Ban Request - InquisitorJohn

BYOND Key: Chaznoodles.

Accused Players Byond Key: InquisitorJohn (Hypatia).

Time of Act: 01:00am GMT onwards.

Reason for Ban: Repeated instances of violence which disrupted the rounds in question.

I've been back home for three days max, and repeatedly over these three days have I found myself in conflict with a very patricular shell, Hypatia. Three rounds spring to mind. The first was a Nukeop round in which I played HoS. The nukeops took hostages within the station, including myself. The player is recorded saying things such as "fucking retard" and other choice titbits of conversation whilst this was going on. They blitzed into the hostage zone, completely disregarding that I had stated they had hostages, resulting in the deaths of two other players as hostages, two of the ops on the spot, and one later, also resulting in myself being lasered. This behaviour, not willing to roleplay a situation in favour of violence, is a common trend, as well as their disregard for other players' fun. Another round that highlights this is another recent Mutiny round, in which the player sided with the Captain's side which was fair enough. However, they escalated straight to lethals alongside the others on that side with the Mutineers being armed only with stuns, again showing a disregard for escalation and the fun of the 'other side' involved. A more recent Mutiny round, with myself as HoS HeadMut, ended much the same. The Loyalists, including the player, had been peacefully detained and the orders taken, and they were given back their equipment. I left to deal with a problem in the Bridge when Faers, the Cadet, called for help in the Brig. I jogged on over to find the player in question dressed in full riot gear, shield in hand, and a laser rifle, which had been fired at Faers enough to put her straight to critical, thereby showing disregard for the fun of players again with the intent instead to win. The Loyalists all had stun weaponry, as shown by them dropping it when I promptly stunned all five loyalists to the floor, upon which carbines were changed to lethal and emptied into me until death. One final occurence, which prompted this ban, occured at 01:00am GMT today, in which the player again repeatedly disobeyed orders given to them by myself, the HoS, as well as giving out insults. They also demanded to be given riot gear and lethal weaponry, and when this request was refused, they stormed off in a huff with another player. They returned with two tasers in hand, and lied saying they'd been ambushed by a crowd of revolutionaries (rprev round) and needed riot armour. I found out this was a lie by asking an engineer who was standing right next to them. The Detective then turned up and it was found out that the two tasers belonged to the Detective, which i'd given him permission for due to these two officers disappearing off. I ordered them to return them and they refused, insulting myself. I proceeded to empty my pistol set to stun into them in order to floor them for cuffing. They were a shell so this failed, instead resulting in them tasing my face off. They proceeded to cuff me and remove my headset, before dragging me into Maintenance, where they harmbatoned my character until the skull was broken and I was in critical, The only reason they stopped was due to the intervention of the player they had left with earlier, who dragged me off to Medical where I nearly died anyway. Their intent during this was key, as they were clearly intent on disrupting the round for me and taking me out of participating in it.

The player has showed blatant disregard for the enjoyment of others, as well as having a play-to-win attitude, in my opinion. The only other person I have seen get away with this quality of Security play was a very certain someone who I believe we all know, and I don't have to name. I'm requesting that a Security-wide jobban be placed on this player until they learn to respect others and roleplay rather than play-to-win, as well as a short three-day total ban to take them out of playing to allow them time to think.

Evidence: Logs unretrievable. Multiple rounds over the last few days. Check complaint thread against me for previous evidence of their actions: http://aurorastation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4493

Just now, Hypatia was an uncompromising, laconic, demanding asshole on the lead up to a Nuke round. As soon as we got warning that a shuttle or transport was on the way, they did pretty much the exact same things that they did in this complaint. Immediately demanded armory access for riot armor. Became aggressive and ridiculously confrontational. And then when denied, proceeded to shit stir so hard with the previously entirely innocent WrestleOps, to the point where a lethal gunfight erupted. They then proceeded to drag injured Ops around the station, and continue to antagonize their co-workers.

Don't think that warning did much, unless what happened last time was even worse.

