NursieKittie gimmick complaint

BYOND Key: ToasterRoboto

Staff BYOND Key: NursieKitty

Game ID: bUA-aNnf

Reason for complaint: Nursie said to take this to a staff complaint. It was a conflux round and our (cult) gimmick was that we worshiped the Supermatter. Despite the fact that we were playing as if we weren't blood cult, Nursie made us stop playing the gimmick because it deviated from the established lore surrounding the gamemode.

Evidence/logs/etc: Lost them because I closed the tab and had to re-write this entire thing. Kind of important, if someone could get them I'd appreciate it.

Additional remarks: Less a complaint towards nursie and more just the situation as a whole.

I will explain this to you as I had explained it in the ahelps.

The cultists we see in game are based in our lore.

https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?p=59180#p59180

https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?p=59183#p59183

The Cult of Narsie is canon. All the power they have comes from Narsie, their abilities to summon arms and armor, to manifest ghosts, heal themselves, etcetera. They are ingrained in our universe as a blood cult that worships Narsie with the intent of bringing it into this plane, and I told you that the gimmick was unnecessary and inappropriate for these reasons.

You also said that this had been cleared before by a trial mod named "Sentinal" or something similar, but we do not have a trial mod or even a full staff member going by this name.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking in consideration the nature of the cult, Nar'sie and etc, I believe that while some variation in the gimmick is possible, it should not really go really far from the theme of a blood cult, because the very own mechanics are tied to it. While taking certain things or people as holy would be fine, you could not really just ignore all the blood and Nar'sie that exist on the gamemode. I see little issue with staff telling people that they should stick to the theme and basics of the gamemode, now were the cultists planning to just ignore the blood cult background and just focus on the supermatter?

Taking in consideration the nature of the cult, Nar'sie and etc, I believe that while some variation in the gimmick is possible, it should not really go really far from the theme of a blood cult, because the very own mechanics are tied to it. While taking certain things or people as holy would be fine, you could not really just ignore all the blood and Nar'sie that exist on the gamemode. I see little issue with staff telling people that they should stick to the theme and basics of the gamemode, now were the cultists planning to just ignore the blood cult background and just focus on the supermatter?

Yeah, we were going to ignore the nar'sie stuff and just focus on the supermatter for the round.

I have no issue with nursie telling you people to drop it, because just ignoring the entire mechanical part of the gamemode, mostly when there is converison and etc, which is clearly based on blood is not something that is going to fly. There are other more open ended gamemodes, such as rev, where that would be fine, cult is not the case. Anyway, I do not think that the admin in question did anything wrong here and I believe we could clear it up a bit more on the area of how far gimmicks can go. Are you fine with this resolution?