[Denied] Unban Request - Biabri

Guest Feoragan

BYOND Key: Biabri

Total Ban Length: Posthumous

Banning staff member's Key: Scheveningen

Reason of Ban: Ban applied as part of the resolution of the player complaint against you, in particular what occurred during a round was where you chose, as a non-antagonist security officer, to turn around and baton your own head of security into submission for attempting to arrest you, doing the exact opposite of your job expectations to an unreasonable extent. You were spoken to about this when you were department banned for turning medical into a chopshop when you had other, more reasonable decisions to make at a given time. You may appeal this ban in a month, on November 5th of 2017. Have a good one.

Reason for Appeal:

I would dispute a lot of the ban reason for a few reasons while accepting that I was fully deserving of one. In reality, we all know that there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on, and while there was reason enough for me to be banned, this isn't entirely fairly worded. Schev demeaned me to the point that I was quite literally being ignored and having false accusations flung at me. This is an undeniable fact. There is an abundance of evidence both on the forums and in logs. Regardless, I did break the rules, and I can accept that and understand that, and while I accept that I was the one to choose those courses of action, there are a number of external factors that contributed to this.

I've sort of made peace with Schev, I think. They've told me that this approach towards me is their style, which I found pretty questionable, but whatever. Regardless, the growing anger I was feeling at the community as a whole was really something that should have been aimed at a few individuals and kept lowkey. I had people I'd never interacted before suddenly talking about how they had told me weeks ago that my name should be changed, and they had supposedly been offering advice since day one and I hadn't taken that advice and this made me worse than Hitler, with purple hair. Really though, a few people made light-hearted jokes in discord and the only person who disagreed with my name was the same person that would softly metagrudge me every round and he was actually friendly when he started talking to me oocly, a nice cluster of people liked the character and eventually, the name was changed when I was actually confronted about it by someone. Anything said to the contrary is a lie, straight up. I've been nothing but genuine throughout my time here and I expected the same of others. Needless to say, but those expectations were far from met by enough people for me to feel majorly pissed off.

I was unfair to some people, yes, but then, who was really fair towards me?

People set up circumstances in which they could file an IR against me. In fact, the same person did it twice on different command characters in different roles, manufacturing situations in which I was in the wrong, on their orders, when in fact, what they were doing was of course a massive breach in protocol. The third IR was exactly the same, a CMO ordering an investigation which resulted in no action taken, probably because I was acting on her orders. Of course, I was the untrustworthy one because I had 3 IRs on my name.

I hope you can excuse me for being a bit quick to defend myself with that against me.

Then came ClearThoughts. He outright lied throughout both player complaints made against me, and Scheveningen sided with him so blindly and to an extent (all part of that patented Schev approach) that I genuinely thought that there was something going on between them. At this point, with no outside higher-up intervention, I believed basically the entire staff team to be endorsing this. I stopped believing in the community as a whole and got progressively more petty and sarky.

I can defend myself on the medical point, but I already have. That wasn't actually reported in the player complaint, no, ClearThoughts reported something so entirely unrelated and factually incorrect, so tilted against him that Schev had to use another reason entirely, from another round. This act of turning medical into a butcher shop was reported by a cyborg who valued dead traitor bodies over cloning the former occupants of those bodies on the same round. It's of note that due to us lacking a chemist and botanist and having run out of biomass that we began to pursue every means of getting biomass to clone those dead, a fair amount of the crew. We didn't clone a single person due to the intervention of this borg, despite the fact that the harm was already done. The escalation was done improperly, but I was stressed from another round OOCly and ICly, we had a fair amount of flesh on our hands with no use for it. At the time, with 0 other options ICly, both me AND ANOTHER PERSON reasoned that this was an acceptable solution. I was accused of having exhumed a kidney, murdered live people and meta'd stuff as a nurse that round, despite this all being agreed by me and a doctor who would have been in a higher position than myself. I have no idea what mental gymnastics Schev went to in order to reach that conclusion about kidneys, but the charge was levelled against me despite all protests. Note: A chemist did arrive, but she went afk for a time before actually arriving in chemistry and then was more interested in making masses of anti-toxins while we screamed for biomass instead. When she did make biomass, she didn't make enough to clone even one person. So technically, there WAS a chemist on in that round, but this was after we'd already commenced our plans.