Just now, Hypatia was an uncompromising, laconic, demanding asshole on the lead up to a Nuke round. As soon as we got warning that a shuttle or transport was on the way, they did pretty much the exact same things that they did in this complaint. Immediately demanded armory access for riot armor. Became aggressive and ridiculously confrontational. And then when denied, proceeded to shit stir so hard with the previously entirely innocent WrestleOps, to the point where a lethal gunfight erupted. They then proceeded to drag injured Ops around the station, and continue to antagonize their co-workers.

Don't think that warning did much, unless what happened last time was even worse.

I can testify to this since as a nuke op I had access to all comms. Hypatia seemed to use the round start intro text of "a ship is on the way to the NSS aurora. What ever could it mean?", or something or other, as an excuse to ask the AI to help them unload the armory because they "had a bad feeling" about the incoming ship that hadn't even entered their airspace yet. (We had not moved the shuttle). It was pretty wack behavior, imo.

Then I remember seeing Hypatia stun and cuff an unarmed nuke op, and punch them like a hundred times on the ground while making no effort to actually process them until I left the area and stopped watching, clearly just trying to take the person out of the round.

I can testify to this since as a nuke op I had access to all comms. Hypatia seemed to use the round start intro text of "a ship is on the way to the NSS aurora. What ever could it mean?", or something or other, as an excuse to ask the AI to help them unload the armory because they "had a bad feeling" about the incoming ship that hadn't even entered their airspace yet. (We had not moved the shuttle). It was pretty wack behavior, imo.

Then I remember seeing Hypatia stun and cuff an unarmed nuke op, and punch them like a hundred times on the ground while making no effort to actually process them until I left the area and stopped watching, clearly just trying to take the person out of the round.

Heeey that was me. I was wrestling with her, but then she started flashing me, so I (and the other ops) tried to disarm her, saying it was a friendly wrestle. After she had cuffed me and the incident above happened, and I was in critical dying I even told her "HEY MAN, I YIELD!" and told her she won. She kept punching me on the ground while I was cuffed until I was almost dead, dragged me around the station to medical, stopped near security, and began dragging me back, and finally I was left in a stasis bag in medical slowly dying of mutations until an officer took me out. She escalated into next week on me! I can see where the flashes were fine, and I played it like special effects were being used, but after two flash-bangs to the face I was finally cuffed and detained, she kept going on me.

Let me see. I'll try to answer posts at once, to the best of my ability, and take my time to do so to not forget to try and give my side on anything.

Lets start off with Chaznoodles' original argument.

The first situation at hand, the Nuclear hostage situation. As much as I am able to recall, I remember the point in which HoS Keelin simply tried to rally Security into Science with mere tazers. No bullet-proof vests, no nothing. The entire Security team refused to march into Science with Keelin armed with simple tasers while the operatives were brandishing lethals. This resulted, of course, in Keelin rushing on his own. Thus, Keelin was captured by the nuclear operatives, had his headset taken and was restraint. Security were left to fend on their own, with no Commander to coordinate them. The Warden, after losing communication with Keelin, called out the entirety of Security to the Armoury, to gear up for the operatives. He distributed the weaponry and gear he deemed necessary for the assault to take place, and led Security into Research to conduct the assault. If the bold and italics did not highlight it enough; Hypatia did not lead the assault team. The reason for Chaznoodles to place the blame of the two civillian deaths and the assault team itself onto Hypatia, is the fact that Hypatia was the only assault team member that stepped up to Keelin's attitude over comms. After the situation had culminated, meaning, after the operatives were taken down, people were hurried to Medbay and so on. As Hypatia walked by the Medbay and saw the injured Commander standing idly in the lobby, she spoke "You're a retard," and continued walking. Thereafter, the discussion sparked up over comms over the entire situation. Nobody in the assault team, but Hypatia, dared to reply to Keelin in comms. Hypatia is naturally confrontational against authority, specifically, when she finds said authority to be abusive, discriminative, threatening, among others. Keelin constantly threatened Hypatia to have her fired and punishments of the sorts, with Hypatia insisting frequently that the assault team's actions were to be his responsibility, since his failure led to such thing to happen. The discussion ended in Keelin silencing Hypatia by saying something along the lines of, "If you don't stop talking now, I'll have you fired."

