[Denied] Security Unban Request - Spider4062

BYOND Key: Spider4062

Total Ban Length: Permanent, though I was told that I was able to appeal it after a month, which is today.

Banning staff member's Key: Aboshehab

Reason of Ban: I'm not sure of the official wording of the ban, but I know it was because of poor escalation of force during a round, and on top of that, my previous infractions as a security member.

Reason for Appeal: I realize where I messed up. The whole valid-hunting thing is really just stupid, it's not beneficial to RP and all it really does is ruin people's rounds. I rarely play as non-sec but I took this month off to try other jobs, write a new backstory for my character, and further improve my RP. Now I see the effect my actions would have, I would not have wanted to interact with a player like me. At first I was convinced I was in the right but I now realize that what I had done, which was spoil the round for several people, and the only one who benefited from it was me. After all that, I've always enjoyed and really miss playing on the sec team, and this is really the only good RP server where I can do so. I think this month off has helped me realize how to RP better and not be an irritation to people. I hope you will consider my appeal, thank you.

Total Ban Length: Permanent, though I was told that I was able to appeal it after a month, which is today.

Reason of Ban: I'm not sure of the official wording of the ban, but I know it was because of poor escalation of force during a round, and on top of that, my previous infractions as a security member.

Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Forensic Technician, Security Officer, Security Cadet - Employed more than permitted force on a hulked vampire, shooting at them lethally without any attempts to stun/detain. Excessive shooting also resulted in the venting of the brig. Per your previous entries, this is a clear case of you valid hunting and not thinking things appropriately. This is a permanent security department job ban, which you may appeal no date before 27/07.

I had a look at your WI and these are the rounds you've played this month with present characters.

bVg-bAwm 2018-07-09 11:39:30 Assistant - Jesse Armstrong

bU9-crWg 2018-07-01 17:29:42 Bartender - Ernesto Perez

bVi-cFGP 2018-07-11 17:56:31 Bartender - Ernesto Perez

Now, I do realize you played a few rounds the month before, the few days after the ban I applied, but that since you couldn't play security, your activity dropped down to these 3 rounds in the last 27 days. In addition to the fact you have 34 staff entries, 32 of them negative, practically every issue being a repeat. If I'll even be more specific, you have 6 warnings and 5 different bans.

You don't have a large enough sample size for me to judge you to be suitable for an unban. I'm going to deny this, you can appeal tomorrow or a year from now, me accepting an appeal is dependent on whether you are able to abide with the rules and cause no issues while playing other jobs. Do note you actually even gained a negative staff entry after the ban itself.

Appeal denied. Leaving this open for another 24 hours.

Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Forensic Technician, Security Officer, Security Cadet - Employed more than permitted force on a hulked vampire, shooting at them lethally without any attempts to stun/detain. Excessive shooting also resulted in the venting of the brig. Per your previous entries, this is a clear case of you valid hunting and not thinking things appropriately. This is a permanent security department job ban, which you may appeal no date before 27/07.

I had a look at your WI and these are the rounds you've played this month with present characters.

bVg-bAwm 2018-07-09 11:39:30 Assistant - Jesse Armstrong

bU9-crWg 2018-07-01 17:29:42 Bartender - Ernesto Perez

bVi-cFGP 2018-07-11 17:56:31 Bartender - Ernesto Perez

Now, I do realize you played a few rounds the month before, the few days after the ban I applied, but that since you couldn't play security, your activity dropped down to these 3 rounds in the last 27 days. In addition to the fact you have 34 staff entries, 32 of them negative, practically every issue being a repeat. If I'll even be more specific, you have 6 warnings and 5 different bans.

You don't have a large enough sample size for me to judge you to be suitable for an unban. I'm going to deny this, you can appeal tomorrow or a year from now, me accepting an appeal is dependent on whether you are able to abide with the rules and cause no issues while playing other jobs. Do note you actually even gained a negative staff entry after the ban itself.

Appeal denied. Leaving this open for another 24 hours.

I couldn’t play on the server for a bit because of some BYOND update, and I didn’t really play much on high-pop because the bartender role that I chose for my new character was almost always taken. Regarding the ticket I had gotten, I believe it was about playing a believable character which I later changed and fixed in the next round.

Aside from that, I get your reasoning, thanks for the quick reply. Regarding needing a larger sample size to judge me on, would you just want to see me more active on the server? Discord even?