Unban Appeal

BYOND Key: Coolbc2000

Total Ban Length: Perma

Banning staff member's Key: thedococt

Reason of Ban:Disconnecting as HoS (after taking care of the round?). Extensive history

Reason for Appeal: Yes, I did indeed diconnect as HoS but this was not directly after I finished cleaning up after the Antags. There was a half and hour break inbetween me finishing off the Antags and the time of my Disconnection, which is due to me living in a Campus with poor network infrastructure which I can't really control myself. Should I play HoS when I'm on Campus? No, that's my fault and I'm will to take the punishment for that. But a perma-ban from the entire server seems like a little step too far. Now this ban was applied awhile ago but I was unable to even reach the server untill recently. And it's very possible that I have a extensive history of leaving and disconnecting. But after I deal with Antags? I think not or else I would have been talked to about it way before the perma would have been applied.

I'm willing to take a lighter punishment, But when I can, and I see my Internet is going to die, I head straight for Cryo. But I believe a Perma from the entire server is quite harsh.

Reason of Ban:Disconnecting as HoS (after taking care of the round?). Extensive history

Reason for Appeal: Yes, I did indeed diconnect as HoS but this was not directly after I finished cleaning up after the Antags. There was a half and hour break inbetween me finishing off the Antags and the time of my Disconnection, which is due to me living in a Campus with poor network infrastructure which I can't really control myself. Should I play HoS when I'm on Campus? No, that's my fault and I'm will to take the punishment for that. But a perma-ban from the entire server seems like a little step too far. Now this ban was applied awhile ago but I was unable to even reach the server untill recently. And it's very possible that I have a extensive history of leaving and disconnecting. But after I deal with Antags? I think not or else I would have been talked to about it way before the perma would have been applied.

I'm willing to take a lighter punishment, But when I can, and I see my Internet is going to die, I head straight for Cryo. But I believe a Perma from the entire server is quite harsh.

Yes, I did indeed diconnect as HoS but this was not directly after I finished cleaning up after the Antags. There was a half and hour break inbetween me finishing off the Antags and the time of my Disconnection

Lets begin with this real quick- to clarify, I and another administrator personally witnessed you hand over a handcuffed antagonist to a doctor to be taken into surgery, before immediately walking to the chair outside of surgery and disconnecting within the minute. Perhaps you personally define 'finishing off' the antags as having taken them into custody, but regardless, those were the circumstances.

Now, onto the main issue.

Reason for Appeal: [...] my Disconnection, which is due to me living in a Campus with poor network infrastructure which I can't really control myself. Should I play HoS when I'm on Campus? No, that's my fault and I'm will to take the punishment for that. [...] And it's very possible that I have a extensive history of leaving and disconnecting. But after I deal with Antags? I think not or else I would have been talked to about it way before the perma would have been applied.

You've largely outlined exactly why you received the ban. This is beneficial, if you acknowledge the issue that resulted in the ban you're far more likely to avoid it again in the future. There's just one more issue. You do, indeed, have an extensive history. To be exact, you currently have 76 staff notes, 12 distinct warnings, and 17 distinct bans over the course of your time here. This makes me severely call into question your specific statement, "but after I deal with Antags?" To be frank, at this point, what does it matter? Does this imply you intend to break each individual rule until you've hit the limit, before moving onto trying the next? You have been given an obscene number of opportunities to rejoin the community while following the rules. You have been given a significant amount of leeway with each of your punishments. Yet, each time, there is a different issue- how many times are we expected to assume this time there won't be?

Reason for Appeal: [...] due to me living in a Campus with poor network infrastructure which I can't really control myself. Should I play HoS when I'm on Campus? No, that's my fault and I'm will to take the punishment for that. But a perma-ban from the entire server seems like a little step too far. Now this ban was applied awhile ago but I was unable to even reach the server untill recently.

You have 7 distinct notes, warnings, bans, for this exact topic, ranging almost your entire time-frame on the server. On top of your 69 other entries for other issues. You should know well, by now, to ahelp if you are going to be suddenly removed from the round, particularly as such a vital role as a head of staff. If you're aware you cannot rely on your internet under these circumstances, why do you play the role? Barring that, after having been talked to, warned, and banned for this exact issue prior, why do you still fail to appropriately inform staff of this, if you happen to have enough warning to begin moving to cryo?

The permanent ban is not specifically because you logged off in the middle of the round after dealing with the antagonists. That event is, metaphorically, "the straw that broke the camel's back". The permanent ban was applied as a result of both this, and the fact that you have failed to learn from previous punishments over the same issue, or any other issue, and continue to break these rules. Once again- why is this time different? Why should we think this will not occur again?