The Mutiny round. I would like to remark an issue in this round beforehand; the fact that Chaznoodles called for a gathering as soon as he got the mutineer message to not carry out the directive, and thus, rally an entire army of armed Security members (even provided tasers and general Officer gear to cadets) in order to forcefully stop the Captain as soon as the round starts. It's the second time he did it, the first one being another mutiny round that happened not so many rounds prior. Not to mention, he did cannonize the mutiny round he had been mutineer, despite canon-antag relation rule (along with an LOOC along the lines of "I can cannonize whatever I want. :^)"). I can assure Hypatia did not take a side, once rallied to the Bridge. As per her experience in Medical, and as per the fact that the Directive was the Bluespace Virus one, with her Medical knowledge kicking in, Hypatia walked in to Vitellia's office and discussed the directive with him. They concluded that they would carry it out, to a certain point. Hypatia herself made it clear to Vitellia that she would only help to contain this said virus, but she would heartly refuse to execute and burn the infected, and would do all she could to prevent this from happening at all. The two made a deal, that Hypatia would have an HoS-esque access due to Keelin's attitude, in exchange that she would convince Keelin to help carry out the directive. Keelin, as per usual, denied and denied to be sent to quarantine or to carry out at least one step from the directive. This went on until it reached either the 45 minute mark or the 1 hour mark - which I cannot really recall with accuracy - until Hypatia said this would not go anywhere if nobody took action, and thus, Hypatia drew her taser and pointed it at Keelin. A fellow officer aided her with this, but the remainder of the Security army instantly drew batons and detained Hypatia and the officer. Keelin and his rallied army broke into the Captain's office, and detained the Captain. They sent Hypatia to Communal for nearly twenty minutes, while they spoke with the cuffed Captain in processing. After this time was over, Hypatia intended to stop Keelin's recklessness, with her planned Armoury access beforehand. She rushed into the Armoury, to which the Warden and Detective followed. The three geared up, willing to stop Keelin, and thus departed to stop the mutineers. The first mutineer Hypatia encountered was Faers, the security-officer-geared cadet. At that time, Hypatia was geared with a rifle, a riot shield, and riot gear. She aimed at Faers, limb set to head, in order to take her hostage/detain her. Faers, after a moment of silence, simply ran off, triggering the reflex shooting which burnt her face. She kept on running, and Hypatia once more tried to halt her, and aimed at her once more. Yet again, she ran off, and thus got another reflex-shot to the face. I LOOC'd for Faers to halt, and /demanded/ that she explained why she was unwilling to RP the aiming. She replied with "I have a reason for Faers to run." Thus, I adminhelped for someone to speak this through with Faers, that you really shouldn't run when you're being aimed at. While the LOOC went on, Keelin, some loyalists, and the two that had joined me came along. I politely asked that all RP was halted until the issue was solved. Yet, during the LOOC discussion, Chaznoodles decided to take advantage and began opening fire on Hypatia to detain her and take her gear. A firefight ensued, and Hypatia escaped, with 80% of her gear. The firefight culminated, and Hypatia carried on with her quest. She encountered Faers once more at the Medbay lobby, and demanded her that she (really) stopped this time. A loyalist armed with a carbine saw this happen, switched to lethals, and began opening fire at Hypatia. Hypatia returned the fire, resulting in the loyalist dying. The shuttle arrived by then. The survivors of the mutiny left for Odin, with Keelin and Vitellia not being present in the shuttle, and things seemed to halt there; resulting in a tie.

