched properly before dragging them (included checking for fractures in the chest, that can cause internal bleeding if dragged), and no overdose was caused by you, then you are not the cause of the death of the patient, and should not be held accountable for it.

You have several past notes and warnings in regards to your cyborg play. These are mostly related to Security, not having any notes or warnings in regards on how you play your medical module. If this was indeed an accident due to poor handling of the situation, it is fine. We all make mistakes, and we all deserve a chance to learn from them. This is why, in case the death wasn't directly caused by you at all, and the person simply died of their already existing injuries, with no worsening of the condition while under your care, I am personally in favour of Zelmana lifting this ban completely, with the expectation that you avoid committing any of these errors in the future. You already have many warnings and notes due to how you play your cyborg, and it's the reason why you were banned by Zelm right off the bat; you will be still on a delicate situation if this ban is removed.

A decision will taken once you have answered the questions presented above. [mention]ben10083[/mention]

Hello there.

I'll start with a question: was there someone else treating the person when you were doing such? What caused the toxins damage? The logs say you apparently did not cause an overdose, as all the chemicals you administered are under their overdose threshold, but I am still curious as to what led to the toxins damage, if no external factors were involved, like spiders, other doctors or whatever it was that caused it. Was it suffocation damage that killed the patient? Or was it brute? Can you explain a bit what damages the person had when they were first scanned, and how they looked when you started transporting them to the Medbay -after stabilization-, from the top of your head? If all wounds were patched properly before dragging them (included checking for fractures in the chest, that can cause internal bleeding if dragged), and no overdose was caused by you, then you are not the cause of the death of the patient, and should not be held accountable for it.

1. No, I had them from when they were brought into station to death, unless I didn't get notified they did

2. toxin damage due to infection

3. if I recall, it was HIGH toxin and/or suffocation, I am pretty sure brute was not a factor

4. no time for scan (unless you meant the basic one, in which case, bone fracture and infection)

5. cant remember when they looked like, pretty sure I wasnt really focused on looks, just looking at vitals while looking at where I needed to go.