ReadThisNamePlz - Warning

BYOND Key: XanderDox

Staff BYOND Key: Readthisnameplz

Game ID: Don't have the game ID, but this is the exact time stamp: 2018-04-04 20:52:56

Reason for complaint: Appealing a bad warning

Evidence/logs/etc:

Listed Warning

After having an emp grenade thrown at them by Kelly Stocker, Eleanor Shen ran up with the warden and wordlessly attacked the FT with her baton, the FT had no visible weapons and was not an immediate threat at the time. They could have had the Warden do this instead of themselves, this is also in a sense frontlining.

Additional remarks:

I was dealing with a short staffing of Security, I was standing in the brig, specifically outside investigations, speaking to the Warden - who was telling me the Forensics Technician was plotting my murder/overthrowing. I was already in my armour due to the on going security threats, and I had no intention of front lining by being inside the heart of security, away from threats.

But at this time, an EMP grenade came flying down the Forensics Stairs. Only the Warden and I were here, but to my recollection they were either injured, or the EMP affected their legs/arms which may have been mechanical.

At this time, my implant is fried in my head, my gun is halfcharged from the EMP, and the person trying to (ALONE) overthrow my station's command structure and kill me is upstairs. I have the support of a damaged Warden behind me. I open the dropped firelock, and walk up the stairs.

I stepped into the CSI office, strode towards them and batonned them down. They were arrested and promptly ahelped me for gank. As you can see in the warning, despite all of this being obvious, Mod ReadThis said that the FT had no visible weapons and was not an immediate threat at the time.

I challenge this, the CSI had no idea whether I had a mechanical heart or limbs - if I did, I could have been seriously injured or died due to heart failure. Alone throwing an EMP grenade at the Captain is enough to label yourself as a hostile, who is considered an immediate threat. In line with Gank Rule Clarifications setup by Doomberg in the Staff Vault, which were recently re-affirmed to me by Garn or Abo as being effectively still considered policy, I was in my right place to baton them without intiating a paragraph, as THEY HAD STARTED THE COMBAT BY THROWING A GRENADE AT ME.

I would like this warning expunged, which will then lead me to challenging my recent secban which I also believe was grossly mishandled (I was banned for not being there for the discussion, because I left to start a shower and excited SS13 without seeing the bwoink, and then made aware of this by a completely random member of staff I had not spoken to that round) because this warning was used as evidence to support that ban as well. Thank you for reading this.

Hey there, I'll be 100% honest with you, I can't recall a single thing from this round. I do, however want to point out, that this shouldn't have any sway on their security ban, considering they were a Captain at the time, not a Head of Security or and security position at all. I'm fine with the warning being removed early if it wasn't warning worthy. It could have just been a large mistake on my part.

I still need to know why this specific warning took 3 months to challenge. You realize the amount of work this will specifically take due to this increased delay? I know for a fact I was present in this round, most likely observing. But I have little to no recollection to these events due the time frame from the warning until now. Avery also stated they barely recall any of this, so any witness testimony from the staff side is going to be severely impaired.

I still need to know why this specific warning took 3 months to challenge. You realize the amount of work this will specifically take due to this increased delay? I know for a fact I was present in this round, most likely observing. But I have little to no recollection to these events due the time frame from the warning until now. Avery also stated they barely recall any of this, so any witness testimony from the staff side is going to be severely impaired.

Because appeals of things for me tend to be drawn out, annoying and it was exam time.

Why couldn't you have written it after exam time?

I frankly didn't care about it existing until it impacted a staff member's decision to secban me. I have found 90% of my warnings invalid, and I've appealed very few. My decision to appeal is up to me, is it not? There is no rule here about appealing within a certain amount of time.

Why couldn't you have written it after exam time?

I frankly didn't care about it existing until it impacted a staff member's decision to secban me. I have found 90% of my warnings invalid, and I've appealed very few. My decision to appeal is up to me, is it not? There is no rule here about appealing within a certain amount of time.

There's no explicit rule on appealing/contesting as to provide people that take a hiatus unbeknownst of some punishment, or in the odd case, a staff entry tags them due to some shared address. I do however reserve the right to close this complaint if I find a lack of merit to.

That being said. I'll give this a look. Any/all information you can provide in addition helps. I cannot guarantee any major results of this, since testimony is a major part of this, the time frame makes it more unreliable, as the logs do not provide everything.

Warning has been expunged per the investigation.

I conferred with multiple people. Reviewing the logs and what was posted here revealed that the warning itself does not appear to be valid given the context of the round and what culminated in the punished action.

I'll keep this open for another 24 hours unless anything new of relevance is added.