Fallen London

Tenenza

I'm not even going to try explaining Fallen London, since someone like Bokaza is going to doing it way better later so whatever.

It's a game.

You're underground.

In London.

It has Fallen.

It has kickass writing to make up for being a browser game.

Here's a link.

http://www.fallenlondon.com/

Play the game.

Be cool.

Wait for someone else better with words to explain just what madcap tenenza is talking about.

Woot

Imagine if some entity took a good part of of London and decided to move it into the underworld. The underworld itself is full of strange creatures, devils, ancient civilizations and strangest mysteries. Yet, people of London continue to live and scrape by as they always have, changing their way of life to fit their new environment and... circumstance. You are one of those people an you chose what you want to be.

The mechanics are those of a browser game, where you have 'move points' you get over real time. Then, you spend those points by selecting oportunity cards. Thay either pop up normally, depending on previous choices or randomly. You also get items you may use when selecting oportunity cards, or that allow you to craft new oportunity cards. You can fuck up badly, but from what I've seen, you can never die.

Many secrets and a well crafted world await if:

1. You don't mind a game that steadly devolves into grinding
  2. Don't insist that everything is spelled out for you
  3. Have patience
  4. Lack of explosions or action doesn't bother you

Me, I stopped playing a while ago. I just love owls. If you want a real fan, do contact Inverted_Rectum, the ever lurking shitposting right hand of Aurora anti-christ. He's a cool guy, and you would make him very happy if you took interest in the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I necro-revive this thread eight months hence, hijack its topic, and triple post in it to inform you all that Sunless Sea is:

- Still good

- Still purchasable

- Coming out with DLC in like three weeks

So you should still buy and play it. The Fallen London writers are still going strong here.

Also, zubmarines, people. Zubmarines.

I'll go sit in the shame corner now.

• 2 weeks later...
I necro-revive this thread eight months hence, hijack its topic, and triple post in it to inform you all that Sunless Sea is:

- Still good

- Still purchasable

- Coming out with DLC in like three weeks

So you should still buy and play it. The Fallen London writers are still going strong here.

Also, zubmarines, people. Zubmarines.

I'll go sit in the shame corner now.

On that note, allow me to present:

COLOR>

Right click it, and open in a new tab, because forumcode is bad.

• 4 weeks later...