Technokat - Ban Request

I apologise, I thought I made it clear I don't exactly support the ban. Well, really in truth I don't as I've stated beforehand my experience with TechnoKat is a pleasant one. However, if this was the average user, things would've been handled alot more differently. But moving on, I find it interesting the point you bring up; maybe he doesn't understand his warnings, or how to improve his behavior. I have to disagree with what you say about not resorting to different tactics - that has already happened and it has no effect.

Since you said you have a connection to him and can post his reply, perhaps you can get us an answer from him directly. And as much as I don't support the ban however the facts are undeniably stacked against TechnoKat in this instance.

I just don't understand how someone can even accumulate 28 warnings.

At some point, a mod or admin would look at Techno's notes and go: "Hey, that's a lot of warnings, perhaps we should go have a longer talk with him." The fact that he's accumulated such a large number of warnings without being permabanned or punished in any other way seems to be leading me to believe this might have never been done.

If steps have never been taken to change the user's behavior, I'm not sure how much I even want to blame the user at that point.

He's more toxic on the forums than he is in-game, hence the forum ban. Probably because the nature of a forum allows for more shitposting than actual, civil, intelligent discussion. People go here when they're mad or want to funpost, that's not too hard to discern.

And I figure we can disagree, I don't see a point in convincing people over something I'm not particularly invested in.

I would not agree with TechnoKat tanking a permaban just because of the reasons you displayed. There are very good reasons as to his behavior.

His frustrations (which, albeit, are cringey and over-the-top) with lesbians and tajarans are mostly a stereotype reinforced by people roleplaying in shitty, lackluster and ridiculous ways.

His past with validhunting and powergaming? I will admit partial responsibility to that, as a frequent head of security player. I used to be REALLY shit, and I set a very bad precedent for certain people to follow. I was a very terrible leader and I made the mistake of teaching the people who played under me as a subordinate several destructive things. TechnoKat was a 2014 fall player, a little after the time I came in. He followed my footsteps, in a way, by playing security on a static name character 24/7. Old dogs can learn new tricks, but it's even harder to condition their current behavior out.

He hasn't really seemed to have done wrong by me. He creates problems, yes, but I don't think they're severe enough to warrant a permaban from the server. Just my two cents. I've always been one to give people more chances than they deserve if I believe they have a chance to improve.

...and you called me Delta, okay.

Sorry about that... Its the middle of the night for me and I am Deadpan Tired.(calling you delta)

as stated, Some of the issues are severe, some arnt. but its the /amount/ of them all thats what is warrantable, As stated. pretty much everyone kisses this place goodbye at a max of five warnings, Except for techno aparently he is special, He has TWENTY EIGHT warnings and still messing about, hasnt changed hardly at all and he offends /somone/ every other time he says somthing, As jboy said its completely ridiculas that this topic even exsists, techno should have had this happen to him a VERY long time ago and for some reason, whatever that may be, did not. This is long overdue and quite frankly just needs to end here.

We (administration) will not be taking any sort of action on this until the 17th which is when Techno will be unbanned from the forums where he will be able to defend himself on this matter without the use of a middle man, and then administration will take this matter into consideration.

If the admins aren't going to do anything until the 17th, can you guys at least answer the question I asked a few posts back? Why is it that Techno has had so much leniency given to them? Thats the biggest problem, what they've actually done is almost secondary to that.

No, it's just that only people who perceivably know me enough call me Delta, likewise I'd figure that I'd know you too, right? To everyone else, I'm 1138. Maybe I'm just paranoid, whatever.

As Tish has already said, nothing's going to be done yet and this will be 'open for deliberation' until the 17th in which TechnoKat can speak up for themselves. I've said my piece, so hopefully I can remind myself not to post until I feel like I have something relevant to say past what I've already said.

If the admins aren't going to do anything until the 17th, can you guys at least answer the question I asked a few posts back? Why is it that Techno has had so much leniency given to them? Thats the biggest problem, what they've actually done is almost secondary to that.

I won't lie, we've dropped the ball on that. There's really no special conditions or anything. It's just more of faulty judgement calls and the fact that in notes we usually add things like "Ban on next offense" or something. Sometimes, staff (including myself) will not notice that until after they've informed the player of a punishment, and they decide to give them one, last chance so that we don't turn around and go "actually, you're banned". We'll learn from this so we can apply it in the future.

With that note, I'll be locking the thread, and will unlock it on the 17th once Techno has been unbanned.