I understand fully that chopping up bodies was a step too far and wasn't even particularly effective anyway. but this wasn't a decision made just by myself and at the time, with me already under a lot of stress, I didn't really care how I came across, I'd decided that getting rid of traitor bodies was acceptable in order to help the people they'd killed. Take whatever judgement from that this little rambling what you will, but note that this wasn't me running around with dual chainsaws chopping the legs off of living people.

The second case, when I 'turned on the HoS with a baton' was going to be one of these "okay, I'm filing an IR this round, except I'm the one actually in the wrong, huheuhue." Captain majorly overstepped some boundries, HoS did too, ignored blatant crimes and obstructed Security's work, granting unreasonable pardons and eventually attempting to arrest me for not teleporting to the desk with e-guns while shooting carp as ordered, e-guns given to me willingly for that exact job, which were called in the instant I actually arrived. I had to travel downstairs to deliver the energy carbines, at which point I was told I was being arrested. This is sketchy OOCly and ICly, and I later discovered that ClearThoughts had been suspiciously involved in the entire orchestration of this little drama.

It was at this point that I gave up on the community, deciding it was just hell to play any round if every game I ever joined was going to be like this. Despite this, I was polite to the HoS, not just smacking and harmbattoning him to the ground, but instead warning him when he tried to arrest me that I would not allow him to do so as his actions were breaching protocol and massively unfair, with the subtext that we should instead talk about this reasonably. He moved to arrest again and I prodded him once. He prodded me in return and I took him down before attempting to cuff him, ready to declare the arrest, totally uncaring at this point, when the cadet picked up the HoS' baton and got me.

I regret that action, it's what led to my ban and I understand perfectly why that action was unacceptable. However, the entirety of that round was ClearThoughts metagrudging and engineering circumstances in such a way that was unfun and led to me being trapped in my role with nothing to do about it despite not being an antag at all. It's worth noting he was the one that also filed the player complaint.

I am making excuses for my behaviour, yes. It's not what you want to see, but not one bit of this is a lie. It is opinionated, but I have not wilfully twisted what has actually happened. These circumstances and some other discord bullying is what led to my eventual breaking of the rules and thus while the actions were mine, a lot of the anger that led to that action came directly from ClearThoughts.

I am sorry, I know that what I did wasn't the right way to handle it, I understand that I was far too rude with people in my reactions, but throughout this entire thing, I responded only with what I felt was fair in proportion. I know that I can't do that in the future now, and I really have learnt from this mistake. I know that this entire post is me making excuses, but I know that in the future, I shouldn't allow others to try and force me into such positions, and would make myself so completely unattackable in any way that they had no fault to pick with me. If they did, and brought this complaint to me, I would fix it immediately and without hesitation in the best way that I could.

While this ban was about my IC actions being unacceptable, I'd like to point out that they mirrored the OOC dickishness and even at times TO A LESSER EXTENT, mirrored or were directed by others.

Yes, I had to make another account. I was a dick on the forums.

To be perfectly fair to myself, you offered nothing in the way of support though, when you all probably knew Schev's way and saw how they were being unfair and biased despite their position.

I fully believed, with reason enough, that you condoned of this.

You have a funny way of making peace with people if after doing so, you choose to accuse the banning staffmember (previously speaking, of course) of lying as your basis to be unbanned.

Nobody thought you were Hitler with pink hair. You simply did not understand the atmosphere of this community and your behavior was volatile enough for the server staff to notice and attempt to nip in the bud before it got too out of hand.

Schev demeaned me to the point that I was quite literally being ignored and having false accusations flung at me. This is an undeniable fact. There is an abundance of evidence both on the forums and in logs.

Provide these examples, if you would please. You're effectively levying the sole reason of you to be unbanned on the premise that in some way or another I lied to you about any particular circumstances relating to why you were banned.