Lastly comes the revolution round. It started off naturally, with no conflicts. Everyone did their jobs, despite the paycut. It was later in the round that the gatherings started to happen. People started to come more and more, demanding that their pays were restored. To the point that a Ripley was brought in by the crew, in order to destroy the Brig, along with some bombs. Security demanded that everyone left several times, before engaging in non-lethal fire against the revolutionaries. The Ripley's pilot proceeded to try and break into the Brig by shattering the reception's window, but was successfully intercepted by Security. The revolutionaries ran off back into hiding. Few officers that warded off the revolutionaries in the lobby requested to Keelin that they were granted riot gear after having been in such situation. Keelin refused this. The officers insisted, over and over, trying to put together a valid argument as to why recieve riot gear, yet, Keelin kept on refusing and refusing. Hypatia was of course one of the requesting officers. After a long while of this, everyone departed. Security was gathered in the Security Office by Calhoun regarding the matter, to speak to Keelin. This culminated in Keelin calling Hypatia a faulty IPC, and that he'd have her scrapped. Hypatia took this as a serious offense and threat. Calhoun, threatened or offended (which I don't specifically recall), abandoned Security due to Keelin's attitude and lack of professionalism, and went off to detain the bomber on their own. When trying to detain the bomber, a detective came to the scene. He pulled out two tasers from his bag, and tried to tase the bomber. Hypatia responded by disarming the detective and taking his two guns, and conveniently, Beepsky came on scene and detained the detective. After a brief talk on what would they do with the HoS' course of action, reckless atittude and lack of professionalism, Hypatia concluded that she was willing to take him down from his horse. They were greeted nonetheless by Keelin. Hypatia and Calhoun inquired as to why the detective had two tasers, with Keelin responding that he had issued the two tasers to the detective, and ordered Hypatia to return them. Hypatia did not give them back, and Calhoun asked as to why would he provide a detective who has no access to tasers with two of these, but not provide the desperate officers with riot gear. Keelin refused to reply, and pulled out his energy pistol on Hypatia and opened fire the very instant, set to stun, and due to Hypatia being immune to tasering, she returned the non-lethal fire with the dual-wielded tasers. She quickly rushed for the Commander and slapped her cuffs onto him, and quickly dragged him away. She got rid of his headset, whilst saying, "You fucked up." Hypatia led Keelin into maintenance, away from everybody, and stripped him of his gear to make him a nuisance rather than a threat. She proceeded to say something along the lines of, "This is what you get for fucking up," and thus, bashed the man's skull in with her baton (to critical, rather than death). This is when a moderator interfered, and Keelin tried to take advantage of this to free himself and detain Hypatia. Instead, Calhoun came on scene, and pulled the Commander away from Hypatia. The Warden rushed in as well, shooting her taser at Hypatia on sight, to which Hypatia simply returned the non-lethal fire and cuffed her. With the moderator, we concluded that this was an unjustified escalation of force, although I still beg to differ, and proceeded to end the round. I did not originally intend to take the course of action I took at the end with Keelin, yet, the spark that lit the fire was the fact that he opened fire on me for refusing an order. And one last thing as to the round I've just described, is the fact that as soon as the shuttle arrived, I went and sat down in the holding cell with the cuffed Warden beside me. As the shuttle made it's way to Odin, Keelin took a dash from the cockpit to the holding cell, pulled out his energy carbine (or pistol), set it to lethals, and opened reckless fire on my character, leaving her in critical, then uttered something along the lines of, "That's what you get." With this last situation described that I experienced with Chaznoodles, it is needless to say I deem him severly unfit for the position of his own, yet, I ought to leave that for a complaint once this one ends.

Hypatia is supposed to be a confrontational character, as it's the way I intended her to be. She is questioning of the authority she deems unfit, abusive and things of the sort. Her actions taken against Keelin are justified within her mentality, as she deems Keelin incompetent. But, nevertheless, that is for a supervisor to determine that.

Thus, I conclude my first response to Chaznoodles' inital argument.

Hypatia is supposed to be a confrontational character, as it's the way I intended her to be. She is questioning of the authority she deems unfit, abusive and things of the sort. Her actions taken against Keelin are justified within her mentality, as she deems Keelin incompetent. But, nevertheless, that is for a supervisor to determine that.

This is a very unsatisfactory answer, and it's exactly the reason I do not think you should be holding your IPC whitelist at this point. You are still required in your role to follow orders from that seemingly incompetent head of staff until those orders clearly violate corporate procedure. You do not willingly disrupt the chain of command in an attempt to get back at a particular person you do not like. Confrontational characters, as a rule, are typically dealt with in equally curt and blunt fashions.

You're supposed to go straight to your bosses' boss if you hate your idiot boss is doing everything wrong. Do not take matters into your own hands and be a disruptive force, it makes you look worse than they are.

