[Denied] Security Unban - XanderDox

BYOND Key: XanderDox

Total Ban Length: Permanent Security Job ban

Banning staff member's Key: No idea, they did not reach out to me and I cannot recall who the admin I dealt with in round was.

Reason of Ban:

*Note, this is MY opinion on why, as I was not given a clear ban reason as I was not online or reached out to by the banning individual to my recollection.*

I assaulted a vaurca, reported them for being memey/powergamey in combat, then went to cryo or died and ghosted and left my computer. I came back, saw no messages from staff because I was away from my computer, and promptly exited space.

It turned out a staff member had messaged me to ask to talk about MY conduct as sec going after the vaurca, and so a secban was applied by whoever this was after the fact. A moderator reached out to me to tell me the ban was applied, but that they were not the banning member nor did they provide a clear reason. I don't remember their discord or ckey either.

Reason for Appeal:

While I don't fully agree with the ban, I recognize that I most likely was in the wrong in the situation as I was disregarding my safety to try to fight through a spam of viscerators. The vaurcae was in a closet, and was activated three viscerator grenades from inside, keeping them safe but ensuring I was getting attacked. Instead of retreating, I pushed forwards to get them and fight the viscerators.

I enjoy Security play a lot, and wish to clear up this misunderstanding and start playing the department again.

Hi there Xander, I'll likely be making a full respone to this either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Here is the full ban reason:

"Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Forensic Technician, Security Officer, Security Cadet - Shot a traitor with lethals and proceeded to rush them, pushing through the viscerators they had created via viscerator grenades. This is validhunting is also against the rules regarding taking your character's pain into account. In addition to this, you rushed another traitor who was using fragmentation grenades based on the idea that the tactical shield would block all the pellets everytime. This is also validhunting and is also against the rules regarding taking your character's pain into account. You also logged out during admin PMs even when specifically told you were not finished. You were given ample time to join back. This is a permanent security job ban. -- Applied on behalf of trial mod House Of Synth."

Apologies for the delay, I've had a hectic few days IRL and so dealing with this got pushed back a bit.

I'm going to start off by saying I'll be denying this appeal. You have been given many chances to follow the rules, and considering you broke this same ruling twice in this round, I don't feel inclined to accept this unban request.

You attempted to shut down two traitors by rushing them. The first, you attempted to push through a swarm of viscerators just to get to them, disregarding your own safety and pain until it became obvious that you wouldn't get through without serious injuries or even death. Secondly, you abused the tactical shield to rush an antag who was using fragmentation grenades. Again, throwing your safety out the window and essentially assuming the shield would protect you from all of them. Both of these cases exhibit clear signs of validhunting as well as disregard for the rule regarding your character's sense of self preservation and the rule regarding avoiding pain.

You have 4 permanent bans, not including job bans, that have been appealed in the past. You also have another 53 staff entries that you have accumulated in your time here, 12 of which occured this year so far, 25 last year. My point is I see no indication of change. Even after your secban, you've accumulated four more staff entries. Another thing I would like to touch on is this:

Banning staff member's Key: No idea, they did not reach out to me and I cannot recall who the admin I dealt with in round was.

This is entirely incorrect. There are two ways you could have known it was me, one was where Read contacted you on discord and specifically told you I had banned you. The second way you could have known is by looking at the ban itself which comes up whenever you try and play a role you are job banned in.

Us contacting you is also another issue I'd like to bring up. See, I would have PM'd you on discord myself, however we have no mutual servers and are not discord friends. So I could not search your handle and PM you. Read kindly offered to contact you in my stead, to which you responded in a rude, arrogant tone:

AveryThePanda06/19/2018

Hey

Did you crash during the Ahelp?

or leave?

Xander? I need to know if you crashed during your conversation with Synth, or if you logged out.

XanderDox06/19/2018

I left

I said my concerns were over

and he didnt respond for five minutes

so I left

AveryThePanda06/19/2018

He stated he wasn't done.

XanderDox06/19/2018

Never saw that

Besides

I was the ahelper

If I want to leave, I can

AveryThePanda06/19/2018

Unfortunately, not in this case.

XanderDox06/19/2018

????

Why

I was the ahelper

I no longer had time to fight for the issue I was reporting

so I left.

AveryThePanda06/19/2018

We had a ticket come up, and he needed to discuss it with you.

XanderDox06/19/2018

I have a life, that life does not include sitting dead waiting for an admin to respond to me

Well

He should have told me

AveryThePanda06/19/2018

In fact, you were sec banned.

for logging.

XanderDox06/19/2018

So?? He can't message me himself???

He didn't even tell me there was an issue, I saw no message from him beyond when I said I was done.

at all.

so if you can provide proof

AveryThePanda06/19/2018

Sure.

XanderDox06/19/2018

or if he can message me

and not be a coward hiding behind whoever you are

then

that'd be greato.

AveryThePanda06/19/2018

"[20:07:42] houseofsynth -> xanderdox: Unfortunately, I'm not finished. Now I'm inclined to believe the word of three others, one (?) of these being a staff member. From what I can tell, you lethalled them, leading to them being put into crit, before running toward them, causing them to defend themselves with (?) more grenades. Which you then pushed through to telebaton them, instead of retreating due to the injuries being inflicted upon you. This seems like behaviour linked with validhunting as well as a disregard for your characters safety no? "(edited)

I'm ReadThisNamePlz.

XanderDox06/19/2018

I mean

staff can lie too

they hid in a locker

then I entered the room

but sure

I've got no time or energy for this

I'll appeal it later and file a staff complaint against him for failing to handle his own bullshit cases proper.

ttyl

AveryThePanda06/19/2018

ttyl

or if he can message me

and not be a coward hiding behind whoever you are

then

for failing to handle his own bullshit cases proper.

As I said, you spoke in a rude, arrogant tone in some parts of this conversation. This is a note left by abo at the beginning of this year

be96ad0e37.png

I did not believe I needed to escalate to a permanent ban as I had already escalated you to a permanent job ban due to the severity of your actions and your past rule breaches. However, because of this discord interaction I could have just permabanned you. My point here is that you're on a very fine line, and if you overstep it you're going to be permabanned from aurora entirely with little chance to succeed in an appeal. So I recommend you be very careful.

Overall, due to the severity of the situation, being you shutting down two antags by rushing them, as well as your conduct in the conversation with read coupled with your continuation to breach the rules even after this ban, I am not going to be accepting this appeal. You may contest this through a staff complaint if you wish, but for now this is my final verdict.

Appeal Denied