To be perfectly fair to myself, you offered nothing in the way of support though, when you all probably knew Schev's way and saw how they were being unfair and biased despite their position.

I fully believed, with reason enough, that you condoned of this.

Nonsense. I spoke to you twice before I finally started to crack down on your behavior to attempt to correct your thinking processes and tell you where the line of in-character decency was defined. Not my fault you didn't comprehend, not the staff team's fault either. It is insulting to say the least that we never offered you chances.

I had absolutely no reason to believe you when you defended yourself given the complete lack of log-based evidence compiled from your end to help contextualize your side. You chose to be passive-aggressive and extremely snarky when I spoke to you, to the point where the staff at the time decided not to waste time on the back and forth and agree on applying the ban. I didn't make the decision to remove you permanently from the server alone, given you were a fairly prolific regular at the time.

Idek what your issue was with ClearThoughts in particular but it's very much telling when one individual is more willing to provide solid evidence against another person and that person in particular just doesn't even try to defend themselves or take the issue seriously. I do not even know them that well and I take great amounts of offense still to the accusation that somehow we're metafriends and they influenced me to remove you from the server for selfish reasons. That was not the case. You were an offender of the rules, my job was to deal with offenders with appropriate discretion. That's it, to be objective as possible. I take accusations of corruption very seriously because you're insulting my moral character when you accuse me of such. Beyond that, there was little good faith I could offer when you refused to put up much of a defense and reacted in such a way that further made it more justified to punish you outright.

You made your situation inherently worse as I was investigating your case. If you remained calm, civil and tolerant throughout the investigation process I wouldn't have thought to stretch to such an extreme as permabanning a player from the server, but your behavior was so amazingly toxic that it made little sense to keep you around given how volatile you acted towards your critics and how volatile you would've likely continued to act had I not removed you from the community. Behavior and thought processes don't change in an instant, it takes considerable wisdom, foresight and humility for an individual to see the consequences of their own actions and even predict how other people would see them as a result of them carrying out those actions, and very few people are that introspective.

You made it very easy for yourself to put yourself into a position where you attempted to play the victim, and manipulate people through weaselly language and accusations that you were somehow being persecuted. I have never tolerated this sort of attitude and it would be a shame if it were to be simply let go and you were unbanned without a single bit of retrospective of what you did that was wrong.

I'd thought I'd made my peace with you, schev. It seems not. Even with your position no longer at risk you continue to try and accuse ME of lying, which must seem misleading to me and every single other person here reading this... No more charades, please?

I was volatile? Maybe. Or... Maybe you should have dealt with this issue when it first started, stifling the lies and denouncing them rather than supporting them and causing us to play this seemingly endless game of charades! What exactly are you doing this for? Just leave this. You gain nothing from it. You lose nothing from it. This is absolutely nothing but spite, Schev! Drop the act already, please. It's fine to admit you've made mistakes, heck, this is exactly the place for it. I know it's hard. I hate being in the wrong too. Especially when I've been falsely accused. Is that what you think I'm doing to you? Falsely accusing you? Do you not realise your own actions? No, I've drawn no false evidence, every nitbit of your actions are posted in as much context as is needed to fully explain the situation. You? You've not extended that kindness to me, have you?

You DID lie. You came up with false reasons and that was SO incredibly aggravating. If you wonder why I was passive-aggressive, consider your own blatant aggressiveness, please.

I was talking about how I believed the higher up staff condoned of your overtly abusive behaviour towards me. You spoke to me about my name and it was changed. You spoke to me about medical and jobbanned me to stop me from proving that the same mistake wouldn't be made again. Those are the two conversations I recall. The third was when you spouted a list of false accusations at me.

And the second time you banned me actually, temp, and that was for telling you that you were wrong. Well specifically, you banned me for saying "lol, schev is questioning me about a load of stuff that didn't happen?" in discord. Eh. That's a bit SKETCHY, but hey...

