Access denied

You show up on the lists, but nowhere on the logs. Which means you're not firewalled. Interesting.

Make sure you're using a BYOND version newer than 510 and that your BYOND versions are not in the following two: 512.1407 and 512.1408. Those two versions get instantly dropped, due to them having exploits. So basically. Upgrade BYOND to the latest beta and try again.

I have tried unplugging my modem and plugging it back in again. I have updated byond to latest stable and beta builds, both of which do not include the 2 dropped byond client versions. I feel this issue is not clientside but rather serverside. Can you please whitelist me or do what ever you have to do to allow me to connect without being autorejected?

The server doesn't require active whitelisting. As stated, you're showing up on a set of connection logs. Which means you're definitely getting past the firewall and all that.

Try running

ping host.aurorastation.org

in your CMD, and see if you get a reply or not.

Ye, so you get past the firewall and other filters just fine.

Try clearing your IE (Internet Explorer, yes, trust me, it sounds weird) browser cache. And also maybe delete your BYOND's cache in your documents/BYOND/cache. Just delete that folder. And then try reconnecting again.

Done that and still get the same error.

Problem is server side not clientside because I can ping and get past the firewall.

I'll hazard a wager that the program youre using to filter out greytiders is also filtering out false positives. And probably not just myself.

We don't use such a program.

The only thing that can forbid entrance to the game like that is the game itself. But even then your attempt to connect would be logged clearly and plainly. And I'm not seeing those logs. Which is odd. I've disabled the only IP block ban we have, so I guess try again. Also, if you're using a ckey other than solidshaft, please make sure to tell us.

• 2 weeks later...