This is a very unsatisfactory answer, and it's exactly the reason I do not think you should be holding your IPC whitelist at this point. You are still required in your role to follow orders from that seemingly incompetent head of staff until those orders clearly violate corporate procedure. You do not willingly disrupt the chain of command in an attempt to get back at a particular person you do not like. Confrontational characters, as a rule, are typically dealt with in equally curt and blunt fashions.

You're supposed to go straight to your bosses' boss if you hate your idiot boss is doing everything wrong. Do not take matters into your own hands and be a disruptive force, it makes you look worse than they are.

2fd72d6175.png

5bc3c3d82e.png

f72181e313.png

4bb7e47f0a.png

e8e4439822.png

Am I to follow my boss when these have been broken? Hypatia has never taken action against any of her Commanders when no regulation has been broken.

I will say this, mutiny rounds are a bit of an exception since you are kinda supposed to....well...mutiny! However keep in mind that sticking to the in game chain of command IS a server rule. Its not your place as a security officer to deem your boss incompetent, it is also....not really your place to be overly confrontational. The HoS can demote you for it and Nanotrasen would give you the boot REAL QUICK for consistently being confrontational with you boss and questioning orders.

I'm pretty sure the "adhere to the chain of command" rule is really there to tell people not to brush off heads without a good reason. There can be some exception to this, and having one of your characters disagree with a head on a moral basis falls in a gray area (mainly based on the nature of the disagreement and how reasonable both characters' morals are).

I don't know where you people are getting the idea that Hypatia automatically questions any order she is given to by any sort of Head. She is ordered to attend to a crime scene? She attends. She is ordered to detain someone? She detains. She is ordered to update records? She updates. Hypatia's confrontational attitude kicks in when whoever her boss is gives an incorrect order, gets unjustifiedly aggressive towards her, or discriminates her because she's an IPC. Even when I say confrontational myself, I don't mean Hypatia going like, "LOL U A SHITTY BOSS GET FIRED XDDD," but rather, Hypatia questions her boss, and if her boss escalates into an aggressive tone, she grows more firm and dogmatic on her perspective.

I really don't know where you all are getting the idea that Hypatia goes like;

"Officer Hypatia, please detain the Quartermaster."

"LOL U SUCK HOS IM NOT GOING"

And as a footnote, to make it clear once more, Hypatia is only confrontational when her boss is being just a no-no. Vur K'risilav (can't spell that), Michelle Parison and Jason Stamos are Commanders Hypatia follows all order given to, and holds a great deal of respect to. Why? Because they know their job, their authority, and their crew.

Just wanna point this here out:

Hypatia said something that would have gotten The average baldie banned within seconds just.now in The rev round.

They said: "I'm being treated like an 18-year old black person on a oh-oh crop farm."

I don't think that's acceptable. Not even I would go that far with my offensive jokes. Someone has to do something about hypatia.

While I originally didn't have a problem with Hypatia, it's gotten to the point of me saying, "Y'know what, they're actually not what they seem like they are."

It's a Rev round, and people are being implanted. The HoS has given Hypatia free reign over most of the Security gear in the armory, and she's got a gas mask, the HoS' armored coat, a laser (The really big one that doesn't fit into a backpack and only has the lethal setting, can't remember if it's rifle or carbine) a full sec belt, even a spear that she liberated from one of the revs, and was asking several times, "Do they need a spearing?" Or something of the like. Completely disregarding the fact that they had a security belt with non-lethal means, they were going to resort to using a spear to incapacitate people.

Everyone was getting loyalty implanted, and one Warden in particular was moaning about how he didn't want to get one. So then the topic of Hypatia not having one pops up, and everyone agrees that since the Warden got an implant, it's only fair that Hypatia gets one too. Well, shit. Hypatia outright refused and said "I'm going to slice anyone that gets close to me." and immediately ran off into the little corner overlooking Perma brig, where the disposals chute is. We come up to implant her anyway, she drops the spear and whips out her laser carbine/rifle, threatening to SHOOT ANYONE THAT CAME NEAR HER. Despite repeated attempts to get her to put the weapon down, she absolutely refused every single time and maintained the fact that if anyone comes near her, she's going to shoot them.