I provided enough evidence, as contradicted by ClearThoughts, who provided snips of a load of out of context nonsense. Which you fell for entirely. Passive-aggressive. Snarky. Yeah, I WAS talking to someone who was going to ban me at the end of the conversation despite them being in the wrong, not I. You made it quite obvious that the reports were going one way and even used IRs factor into that decision... False IRs, one made by you, I believe? You, who promoted yourself to captain without any permission from any other department that round and made that IR for NEGLECT of duty when I went to fetch a uniform. Hey, maybe I was a touch in the wrong, but you made that IR when you were just as much so. Shrug.

Idek what your issue was with ClearThoughts in particular but it's very much telling when one individual is more willing to provide solid evidence against another person and that person in particular just doesn't even try to defend themselves or take the issue seriously. I do not even know them that well and I take great amounts of offense still to the accusation that somehow we're metafriends and they influenced me to remove you from the server for selfish reasons. That was not the case. You were an offender of the rules, my job was to deal with offenders with appropriate discretion. That's it, to be objective as possible. I take accusations of corruption very seriously because you're insulting my moral character when you accuse me of such. Beyond that, there was little good faith I could offer when you refused to put up much of a defense and reacted in such a way that further made it more justified to punish you outright.

ClearThoughts provided what solid evidence though? Nooo? He provided a list of lies which you followed up without investigating, Schev, that's the truth, nothing else but. I didn't take the issue seriously because I thought you'd have realised that what he provided was baseless and other admins took my side on the round in which he emptied a clip of a spray weapon into my nurse...? Hm? Don't act like metafriends and there is no suspicion of you being one. You mindlessly, ignorantly, blindly followed every word he said and made sure that his character could not be attacked, and ignored me highlighting the rules he broke and that you were holding him to an entirely different standard to me.

He was just as much an offender as I, Schev, as I spoke about when talking about mirroring. Is the offender the first reported, if I had reported his behaviour first, would I truly be the one not banned right now? Tell me that's a fact Schev, or I will truly be quite disappointed in you. Objectivity, yeah, no. Accusations of corruption? No smoke with out fire. Good faith? I think you stopped believing in that a long time ago.

Yes, I did, I've admitted this. Your overt aggression and refusal to see through his words didn't help that. The investigation process should never have gotten so far. If my behaviour was toxic, how'dya classify the person that made up mostly falsified reports on me? Uh? If you'd not removed me from the community, I would have probably been fine. As I suspected, ClearThoughts went straight into an application off the back of me. Surprisingly, you didn't support him. That's in your favour, but eh. Not that much, fairly sure you stopped being staff by that point? He seems to have left after failing that, hence my return now. He was the main and pretty much only real issue I would have faced, having fixed my shit regarding the character.

Introspection? It's not just something that happens to the people you've banned, Schev. Try it out sometime, maybe it'll really help you... I mean that in the kindest way possible because I can't see how you keep this up anymore.

You made it very easy for yourself to put yourself into a position where you attempted to play the victim, and manipulate people through weaselly language and accusations that you were somehow being persecuted. I have never tolerated this sort of attitude and it would be a shame if it were to be simply let go and you were unbanned without a single bit of retrospective of what you did that was wrong.

I've not played the victim, I hate playing the victim. No, you gave me this role and I'll wear that badge as proudly as I want, Schev. Because it's true. I am the victim here, partly a victim of my own rash actions, but you also had a hand in this pot too.

There's no weasel here, just truth, a genuine person confused about the lengths you'd go to, for... What? Please, Schev. Stop. I wouldn't tolerate liars, but that power isn't mine and it was your job to do that. One job, Schev. It's hardly a coin toss or a 50/50 chance. You walked the wrong path, as did I. Don't shove me off this route out of pride or whatever you think I'm attacking. I can't make this appeal without bringing you into it, it's not personal. I had been nothing but kind to you, at least until you started with all this.

Hindsight is for those who can't move on Schev, and that's what I'm trying to do here.

You're a special case. It's gotten to the point where I don't even care if Schev wronged you, yet out of fairness I've given this appeal to other people to look into as I'm personally busy to go over the plethora of examples cited here.

My personal assessment as a Head Administrator of this server based on what I've seen. Deny this appeal. You're toxic, extremely aggravating to the community and wouldn't even tactfully accept criticism. Find another community.

