Cultist Ban Request: Bakagaijin

Baka

BYOND Key: Bakagaijin

Accused Players Byond Key: Bakagaijin

Time of Act: n/a

Reason for Ban: I think I should be banned for playing cultist because I always seem to get it even when its checked off, and even then I don't really contribute to the cultist's goal all that much. I rather others who are more willing get chosen to be starting cultist instead of me.

Evidence: Straight from the horse's mouth.

Just want to make sure you realize that if you are banned from cultist you will never be able to be converted, manifested from a ghost, or turned into creatures in the cult gamemode.

Just want to make sure you realize that if you are banned from cultist you will never be able to be converted, manifested from a ghost, or turned into creatures in the cult gamemode.

Can non-admins get in on this?

• 1 month later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

When you join a cult round you are agreeing to play as if you will eventually be converted. If you want to avoid being a cultist at round start, you can keep it unchecked and join the station after the round has already started and allotted its cultists. I know you're intelligent enough to recognize this easy fix without making it impossible to ever be cult again, but I don't think you really thought through the other consequences.

What do you expect to happen during cult rounds when you're captured? You can't be converted. You're basically wasting the time of the cult that goes through all the trouble of capturing you. The only thing left for them to do is kill you, and in that case you're just making it so you'd rather be killed than participate in the round properly. That's not really fun for you I imagine, or anyone else.

I'd like if they just killed me instead of converting me.

Cult RP is so weird to me in the fashion that I don't know how to play someone who's been brainwashed without resistance.

I usually end up just trying to die ASAP so that I don't have to play anymore. I'd like if it just forced them to slit my throat and toss me in a disposals bin instead of me having to shout "I SEE IT NOW" and take up arms with them.

4fa7fd2433092f5d6d6c2cec395193af.png cough cough or give me this message :)

Honestly, I actually like to see cultists who don't do shit. If I'm not a starter cultist, I pretty much have my characters turn into gibbering buffoons because that's fun. Not "oh my god I'm a cultist" buffoon, but rather "THE VEIL HAS BEEN SUNDERED, LIFE AS WE KNOW IT IS DEAD, THE UNIVERSE IS DEAAAADDD!"

When you join a cult round you are agreeing to play as if you will eventually be converted. If you want to avoid being a cultist at round start, you can keep it unchecked and join the station after the round has already started and allotted its cultists. I know you're intelligent enough to recognize this easy fix without making it impossible to ever be cult again, but I don't think you really thought through the other consequences.

What do you expect to happen during cult rounds when you're captured? You can't be converted. You're basically wasting the time of the cult that goes through all the trouble of capturing you. The only thing left for them to do is kill you, and in that case you're just making it so you'd rather be killed than participate in the round properly. That's not really fun for you I imagine, or anyone else.

To counter this, cult is a common roundtype from secret. Meow would have no way of knowing that it's a cult roundtype from that standpoint, and maybe they want to play as another antag type (Traitor, vampire, ling, etc) so they ready up at round start. They don't have cult ticked off, but I've been told by devs that the server will select people, even if they don't have cult ticked, if there weren't enough cultists at round start.

Sierra, there's a very simple (concept-wise - not sure how hard it would be code-wise): have Cult follow the rules of Nukeops, and have the game hold until there's enough people volunteering/online for a Cult round to be a valid round or until an admin/mod gets tired and launches the gamemode vote again.

Because let's face it - it would be better for everyone if a gamemode was skipped instead of abducting unwilling, possibly completely incompetent/Greytide players into a role they don't want/shouldn't have.

I'm with Baka on this one - I already HATE the Cult gamemode (among others), but being FORCED to either be a Head Cultist (it happened once - head cultist IPC sucks mighty ass) or to play on a deadhour 8-player cult round, it makes me mad.

• 4 weeks later...