Staff Complaint - House of Synth

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Ok! Thank you house of synth. Your response is very illuminating.

If i am understanding you now correctly my intent was not being clearly put across. "At any cost keep this going" was the only real slip and i can concede that it does look like a disconnect.

Do you feel it would have been more acceptable if i had more tells? Such as, plainly describing what im doing icly? If i had said over command "im organizing a way to keep a bunch of people safe and occupied and its going to look casual to prevent a panic", and had a few emotes about nervousness, would the situation had been more clear on what i was planning? Even if its only visible to ghosts and admins, would being caught slippin' make it more acceptable?

If i am understanding you now correctly my intent was not being clearly put across. "At any cost keep this going" was the only real slip and i can concede that it does look like a disconnect.

That's entirely correct, yes. As I said, I love it when people put together IC events that make the round open to be more interesting but yes, that was my reasoning behind the warning.

Do you feel it would have been more acceptable if i had more tells? Such as, plainly describing what im doing icly? If i had said over command "im organizing a way to keep a bunch of people safe and occupied and its going to look casual to prevent a panic", and had a few emotes about nervousness, would the situation had been more clear on what i was planning? Even if its only visible to ghosts and admins, would being caught slippin' make it more acceptable?

You hit the nail on the head here. That would have been a perfect course of action. Telling command that you were creating a safe zone would have given the option to send folk there. It also lets them know you're doing something to aid the situation. Making sure cargo are making sure engineering and security have all the things they need and then perhaps ordering them to head over to the event, as well as other civilians. Things like that would have shown that you were doing something positive during the crisis. People in a crisis are less likely to be enticed to come to a rap event if they don't know it's 'subtext'. Offering a more obvious secondary aim of keeping people safe to it would have made it known that there was a safe place for crew to be during the crisis. Thus showing you were doing something. As for emoting nervousness and such, that also would have helped; showing you are hearing and taking in what's going on around the station at that time. Had these sorts of things been done, I would have gladly declared the situation as valid.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Ok! Thats fair. Ill incorporate all of this into any situations i stumble into again in the future. I can acknowledge the warning.