Hum. Good example to set...? I mean... ??? Okay then.

Sharp, the only time I've spoken to you is when I thanked you for removing the abusive message I'd received from one of those who took it upon themselves to try and bully me.

If I'm supposed to tactfully accept criticism in that form...

I like this community, and believe it or not, some people liked me.

Specifically those who didn't make it their duty to undermine me.

It would be an utter travesty to allow this person back into the community to continue spreading their toxic personality around further. Nothing has changed. More accusations of bullying. No acceptance of personal responsibility except when convenient to buy sympathy. You did this before. It's not fooling anyone.

You are really invested in this. I wonder why? Do you hate me with such vehemence?

Argue the points you believe in so much, or do you have nothing to respond to them with...?

https://gyazo.com/4c8e8518f64b43dfa85ab7f951cfc0df

Who did warn you that I'd act like the way I did? You never actually did answer that question, did you?

You're under the control of some other agent, one you refuse to give up the identity of? Please do forgive me if I am a little suspicious of your unbiased judgement, Schev.

Who did warn you that I'd act like the way I did? You never actually did answer that question, did you?

The administration did.

You're under the control of some other agent, one you refuse to give up the identity of? Please do forgive me if I am a little suspicious of your unbiased judgement, Schev.

lmao. SS13 is serious business.

Sharp, the only time I've spoken to you is when I thanked you for removing the abusive message I'd received from one of those who took it upon themselves to try and bully me.

If I'm supposed to tactfully accept criticism in that form...

I like this community, and believe it or not, some people liked me.

Specifically those who didn't make it their duty to undermine me.

Here-in lies one critical nuance. Others can perceive you as being a total ass even if you acted "nicely" towards them at an individual level. When this happens, it's usually because you are, in general, an ass. And give off the vibe of being an ass.

Ultimately, you're deflective, aggressive, and an ass. Even when scapegoats like Delta are not involved.

Why not just admit that and save me a lot of headaches, Schev, for the love of god. What was the point?

Look up the definition of Agent, maybe I am being a touch snobby with my language, but it's only to spice this up because I don't think I'd be able to deal with you otherwise with how shockingly bad you've treated me... besides, you love your wow words as much as anyone else!

I've tried to be kind to everyone, of course, some people didn't deserve that courtesy or try at any point to grant me it.

Skull. Deflective is a trait of those commonly attacked. Aggressive? I doubt this wouldn't have died straight away if I hadn't firmly set my point and what I was trying to say, emphatically.

Maybe I am a bit of an ass though. Eh, sure. I'll give you that...

Also, Skull, typically, scapegoats AREN'T guilty of the blame they're taking. This is not the case here, or well, perhaps it is... Schev needed to deflect blame from ClearThoughts, I was a decent enough target, no?

The boot certainly does fit!

Constantly deflecting issues and blame is a trait which belongs to children, or those who have been through a bit more than what we within this community are capable of offering to you. Regardless, to the extent that you display it here, it is inexcusable and goes a long way to undermine your own attempts at getting unbanned.

Aggression is also a fun thing to discuss. Sure, aggression tempered with sound mind is a great tool. In fact, I use it myself. But as with everything, it must be applied in measured doses. Let us remind ourselves of you acting like an aggressive child over multiple occasions (on Discord, in the complaint against you by specifically calling someone a little bitch, and with you unban appeal juke). I'm sure that list is way longer, was I to bother looking.

And please do not attribute any of these to anything other than your inability to handle yourself: ultimately, it was and always has been your choice to stay here and conduct yourself as you have been. You've always been free to leave, had you believed you were mistreated severely enough. You always had the choice to do just not call someone a little bitch. Or to walk away from this community with your dignity. But no. You chose to act the way you did. And that is why both me and Abo think this is wasted breath.

Also. I never claimed Schev was blameless. But you are deflecting your own shortcomings onto him. Considering that 80% of your words are wasted on tirades about him and clearthoughts. With one measly sentence addressing your absolute failure to leave your own dignity intact.