It's only then that the EMP grenades were rolled out, and one was chucked right in the middle of the Sec lobby. Fearing for everyone's safety due to them having robotic insides, I immediately dove for the grenade and chucked it down the hall. Unfortunately, Hypatia was still in her little corner, and ended up getting fried. I couldn't help but think "Serves her right." Although I don't want to come across as rude or brash for this, I believe it really is fitting that their IPC or Sec whitelist is stripped. They've been at this behavior for a while, and attempts to get her to stop clearly haven't done anything useful.

Wa laser (The really big one that doesn't fit into a backpack and only has the lethal setting,

even a spear that she liberated from one of the revs, and was asking several times, "Do they need a spearing?" Or something of the like. Completely disregarding the fact that they had a security belt with non-lethal means, they were going to resort to using a spear to incapacitate people.

Hypatia outright refused and said "I'm going to slice anyone that gets close to me."

We come up to implant her anyway, she drops the spear and whips out her laser carbine/rifle, threatening to SHOOT ANYONE THAT CAME NEAR HER.

In response to Frances. Links back into the behaviour mentioned in the opening post, namely resorting straight to harmful means and playing to win.

Is it fair to judge people for behavior during a rev round? What exactly did Hypatia do that round that went against the spirit of roleplay, and how was their behavior different from the ones of other people (sec or revs) who partook in the round?

Err? Blatantly refusing a loyalty implant when everyone in Security was forced to get one, due to almost everyone in Security revolting against the HoS? Threatening to kill anyone that came near her? Resorting to lethal means to incapacitate people even though they had a full Sec belt? Blatantly refusing two Heads of Staff's orders? Take your pick, there's no "Oh it was just a Rev round" argument, this was after all the violence and carnage was over; But there were still Revs running around, converting people. Hypatia chose to waste our time and threaten us with death just because she wanted to pull that shit, and it ultimately came right back in her face and got her killed, along with about six people exposed to several EMP grenades.

Literally everyone in Security was loyalty implanted. Hypatia wanted to be special and stay free just because, and threatened to kill anyone who wanted to change that.

Then yeah, from a character perspective it might be understandable (loyalty implants are supposed to be extreme, idk, I could see some characters refusing to be implemented on principle), but it looks like a problem if literally all of security but Hypatia was cool to play along, and Hypatia chose to address this by threatening to shoot people with a gun. Perhaps more of an OOC problem, but still.

Is it fair to judge people for behavior during a rev round? What exactly did Hypatia do that round that went against the spirit of roleplay, and how was their behavior different from the ones of other people (sec or revs) who partook in the round?

Err? Blatantly refusing a loyalty implant when everyone in Security was forced to get one, due to almost everyone in Security revolting against the HoS? Threatening to kill anyone that came near her? Resorting to lethal means to incapacitate people even though they had a full Sec belt? Blatantly refusing two Heads of Staff's orders? Take your pick, there's no "Oh it was just a Rev round" argument, this was after all the violence and carnage was over; But there were still Revs running around, converting people. Hypatia chose to waste our time and threaten us with death just because she wanted to pull that shit, and it ultimately came right back in her face and got her killed, along with about six people exposed to several EMP grenades.

Literally everyone in Security was loyalty implanted. Hypatia wanted to be special and stay free just because, and threatened to kill anyone who wanted to change that.

I wouldn't blame Hypatia resisting considering that she helped protect the HoS, and squash the mutiny at the time.

And again, rev rounds.

I wouldn't blame Hypatia resisting considering that she helped protect the HoS, and squash the mutiny at the time.

And again, rev rounds.

Hypatia was issued lethal weaponry by the HoS herself in the way of bringing a lethal closet to her, opening it and saying "Hypatia, grab a rifle." Prior to that, a crew mass moved in to the Brig in trespass in order to take down Security. Tasers fired, people downed. One was carrying a spear, which Hypatia snatched away, and carried around for the remainder of her lifetime. It was then, nearly seven minutes after, that she was issued a rifle. She cooperated with the HoS during the entire round without an implant, and never used her spear or rifle to harm anybody. It was when the HoS started to break people's legs and forcing implants on them that Hypatia got a little edgy on the topic, and when the implanted Security was ready to go off in a manhunt, the Warden mentioned that Hypatia was not implanted. When the HoS told Hypatia that she should be implanted "just in case." Hypatia refused. The Security crowd insisted, and Livingstone (Ove), the RD that was implanting people, intended to implant her. She kept on refusing the implant, and waved her spear around to ward them off, insisting that she had helped Security all this time without an implant and on her sole will and interests, regardless, Security insisted. Hypatia dropped her spear and snatched her rifle, cornering herself, ready to fire at Livingstone if she tried to force the implant on her. More insisting happened, until one of the revs rushed past the lobby, and tossed an EMP in. This resulted in, of course, Hypatia's death.

