[Accepted] Cre8or38's Ban Appeal

BYOND Key: Cre8or38

Total Ban Length: Two weeks.

Banning staff member's Key: The ban note that I'm seeing is saying that someone placed it in the stead of the trialmod firstact

Reason of Ban: Ban placed for two instances of gank, also taking into account past instances of gank.

Reason for Appeal: The reason I want to be unbanned is that I believe my two week antagonist ban was applied unfairly considering the two issues that arose. The first one was unfair to me, I believe, since not all the details were taken into consideration. The second issue arose from me misinterpreting the rules.

I don't have my player file and a list of bans on hand, but as far as I can recall I haven't had any issues with gank for a while.

The first time that anything happened, I was a vampire. I was busily sucking someone to death in a ladder-well near engineering, when an engineer passed me by. I was clearly tooth-deep in this dude who was nearly dad at my feet. So the engineer basically tries to say that he didn't see anything, and flees up he ladder. I go after him. ( Thing to note here is that they ran the first time after catching me killing someone. They did say something, but left up the ladder before I could reply or emote. To me, this was them running away so they could safely scream into their radio.) I come running into the room, and go about silencing him. I was afraid that he would get on the radio and start snitching which would be very bad for me. I tie him up, de-radio him, and start trying to get some more words in.. Anyways I'm typing along, and they break their cuffs and beat feet away from me towards the ladders to escape. So I go after them again and drain them to death. This seems pretty fair to me.

The second time I was witnessed ganking in the round was when I was a max-power vamp, and ordered a tajaran to use his weapon to attack a friend in the bar. This isn't the issue that was brought up by the trialmod, though. The actual issue started when I dominated a security officer who was responding to this mass of chaos and confusion in the bar, and ordered him to kill himself with his own weapon. Keep in mind, the bar is a madhouse after I sent this tajaran to attack his fellow cargo technician. Multiple officers are on-site, bar goers are running around, I think a doctor was in there too, it's a madhouse. So the officer does what I ask and kills himself. My logic here came in two key parts. One: This place is chaos. Add more chaos. The officer killing himself in front of the other officers is pretty good chaos. Two: The bar is filled with people. It is an absolutely temporary death and he'll be dragged to a cloner in like five minutes tops. This would be completely different if I had ordered him to shoot himself in a maintenance tunnel for me, which would have obviously unacceptable. Moving on, I was told after the fact by Firstact to read the rules. I did read the rules beforehand, but I didn't see anything related to vampires and ordering suicide. When I was reading the rules regarding gank, there was nothing that I saw that mentioned anything in specific regarding vampires and the dominate ability.

I'm sorry that my mistake caused an issue, and if you allow me my privileges again I promise that it will not happen again, especially now that I know specifically not what to do as a vampire.

On further consideration perhaps 2 weeks was too long of a ban, considering you expressed willingness to improve in antagonist roles while talking. However, you need to keep in mind that this ban was caused by repeated behavior, and it shouldn't be repeated once it's over. There is one thing you need to understand as well, however. Killing the engineer and the others wasn't a huge issue, having the tajaran attack someone in the bar, was not an issue. Taking someone out of the round with minimal rp to the point where they didn't even know who gave the dominate command, was the issue, and the ganking rule isn't specific to certain antag actions, it's general to make you aware that antagonists are there to provide roleplay first and foremost. I believe once you take these into account and are able to actually play antagonists again, you'll be fine, if you are willing to put roleplay above winning. As for right now I'm going to lower it to 1 week in the hopes that you actually read this and took it into account, just keep in mind what happens if it's repeated again.