Staff BYOND Key: Tbear13

Game ID: bUB-cIYx (the round after)

Reason for complaint: ...I'm not sure how to classify this, check the logs

Evidence/logs/etc: 1Q315bS.png

NAaRrdB.png

uNKjZpF.png

:roll::roll::roll:

Additional remarks:

Do I really need to say anything else? I've never laughed so hard at a bwoink.

I suppose I should point out that this has nothing to do with the primary reason that I was boinked which I have decided not to argue with further, it was just an additional accusation he decided to throw in. Which he relentlessly defended despite this screenshot.

So hi there, I'm the guy you wrote this about. I'll go ahead and take this point by point.

BYOND Key: Tequilajoe

Staff BYOND Key: Tbear13

Game ID: bUB-cIYx (the round after)

Yup, the round in question's ID was bUB-bY4v .

Reason for complaint: ...I'm not sure how to classify this, check the logs

Evidence/logs/etc: 1Q315bS.png

NAaRrdB.png

uNKjZpF.png

:roll::roll::roll:

So, yeah, I feel like we weren't quite on the same page during the PMs. My issue wasn't exactly that you came to the conclusion that they were either modified or not-human, but more that, after jumping into a fight as a (probably) untrained doctor, you immediately, and without any surprise, emotion, or taking any time to think about it, you say "This guy is either genetically modified, has cybernetics, or he's an alien," or something along those lines. I feel like someone, coming out of such an adrenaline filled few minutes, might second-guess themselves a bit at least, y'know? I suppose I didn't convey that exact concern quite as well as I could have, so I apologize for that.

Additional remarks:

Do I really need to say anything else? I've never laughed so hard at a bwoink.

I suppose I should point out that this has nothing to do with the primary reason that I was boinked which I have decided not to argue with further, it was just an additional accusation he decided to throw in. Which he relentlessly defended despite this screenshot.

Well, the "accusation" wasn't just random. I had a concern about the behavior, and I wanted to bring it up with you. So, a note about this behavior was attached to the warning, just so other staff will know about the incident in the future. I hope this clears up all your concerns, feel free to bring up any more, though.

I see where you're coming from. I feel that I need to better explain my objection, so I apologize for being too brief in my OP.

My chief complaint with your behavior is that it seemed to me that you were simply reaching for additional justification for my warning. And while I'm not here to debate the primary purpose of the warning, I strongly feel that you were inappropriate to admonish me for claiming that the guy who shot my eyes with his /tongue/ might possibly be an inhuman creature.

I see where you're coming from. I feel that I need to better explain my objection, so I apologize for being too brief in my OP.

My chief complaint with your behavior is that it seemed to me that you were simply reaching for additional justification for my warning.

Well, the warning was going to be added either way, so, yeah.

And while I'm not here to debate the primary purpose of the warning, I strongly feel that you were inappropriate to admonish me for claiming that the guy who shot my eyes with his /tongue/ might possibly be an inhuman creature.

So, my issue with it this was that you didn't say they "might possibly" be anything. You said "they are modified with cybernetics or genetics, or they're an alien." You had zero hesitation or surprise about the discovery, and you seemed totally certain of it. Like I said previously, you were a (probably) untrained doctor, coming off an adrenaline high, after jumping into a brawl. I feel like, in that case, you wouldn't be a hundred percent certain of everything you saw.

It could simply be that his character has that quality of overconfidence or, in the heat of the moment, he mentally latched onto his first impression of the events. In a scenario like that, where you watch someone's tongue stretch out to strike someone like a spear, assuming something wild like it's an alien is the average person's first reaction. It takes a cool head and nerves, and a lot of smarts to actually question whether the extremely alien thing you just saw might actually be explained in some other, even more complex way.

And, coming off an adrenaline high after jumping into a brawl, he would not likely be in a state to intelligently question his senses. He saw something crazy and described it in an accurate way.

I would like to add that we have encountered Catfolk, Lizardmen, Fishpeople, Energy-devouring hiveminded plant people, giant ants.

If a human shows extraordinary (unnatural) biological abilities then the logical leap from "This is a human somehow modified to do this" to "This is an unknown alien disguised as a human." isn't that far away.

After some long and thought out discussion, [mention]Coalf[/mention] and I have decided that Tbear's ruling is faulty. However, he has admitted to this, and the complaint seems to have fixed itself on it's own. So, we will be removing any notes, warnings, etc that were received in the interaction (if any) and we hope both parties can move on comfortably and continue to enjoy the game-play on our server.

No punishments are being applied to either player.

Locking and Archiving.