The "black guy working in a crop field," was said by Hypatia, yes, when they tried to force her into the implant. She said, "THEY'RE TREATING ME LIKE A BLACK GUY IN AN EIGHTEEN OH-OH (1800's) CROP FIELD!"

At this point, all I'm seeing is people unwilling to accept me into the community. At this point, I really don't mind if I'm banned at all. Many of the people that have stated against me in this thread are many of those I thought as friends in the community and people I got along with. But, then again, it's in the administration's hands to ban me or not.

At this point, I'm begging to be banned. I thought this was a multiplayer game. A multiplayer game has a community. The community is one and one only. What's the point of playing in the Aurora if all I get are people talking to my back? People simply telling me I'm a shit player and a shit roleplayer? That I'm some sort of lesser satan simply seeking to grief and gank everybody on sight? What would be the point in staying? I played this server because I thought the community was awesome and welcoming, but at this point, I really regret taking that decision. Once more, I don't mind if I'm banned at this point. Staying would only mean getting more and more salt from the people I enjoyed playing with. At this point, all I'm doing try to gather all I can from my poor memory to justify myself for wanting to play in the Aurora. At this point, all I log in to is "you shouldn't be an ipc," "there's a new ipc restriction" and messages from Garn telling me that people don't like my character and myself.

stuff

I don't talk about you behind your back; Nor do I think you're a "shit roleplayer" or "mini-satan", I just think you need to change your mentality with Hypatia. I fully accept anyone, no matter who they are, so long as they're willing not to be a pain for everyone, they're fair, and they have some sort of moral ethics. (Ex. not calling someone an autistic shithead like I was called just this previous round at the time of posting this, by a CMO)

I understand you want a sense of community as well, and you thought that this one was pretty sweet at the start. I did too. This might just be my "Night is ruined." emotions talking, but I feel the same way about this "community" as you do. Most people are needlessly toxic, and attempt to get rises out of people just for their reactions, commonly referred to as trolling. I absolutely hate it, I don't see the need to play this game if it just attracts the worst kind of assholes there are on the internet. But hey, that's life.

I don't want you to be banned from the server, I don't want anything of the sort. You're a good roleplayer. You just need to tweak Hypatia, or in my opinion, if that isn't possible, stop playing her altogether. That might seem like a pretty unreasonable request coming from me, but I feel like you could do some good playing a different character for a while. Maybe you could come back to her.

stuff

I don't talk about you behind your back; Nor do I think you're a "shit roleplayer" or "mini-satan", I just think you need to change your mentality with Hypatia. I fully accept anyone, no matter who they are, so long as they're willing not to be a pain for everyone, they're fair, and they have some sort of moral ethics. (Ex. not calling someone an autistic shithead like I was called just this previous round at the time of posting this, by a CMO)

I understand you want a sense of community as well, and you thought that this one was pretty sweet at the start. I did too. This might just be my "Night is ruined." emotions talking, but I feel the same way about this "community" as you do. Most people are needlessly toxic, and attempt to get rises out of people just for their reactions, commonly referred to as trolling. I absolutely hate it, I don't see the need to play this game if it just attracts the worst kind of assholes there are on the internet. But hey, that's life.

I don't want you to be banned from the server, I don't want anything of the sort. You're a good roleplayer. You just need to tweak Hypatia, or in my opinion, if that isn't possible, stop playing her altogether. That might seem like a pretty unreasonable request coming from me, but I feel like you could do some good playing a different character for a while. Maybe you could come back to her.

