Staff Complaint-Ezuo

BYOND Key: BygoneHero

Staff BYOND Key: Ezuo

Game ID: bU4-bpl4

Reason for complaint: Status Quo Bias towards their want to keep the round as it is.(They were the CMO) Closing ahelps without following up on requests.

Evidence/logs/etc:

]3a07e0395b.png57553f0755.png39d4ff60ef.png

Additional remarks: It took a little less than 3 minutes to contact both admins, who were on the server at the time. Instead of attempting to contact them, Ezuo closed my ahelp, even when I informed them that the question was for administrators, neither was contacted by Ezuo. This dismissal out of hand and being needlessly confrontational (you will need to live with that fact) is evidence of bias and is not something moderation staff should exhibit, especially in this situation, which is neither a situation of an administrative action or a rule violation.

I do not believe Ezuo understands that it is not their job to handle a question for admins as they did, especially when I was clear in my second response that the question was for an admin. I also do not believe Ezuo would have been unduly troubled in contacting either admin in this case about my question, as I achieved a response from both within 3 minutes after the conclusion of our ahelp exchange. I believe this complaint was reportable, as continued activities like this can create a hostile environment where players will not want to ask questions pertaining to rules, rounds or otherwise.

By default asking in ahelps for extra antagonists or things to "spice up the round" is a hard no. Anyone can and will tell you that. Sure there have been times when the stars have aligned and we've added some things or affected the round in some way. You basically should never ask for them.

By default asking in ahelps for extra antagonists or things to "spice up the round" is a hard no. Anyone can and will tell you that. Sure there have been times when the stars have aligned and we've added some things or affected the round in some way. You basically should never ask for them.

Except, this is not the case. Every lore dev at one point or time has asked to start a event or mini event. Simply asking such should not warrant a hostile response, nor should it be answered by a mod, because it is not an issue they can address.

Lore devs are a slight exception. Almost every time its been done theres some sort of communication before hand or a thread or some sort of administrator adoption behind it. There is an enormous difference between asking to spice up the round as a player and approaching an administrator as a lore dev and going "i want to run a lore event". Every mod and admin can see an ahelp when it arrives and they all hear the magical bwoink sound. It is certainly within the realm of possibility that an administrator could decide to over rule ezuo and add something to the round but is not the norm and it is not really how we operate

I just do not agree this is a hostile response either. You asked a simple question "would anyone want to spice up the round if its extended" and he responded "the round type is the round type. if it is extended you will need to live with that fact".

Lore devs are a slight exception. Almost every time its been done theres some sort of communication before hand or a thread or some sort of administrator adoption behind it. There is an enormous difference between asking to spice up the round as a player and approaching an administrator as a lore dev and going "i want to run a lore event". Every mod and admin can see an ahelp when it arrives and they all hear the magical bwoink sound. It is certainly within the realm of possibility that an administrator could decide to over rule ezuo and add something to the round but is not the norm and it is not really how we operate

I just do not agree this is a hostile response either. You asked a simple question "would anyone want to spice up the round if its extended" and he responded "the round type is the round type. if it is extended you will need to live with that fact".

Again, this is incorrect. There is no official mechanism to prepare, request, validate or adopt a event. I should know, as I tried to get one passed with jackboots for the very reason you described. The attempt thus far has been ignored as you may see in our staff channels. There is no official way to approach an admin about adopting a event, and each admin has their own preferences concerning such.

So since theres no OFFICIAL WRITTEN DOWN POLICY of how to get an event adopted its irrelevant how lore devs have done it in the past? Even if i accept this you either dont understand or you do not agree why lore devs getting events done is different from a player ahelping and asking "for the round to be spiced up". I am saying that when lore devs HAVE gotten events done its never been ONLY an ahelp during the round "HEY CAN I RUN A LORE EVENT".

So since theres no OFFICIAL WRITTEN DOWN POLICY of how to get an event adopted its irrelevant how lore devs have done it in the past? Even if i accept this you either dont understand or you do not agree why lore devs getting events done is different from a player ahelping and asking "for the round to be spiced up". I am saying that when lore devs HAVE gotten events done its never been ONLY an ahelp during the round "HEY CAN I RUN A LORE EVENT".

I have personally ran a few mini events, with flamingo in particular much in this way. I am aware that several other mini events also progress in this way. In any event, this is largely off topic, as the complaint as listed in my reasoning indicates that the reason for the complaint is their failure to notify anyone when asked, and their dismissal of the idea, when they are personally involved in the round.

as the complaint as listed in my reasoning indicates that the reason for the complaint is their failure to notify anyone when asked, and their dismissal of the idea, when they are personally involved in the round.

Right, and im telling you for this question they do not NEED to notify anyone else and there is no official staff policy on managing things you're involved in. Its discouraged and 99% of the time staff disclose it and hand it off to someone else anyway. This isn't a case where he should have.

Right, and im telling you for this question they do not NEED to notify anyone else and there is no official staff policy on managing things you're involved in.
Except, its impossible for them to answer my ahelp, as I specified it was for an admin. Additionally, the offical policy, as written on the moderator criteria page is quoted

Skull "Similarly, when you yourself are involved, you need to be able to identify and deal with this. Sometimes this means calling for backup and giving someone else the reigns. Other times, you simply must put your own self away and deal with the issue from a neutral perspective. Having the capacity to do the latter is a great quality."

Its discouraged and 99% of the time staff disclose it and hand it off to someone else anyway. This isn't a case where he should have.

If it is discouraged then they should have passed it off to someone else, as they were the CMO of this round. Additionally, Ezuo had no way of knowing if I had or had not already spoken with the admins concerning a mini-event, so this point is moot.

ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO ANSWER YOUR AHELP

I TOLD YOU ITS HOW WE ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS DEAL WITH THOSE SPECIFIC AHELPS

THERE IS NUANCE TO "BEING INVOLVED" JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE PLAYING IN ROUND DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE ALWAYS INVOLVED

DO

YOU

UNDERSTAND?!

ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO ANSWER YOUR AHELP

I TOLD YOU ITS HOW WE ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS DEAL WITH THOSE SPECIFIC AHELPS

THERE IS NUANCE TO "BEING INVOLVED" JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE PLAYING IN ROUND DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE ALWAYS INVOLVED

DO

YOU

UNDERSTAND?!

Perhaps you misunderstand. I was not clear with the answering part. No, its impossible for them to resolve my ahelp because they are not an admin and do not have the permissions to start any kind of event. They can answer it, they can even ask someone for me, both of these things are not hard, nor are they particularly disruptive to anyone involved. The unwarranted hostility is revealed because they did not even try to. If they do not try for staff, why would they try for a player? What if another player suggested they speak to another admin regarding an administrative issue? Key details could be lost because of this lack of communication. This, coupled with me asking to spice up the round that they are involved in is a reason to suspect Bias. I do not think we will achieve anything more productive from the continued reiteration of this topic and suggest we await the resolution of this matter with whoever is assigned this complaint.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I do not know what else to tell you man. I just could not disagree more with your entire perspective here. Gonna have to rule against you.

If this is an official ruling, you should probably state so, although I doubt this issue can be resolved this quickly, especially since Ezuo has not even responded to any of this themselves. Furthermore, even discounting the bias, I don't know why its unexpected for a mod to give someone the courtesy of asking, or barring that, waiting for someone to answer. The fact you have reached this conclusion so quickly does not really give me the impression you have investigated the issue at all.