I'm speechless, at this point. I've emptied my brain enough into the matter to the point of getting rather emotional about it. But my point still stands. I don't care about being banned anymore. 2k words I helplessly wrote trying to justify myself against another salty kid just seem meaningless. I don't want to justify any action of mine, any character choice, development, statement or anything of the sort anymore. I'm tired of getting spoken about to my back, and trust me that I know who these people are, and have none confront me about it or try to reason with me - but instead just run off to the moderators to tell me I'm a shitty roleplayer.

I don't understand what the mindset of the SS13 community, otherwise, the Aurora's is. I don't understand why "IC unfairness" is so frowned upon. My character gets pushed around, called a bag of bolts, called faulty, death-threatenned, fired for being IPC, opened fire upon, EMP'd, force-implanted, ion'd, lasered, revolvered-to-the-head, blown up, beaten down, beheaded, detained. And do you see me hardcore LOOC'ing and adminhelping to whoever is doing such? I rarely do (90% of those cases being when people just walk past my decapitated head and not pick it up). I'm comfortable with it, personally, because if people have an IC hatred for IPCs, sure, that's your character pal. But when my character reacts to it and bashes your skull in for abusing her?

I don't have much else to say, much else to justify. Still answering, regardless.

Time to drop my personnal opinion.

As far as I have seen, Hypatia is a great character. But, as John said. Hypatia respects my HoS.

Yes, she is aggressive. And.. That isn't bad per say. It'd be bad if he would punch/kick every prisoner, or, disobey every order. But from my experience she can follow orders. And when she was promoted Interim HoS I was surprised. In a good way. She acted like a HoS should.

That said. I don't think a ban is appropriate. But, that's my personal opinion.

My admittedly limited exposure to Hypatia over my last few days on Aurora has been dominantly positive. I haven't really seen any lunacy out of her, and her behavior in the rounds where we've been in security together (which coincide with these complaints) has been plenty reasonable. There's been way more aggressive people than her in there on the regular during my time here, and I don't think any of them have eaten a ban.

I've got to say, I am rather loving the stance of being the victim that the player has now taken.

At this point, I really don't mind if I'm banned at all. Many of the people that have stated against me in this thread are many of those I thought as friends in the community and people I got along with. But, then again, it's in the administration's hands to ban me or not.

At this point, I'm begging to be banned. I thought this was a multiplayer game. A multiplayer game has a community. The community is one and one only. What's the point of playing in the Aurora if all I get are people talking to my back? People simply telling me I'm a shit player and a shit roleplayer? That I'm some sort of lesser satan simply seeking to grief and gank everybody on sight? What would be the point in staying? I played this server because I thought the community was awesome and welcoming, but at this point, I really regret taking that decision. Once more, I don't mind if I'm banned at this point. Staying would only mean getting more and more salt from the people I enjoyed playing with. At this point, all I'm doing try to gather all I can from my poor memory to justify myself for wanting to play in the Aurora. At this point, all I log in to is "you shouldn't be an ipc," "there's a new ipc restriction" and messages from Garn telling me that people don't like my character and myself.

I'm speechless, at this point. I've emptied my brain enough into the matter to the point of getting rather emotional about it. But my point still stands. I don't care about being banned anymore. 2k words I helplessly wrote trying to justify myself against another salty kid just seem meaningless. I don't want to justify any action of mine, any character choice, development, statement or anything of the sort anymore. I'm tired of getting spoken about to my back, and trust me that I know who these people are, and have none confront me about it or try to reason with me - but instead just run off to the moderators to tell me I'm a shitty roleplayer.

My character gets pushed around, called a bag of bolts, called faulty, death-threatenned, fired for being IPC, opened fire upon, EMP'd, force-implanted, ion'd, lasered, revolvered-to-the-head, blown up, beaten down, beheaded, detained. And do you see me hardcore LOOC'ing and adminhelping to whoever is doing such? I rarely do (90% of those cases being when people just walk past my decapitated head and not pick it up). I'm comfortable with it, personally, because if people have an IC hatred for IPCs, sure, that's your character pal. But when my character reacts to it and bashes your skull in for abusing her?

Guilting behaviour has been seen before from others who were put in this position. You did wrong, you're now making yourself out to seem the victim and then blaming others. Linking this back to original post, attitude towards other players.